PFT: Fins Want Warner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Fins Want Warner

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just passing it along. This is what they think.

FINS WANT WARNER

Despite quarterback Jay Fiedler's solid performance since replacing Brian Griese in the fourth quarter of the November 23 game against the Redskins, we're hearing that the team is very interested in Rams quarterback Kurt Warner, who most likely will be available after the 2003 season.

Warner was benched early in the 2003 season, despite winning two MVP awards in his first three seasons as a starter. Injuries plagued his 2002 campaign, and a bizarrely ineffective performance in the 2003 season opener, which was punctuated by a controversial concussion, put Warner on the bench for Week Two -- and he hasn't been back on the field since.

The Dolphins are nearly certain to dump Brian Griese, whose two year contract contains a huge roster bonus due in 2004. The only way Griese would stay is with a restructured contract that forfeits a huge chunk of the roster bonus.

It's unclear whether Fiedler would likewise be scuttled, if Warner is signed. Though the presence of both players could create controversy, the team needs protection -- in the event that Warner's chariot really has converted to a pumpkin.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I would not do that. If we get a qb in here let it be a young guy who can throw a nice deep ball and .. wait a minute... we have Sage.. never mind. But seriously if we keep Jay, we need to re-do his deal.. hes not worth all that money.

please NO!!!!!!!!
I do not want Warner in a Phin uniform next year. I personally think the guy is overrated and why would we invest in a guy who is past his prime.
I say no to Kurt!!

I agree. We need to look to the future. We need a young gun, either a draft pick or someone with ten years or so ahead of them, not behind them.

I don't know who that would be, but that's what we need.

you realize if we get Kurt Warner we also get his wife... now who needs that pain in the a$$!

He would never make it behind our line. Until we improve the o-line play we need a very mobile QB.

HELL NO!!!!! HELL NO!!!!! HELL NO!!!!!
Kurt Warner is the most overrated QB in NFL history, and he's probably even less mobile than Griese!!
HELL NO!!!!! HELL NO!!!!! HELL NO!!!!!
Oh, and by the way, HELL NO!!!!!

PLEASE NO WARNER!! I hate that man! And his wife!?!?!

we'll be fine... and we don't need warner because we have Fiedler. it's obvious we're gonna draft a QB the 1st round wether it be Eli, Ben, Philip, or J.P.

i believe this is a bunch of ****... we don't want waner, no one does. and yes you're exactly right.. who wants his wife?!

This won't happen. Warner is simply not a good fit. we have already seen what happens without a Mobile QB. And What number would he wear? NO WAY WOULD HE EVER WEAR 13!!!!! Plus, PFT is jsut trying to stir up sh**. We are in the midst of a playoff push, looking to win our division, and Fiedler is coming off the best game of his career. Let's focus on this year and NE.

I would have thought that after seeing Brian Griese's statue like performances, the age of the immobile QB in Miami is gone. Which is why Warner won't be coming to us. Plus having watched the Rams-Vikes game Sunday, Chris Collinsworth made an interesting point about Warner, after a chat with GM Jay Zygmont, who said that actually the Rams couldn't afford to trade or release Warner because teh cap hit would cripple the Rams.

I'll take Kurt Warner if I can have Turley and O Pace w/him and Jay as a backup ;)

Back
Top Bottom