PFT: Fins Want Warner | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Fins Want Warner

True. I wonder how attached he is to it. If he's really attached he might just decide on another team because of that.

Anyway my opinion is that it would be practically useless to toss in another defenseless quarterback in the Brian Griese mould hoping that he can be an effective passer when we've got a right tackle who is vastly overrated in pass protection, and a left tackle who is probably at least another 2 years from being considered decent among LTs.

Originally posted by RICKHURD
I'M SORRY - DIDN'T MARINO SLING IT FROM HIS SIDE AND WASN'T HE ALSO A "PROJECT"? NOT TO MENTION THAT HE WAS PASSED OVER MANY TIMES, TOO.

YOU WILL EAT THOSE WORDS IN A COUPLE OF YEARS.

This tells me one of two things, a) you never saw Marino in college or b) you've never watched Rivers closely to try to make that comparison. Marino threw from about 3/4 & had a cannon of an arm with great accuracy, Rivers throws side arm with a moderate arm with great accuracy. That low release will get batted down a lot in the pros. Marino wasn't a project player because he was supposed to be top 10 & fell because of an untrue rumor. Rivers is a fringe day 1 pick that is a project.

Marino also fell because teams thought that as a thrower, he pushes the ball rather than throws it. Shula always rubbed it in to all the other coaches that passed on him sayin "So how's my 'pusher' look now?" Oh plus teams were convinced Marino was dumb as a rock.

Sidearm tossers can be worked on. They may never get completely away from their natural throwing motion but they can learn to use more of an overhead motion. The most recent case of this David Carr. Coming out of college the guy had a very frequent sidearm motion which has all but been corrected by his NFL coaches. They had him throwing over ladders and doing all kinds of other drills to get him to throw the way he's supposed to. Granted, the guy's not an all pro yet but he's shown flashes and he looks like he'll be a solid QB for many years to come.

Okay, #1 Kurt Warner PROBABLY wouldn't get too anal about not having #13. He says in his book that Dan Marino is part of the reason he wears his number, what greater sign of respect is there than to not bitch and moan about not getting his number?

#2 - Henson is a joke. Another M***igan scumbag.

#3 - I still maintain that Couch would be a good backup QB for Miami... he's really underrated...

But, alas, it's not my call...

Originally posted by Expo88
Sidearm tossers can be worked on. They may never get completely away from their natural throwing motion but they can learn to use more of an overhead motion. The most recent case of this David Carr. Coming out of college the guy had a very frequent sidearm motion which has all but been corrected by his NFL coaches. They had him throwing over ladders and doing all kinds of other drills to get him to throw the way he's supposed to. Granted, the guy's not an all pro yet but he's shown flashes and he looks like he'll be a solid QB for many years to come.

Carr had a throwing motion similar to Marino's, not quite sidearm & more 3/4. Also the problem with trying to change his motion is how will that affect his accuracy? That makes him a project, especially with his moderate arm.

i dont think the rams can dump warner next season,they paid him a huge signing bonus ,so it would all count against the cap..i dont see this happening

Much like Marino, Rivers' has a quick release and throws more of a bullet. Marino wasn't the "bomb" passer that Elway was, but he got the ball out of his hands and into his receivers hands very fast. The game has changed, accurate passers and mobile QB's are more what is needed. I'm not saying that Rivers has the arm that Dan had, just that he has a similar style. Plus, I love his attitude ~ He commands respect and is a leader on the field much like Marino is. Leaders are winners.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Nope Ben Roehlisberger (sp) could be the best in the draft. JP Losman would be good as well, maybe Walters out of Arizona st. Manning will be long gone.

Ben and Walters are both Jr.s, and it doesn't look likely that a MACC Jr Qb would declare early. The hard thing about picking QB prospects right now is it is really hard to tell about arm strength. You know who put up the great stats, but untill combines and pro work outs it is hard to tell who will be the top prospects.

If you're as good as rothguy from Miami, you declare early... even in the MAC, which is the most underrated conference in college football, btw.

I'm still upset that the 'Fins didn't grab a guy like Dave Raggone when they had the chance last year. Tell me, who would you rather have as a project: Dave Raggone, a guy who would have been a top 10 pick had he come out in his junior year or Taylor Whitley (sp?) a guy who barely made the team?

Back
Top Bottom