PFT: Fins Want Warner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Fins Want Warner

imagine Turley and Pace on this team... now that would be a hell of a line... McKinney is gonna be a good one...that would be awesome...

If we go with a vet at QB in lue of keeping Jay's balooned salary my choice would be Mark Brunell. He is mobile, and has a very good arm, and would probably come cheap. I don't think he would be a long time frnachise QB, but diffinitly has few good years left while we could groom a possible franchise QB. That being said if Jay wins his next 5 or 6 games then this probably won't even be up for discussion.

Yeah right... South FL would chew up his wife and spit her out. Hopefully he goes to Arizona so we never hear or see him again, maybe he'll be baggin groceries again soon.
He's not cool enough to cut it in Miami, keep his country bumpkin a$$ out of here, we don't need someone coming here having his wife moan on the airwaves. When I see her sometimes I wonder if she's really a man. Seems like she's the only one in the family with testicles. How sad.

I agree with Fearthefish... If you get warner, you also get his whiney wife! PLEASE no

Originally posted by Cover23
please NO!!!!!!!!
I do not want Warner in a Phin uniform next year. I personally think the guy is overrated and why would we invest in a guy who is past his prime.
I say no to Kurt!!

one thing is for sure, we would need a great offensive line if warner is our QB. i dont want thim either. Warner had alot of talent around him at St louis at that time. i dont think we are as good in that department yet and i dont see it happening. i think scrammbling QB's are the way to go. what i see out of this though is pressure on jay and griese to either get cut or restructure. i would rather draft a young QB while there will be some good ones i believe.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
Tim Couch would NOT be a bad pickup

Couch would not be a GOOD pick-up either.

Originally posted by Boomer

Couch would not be a GOOD pick-up either.

good size, great arm, makes all the throws, got a raw deal in cleveland(lost his job to injury), can run if need be, led a 3rd year franchise to 7-9 the previous season. a classic norv qb(cut in same mold as trent green and troy aikman)

can you give reasons why he would not be a good pick up?

Originally posted by Dajesus
If we go with a vet at QB in lue of keeping Jay's balooned salary my choice would be Mark Brunell. He is mobile, and has a very good arm, and would probably come cheap. I don't think he would be a long time frnachise QB, but diffinitly has few good years left while we could groom a possible franchise QB. That being said if Jay wins his next 5 or 6 games then this probably won't even be up for discussion.

and they played with each other. i mean........as jaguars.:D

There look to be a TON of good, experienced QB's available this offseason.

Warner
Couch
Brunell
Garcia
Gannon

Also, watch what happens in Cinci with Kitna and Carson Palmer. the Bengals may not make a move for another year or so, but could be forced to make a decision early because of the cap.

Originally posted by Muck
Just passing it along. This is what they think.

FINS WANT WARNER

Despite quarterback Jay Fiedler's solid performance since replacing Brian Griese in the fourth quarter of the November 23 game against the Redskins, we're hearing that the team is very interested in Rams quarterback Kurt Warner, who most likely will be available after the 2003 season.

Warner was benched early in the 2003 season, despite winning two MVP awards in his first three seasons as a starter. Injuries plagued his 2002 campaign, and a bizarrely ineffective performance in the 2003 season opener, which was punctuated by a controversial concussion, put Warner on the bench for Week Two -- and he hasn't been back on the field since.

The Dolphins are nearly certain to dump Brian Griese, whose two year contract contains a huge roster bonus due in 2004. The only way Griese would stay is with a restructured contract that forfeits a huge chunk of the roster bonus.

It's unclear whether Fiedler would likewise be scuttled, if Warner is signed. Though the presence of both players could create controversy, the team needs protection -- in the event that Warner's chariot really has converted to a pumpkin.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I would imagine that we have already seen a "preview' , of sorts, of Warner in brian Griese. Both are similar pocket type QBs and I doubt seriously that he would do any better here with our OL the way it is. if Fiedler restructures, I'd just as soon keep him for awhile and groom a youing one. Let's not make the same mistake again like we did with Marino. Had JJ drafted a QB in 98 to learn under marino before he left, we could be sittin' pretty now in that sense.

Re: Re: PFT: Fins Want Warner

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Let's not make the same mistake again like we did with Marino. Had JJ drafted a QB in 98 to learn under marino before he left, we could be sittin' pretty now in that sense.

funny you mention that...wasn't griese taken in the 98 draft? ;) his career could've been COMPLETELY different...

Eli manning is good But I think the best QB to draft would be Chris Rix. GO NOLES!

JK- The Best QB in college football is Phillip Rivers this guy is going to be one hell of a pro.

Back
Top Bottom