Philbin vs Fisher- Who Did a Better Job? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin vs Fisher- Who Did a Better Job?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Philbin has gone 7-9 and 8-8, while Fisher has gone 7-8-1 and 7-9 with his QB playing 7 games. IYO, who is doing a better job?

Slight edge to Philbin. Fisher hasn't done anything with the Rams that would give you more hope than what Philbin has done.

Slight edge to Philbin. Fisher hasn't done anything with the Rams that would give you more hope than what Philbin has done.

Tuff call, as Fisher has to deal with Seattle and SF, as well as a pretty good Zona team twice a year, and had to play Kellen Clemens as his starting QB for 9 games last year. I have to give Fisher the advantage.

I'd be interested to see you try to tease apart McCoy's influence from that of Philip Rivers, while Philbin tries to win with a QB who's never played at an above-average level in the NFL and may never.

Jeff Fisher has had a much harder division to deal with…which is ironic because one of the reasons for spurning the Fins was not having to deal with the Pats. Ooops. Looks like the NFC West is a tad bit more competitive than first though.

Here is the deal…Jeff Fisher was never coming here. The question should be Joe vs. McCoy or Zimmer or Bowles.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I'd be interested to see you try to tease apart McCoy's influence from that of Philip Rivers, while Philbin tries to win with a QB who's never played at an above-average level in the NFL and may never.

Do I have to have long algebraic equations with a lot of words in my take like derivative, correlation and subjective?

Jeff Fisher has had a much harder division to deal with…which is ironic because one of the reasons for spurning the Fins was not having to deal with the Pats. Ooops. Looks like the NFC West is a tad bit more competitive than first though.

Here is the deal…Jeff Fisher was never coming here. The question should be Joe vs. McCoy or Zimmer or Bowles.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Do I have to have long algebraic equations with a lot of words in my take like derivative, correlation and subjective?

My intent was to compare two coaching staffs who took over similar teams to see how they are doing in comparison so far.

You know what? I will take the bait. It is a stupid comparison of a veteran like Rivers vs. a young QB in his second year in Tannehill. So instead of comparing them from this year, lets compare their numbers from similar points in their respective careers?

First of all, RT beats Rivers in year two because Rivers played all of two games. Obviously, RT started 16 games.

So lets compare some easy numbers from RT's second year to Rivers 3rd year…his first full year under center…

Rivers: 284 Completions on 460 Attempts…61.7 Completion %….3,388 yards…7.37 per attempt…22 TD's…9 Int…92 QBR

Tannehill: 355 Completions on 588 Attempts…60.4 Completion %…3,913 yards…6.66 per attempt…24 TD's…17 Int…81.7

I see a lot of similarities actually. Plus, Rivers was added by the best RB of his era in Tomlinson.

How about we all agree to my take: Tannehill has surpassed many expectations, has shown progress yet still needs to get better...

Both coaches have done an outstanding job in being mediocre for 2 straight seasons

That sounds about right so far. If true, and we still don't know, they were both around the same.

My intent was to compare two coaching staffs who took over similar teams to see how they are doing in comparison so far.

Oh….can I say incomplete? I think the trades the Rams have made have given them a chance to make a jump in year three, but their division is brutal.

This is NOT yet another QB stat thread, and I'm REALLY getting sick and tired of MANY threads becoming such. This is about a coaching comparison, just in case some have problems with reading and comprehension. DAMN, this does PISS ME OFF.

This is NOT yet another QB stat thread, and I'm REALLY getting sick and tired of MANY threads becoming such. This is about a coaching comparison, just in case some have problems with reading and comprehension. DAMN, this does PISS ME OFF.

Somebody is calling out the team's QB with a godawful comparison.

Back
Top Bottom