PFT: Fins Want Warner | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Fins Want Warner

No one has ripped Brunell yet after my first post. I couldn't be more surprised. Half of all Miami fans hate Jay, but every name that is brought up to replace gets ripped a new a$$ hole. I really think we have to wait to see how this season finishes before we start talking about QBs. Jay could be the next SB champ, and even I would like to see him comeback if that happens. If Jay puts a good rest of the season I wouldn't mind letting him stick around, and haveing Sage be our back up. He has had 2 years to digest the system. If we lose out we will probably get a new coach and QB. So lets see how the next 4 go.

I've heard that Couch is another one that needs perfect protection to succeed. Easily rattled and holds the ball too long. :confused:

If we got Warner, maybe we could hire his wife to clean the locker room. She did a good job at the Brady Bunch household.

Where do these writers at PFT get their info. I haven't seen this story on any other site. They also say in the same article Cowher could be gone in Pittsburgh. Are they just throwing this crap out there, hoping maybe some of what they write comes true. Ala National Enquirer.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
#2 - Henson is a joke. Another M***igan scumbag.

#3 - I still maintain that Couch would be a good backup QB for Miami... he's really underrated...

But, alas, it's not my call...

Man get over it already, Henson, if drafted would be starting for someone right now period. Don't let your rose colored glasses obstruct your veiw.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Quarterbacks have changed since the early days where theyd sit back and look around and throw the ball in the pocket. The new generation quarterback is a major threat, he can run AND throw. Guys like Steve Mcnair and Mike Vick are the type of quarterbacks of the future.

Funny I keep hearing that but lets take a look back to the recent history shall we.

Last years SB starting QBs the very immobile Rich Gannon and the very statuesque Brad Johnson, niether can run to save their lives or their team.

Tom Brady is not considered a mobile QB and he and the Pats beat the equally immobile Kurt Warner's Rams.

Back,, BACK,,, the Ravens beat the Giants with a some what mobile QB in Dilfer and on the other side? Yup, the cement in my shoe's Kerry Collins.

No we get to the mobile QBs in the SB, Steve "AIR" Mcnair who's Titans lost to the very same pocket passing Kurt Warner.

Now I'm actually gonna agree with you and say that the mobile QB is the future, BUT so far it really hasn't shown to completely true yet...YET. ASlthough there has been Young and Montana that were mobile but lets face it they played for the same team, so that probably had more to do with ut than anything. Also Thiesman was pretty mobile too.

And no I do not want Warner in Miami, you think his wife complains now wait until he gets killed behind our Oline. :lol:

Signing Warner would be ok if Mrs. Warner didn't come with the package but she does so no soap. But you don't need him anyway, Fiedler's a future HOF'er.:lol:

I'm SO not serious about the whole michigan thing... while I do HATE that whole entire state... I wouldn't argue having Drew Henson here in Miami...

Ok you have the right to hate my state, no prob. I was just a little worried that you were getting overly obsessive about it. ;)

In Columbus overly obsessive would be... well... theres really no overly obsessive hatred of that awful state here... it's all relativley normal

I'll settle this argument right now: both of your states suck! They're either way to hot or way too cold and there's really nothing as far as natural beauty to speak of. ;)

Maybe trade a third rounder if we do the O-Gun trade for Dave Ragone or something as said before, but I think the QB we should get is Rod Rutherford. Let's see if Fiedler finishes the season strong or not well, Griese is already a goner.

I can't believe some of the things that I've read in this thread:

- Warner is overrated? league MVP, superbowl champ, overrated? He put up numbers for a brief period that only one QB has ever exceeded. You guys are tough man. It remains to be seen if he can ever regain his MVP form, but if he can, he is a top QB.

- His wife is a pain??? so Freaking what

Our oline needs to improve but that is necessary regardless of who is at QB

He doesn't have many years left? The same thing was said about Rich Gannon for 3 - 4 years. He took the Raiders to the SB last year. You can't project more that a few years into the future any more. The clock is ticking on this team. The next 2 years are a bigger priority than the 2 after that.

2 more points:

1. I don't believe the rumor

2. I support Fiedler and think he is a decent QB, but Warner performing at his peak is better than most QBs in the league. I'm for upgrading any position.

Originally posted by Expo88
I'll settle this argument right now: both of your states suck! They're either way to hot or way too cold and there's really nothing as far as natural beauty to speak of. ;)

:lol: Yeah Lower Michigan is almost as much of a waste land as Ohio.
If you're talking the "natural beauty" that I'm thinking of then yes you have to look a little harder up here than you do down south.;)

Originally posted by Hellion

:lol: Yeah Lower Michigan is almost as much of a waste land as Ohio.
If you're talking the "natural beauty" that I'm thinking of then yes you have to look a little harder up here than you do down south.;)

Move to SoCal and you'll have all the natural (and unnatural for that matter) beauty that you can stand! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom