PFT: Fins Want Warner | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Fins Want Warner

Originally posted by ajdoggie
Where do these writers at PFT get their info. I haven't seen this story on any other site. They also say in the same article Cowher could be gone in Pittsburgh. Are they just throwing this crap out there, hoping maybe some of what they write comes true. Ala National Enquirer.

All they do is report rumors and make up dorky names that only they think are funny. They're contantly taking pot shots at national writers/reporters (especially ESPN guys).

They throw a lot of crap around. And most of it is stuff you can figure out for yourself (i.e....Pittsburgh hasn't done well the last few years since Cowher took over personel, so he's in trouble).

Just passing along what I read. :)

Originally posted by Hellion

Man get over it already, Henson, if drafted would be starting for someone right now period. Don't let your rose colored glasses obstruct your veiw.

Funny I keep hearing that but lets take a look back to the recent history shall we.

Last years SB starting QBs the very immobile Rich Gannon and the very statuesque Brad Johnson, niether can run to save their lives or their team.

Tom Brady is not considered a mobile QB and he and the Pats beat the equally immobile Kurt Warner's Rams.

Back,, BACK,,, the Ravens beat the Giants with a some what mobile QB in Dilfer and on the other side? Yup, the cement in my shoe's Kerry Collins.

No we get to the mobile QBs in the SB, Steve "AIR" Mcnair who's Titans lost to the very same pocket passing Kurt Warner.

Now I'm actually gonna agree with you and say that the mobile QB is the future, BUT so far it really hasn't shown to completely true yet...YET. ASlthough there has been Young and Montana that were mobile but lets face it they played for the same team, so that probably had more to do with ut than anything. Also Thiesman was pretty mobile too.

And no I do not want Warner in Miami, you think his wife complains now wait until he gets killed behind our Oline. :lol:

QB mobility, IMO, was and still is just a huge plus. Any team that goes with a QB just becasue he is mobile is foolish. Vick proved that as he was learning to stay in the pocket pretty well, got wiped out and there went atlanta's season. Phil escaped LY when McNabb went down and when McNair ain't on it, Tenn is quite vulnerable. I don't mean that they were drafted simply because of their mobility but merely making a point. Mobility is simply a huge plus when the pocket collapses and it's time to do the "Pink Panther" thing !! Otherwise they should do what a qB is supposed to do, stay in the pocket, run all the play actions and fakes and limit the designed runs he is to do. that increases your odds of having him play longer.

Originally posted by Jaj
Maybe trade a third rounder if we do the O-Gun trade for Dave Ragone or something as said before, but I think the QB we should get is Rod Rutherford. Let's see if Fiedler finishes the season strong or not well, Griese is already a goner.

O-gun is a FA. Can't trade him. Well, I guess they could if they re-signed him first and then at least we could have some control over what kind of pick/s we get in return.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo
I can't believe some of the things that I've read in this thread:

- Warner is overrated? league MVP, superbowl champ, overrated? He put up numbers for a brief period that only one QB has ever exceeded. You guys are tough man. It remains to be seen if he can ever regain his MVP form, but if he can, he is a top QB.

- His wife is a pain??? so Freaking what

Our oline needs to improve but that is necessary regardless of who is at QB

He doesn't have many years left? The same thing was said about Rich Gannon for 3 - 4 years. He took the Raiders to the SB last year. You can't project more that a few years into the future any more. The clock is ticking on this team. The next 2 years are a bigger priority than the 2 after that.

2 more points:

1. I don't believe the rumor

2. I support Fiedler and think he is a decent QB, but Warner performing at his peak is better than most QBs in the league. I'm for upgrading any position.

I always figuered the reason Warner did so well early on was because no one in the league even knew of him before, let alone have any tape on him, etc. Usually, it takes awhile to learn one's tendencies, moves, mechanis and such and more times than not, the D figures them out and they are exposed as such. Let him and his "beautifull" pain in the *** stay in StL. No wonder Vermeil "retired" !!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom