Philbin vs Fisher- Who Did a Better Job? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin vs Fisher- Who Did a Better Job?

Fisher has done a better job w/o a doubt. Had Miami finished off this season and made the playoffs I'd give the edge to Philbin but they collapsed, SL plays in a much tougher division and he had less to work with. Fisher gets the edge

With out a doubt? Seriously?

Fisher and Philbin have done almost equal jobs, but Fisher definitely has not done a better job "without a doubt". Philbin started his career in Miami with a rookie quarterback, Fisher had a veteran quarterback. Philbin's team improved his record in his second season, Fisher's squad got worse.

I can give you maybe a toss up between the two, but Fisher hasn't done anything spectacular in St. Louis.

Fisher has the experienced veteran QB and a better OL. If in Miami with his work over the past few years being identical...he too would be on the hot seat.

he had kellen Clemens starting and before that a young Sam Bradford.

With out a doubt? Seriously?

Fisher and Philbin have done almost equal jobs, but Fisher definitely has not done a better job "without a doubt". Philbin started his career in Miami with a rookie quarterback, Fisher had a veteran quarterback. Philbin's team improved his record in his second season, Fisher's squad got worse.

I can give you maybe a toss up between the two, but Fisher hasn't done anything spectacular in St. Louis.

You want to call Bradford a vet? I guess Ryan was a vet this year, how did that work out?

Philbin's team lost their starting QB and played most of the season w/ Kellen Clemens and still ended up just half a game worse in a division w/ the SB champs, 2 NFC title game teams and a 3rd team that won double digit games while Joe couldn't beat Buffalo or NYJ w/ a chance to make the playoffs in a weaker division/conference.

St. Louis was 2-14 the year before Fisher took over(when the division wasn't strong)
Miami was 6-10

Fisher 14-17-1
Philbin 15-17

virtual identical records but Fisher took over a team that was worse, the division has been MUCH better and he lost his starting QB for more than half of year 2.

Yes w/o a doubt.

he had kellen Clemens starting and before that a young Sam Bradford.

You want to call Bradford a vet? I guess Ryan was a vet this year, how did that work out?

Philbin's team lost their starting QB and played most of the season w/ Kellen Clemens and still ended up just half a game worse in a division w/ the SB champs, 2 NFC title game teams and a 3rd team that won double digit games while Joe couldn't beat Buffalo or NYJ w/ a chance to make the playoffs in a weaker division/conference.

St. Louis was 2-14 the year before Fisher took over(when the division wasn't strong)
Miami was 6-10

Fisher 14-17-1
Philbin 15-17

virtual identical records but Fisher took over a team that was worse, the division has been MUCH better and he lost his starting QB for more than half of year 2.

Yes w/o a doubt.

How many games has Clemens started in the NFL? How long has he been in the NFL? Now for Bradford. When Fisher took over, he had Bradford who was entering his 3rd year.

Philbin came to Miami, drafted a 19 game collegiate starter.

You people trashing Philbin, are really saying Jeff Ireland drafted well and had a superior team with talent compared to STL and their GM...which is who? And that Tannehill has HIGHER expectations than a 4 year NFL starter.

How many games has Clemens started in the NFL? How long has he been in the NFL? Now for Bradford. When Fisher took over, he had Bradford who was entering his 3rd year.

Philbin came to Miami, drafted a 19 game collegiate starter.

You people trashing Philbin, are really saying Jeff Ireland drafted well and had a superior team with talent compared to STL and their GM...which is who? And that Tannehill has HIGHER expectations than a 4 year NFL starter.

Clemens is awful, he's not even a good backup(and I really like him, he's a great guy).

that 19 game collegiate starter had 3 more starts than Mark $anchez and had the luxury of his offensive staff from college running the same system(for the most part) rather than have to learn a new one like Bradford was already on his 2nd system in 3 years.

I am not trashing Philbin but Fisher has done a better job.

are you saying Philbin has done a good job through 2 seasons?

Clemens is awful, he's not even a good backup(and I really like him, he's a great guy).

that 19 game collegiate starter had 3 more starts than Mark $anchez and had the luxury of his offensive staff from college running the same system(for the most part) rather than have to learn a new one like Bradford was already on his 2nd system in 3 years.

I am not trashing Philbin but Fisher has done a better job.

are you saying Philbin has done a good job through 2 seasons?

First off...don't get me started on TAM/Sherman. I was never a fan of Sherman or his work at TAM.

As for Tannehill. I said if he was drafted, he must start game 1 day 1. I rather know what we have after year 3, than be stuck with a Sanchez type player on the payroll.

Philbin, with the cards he was dealt, has done a ok job. But year 3 is when it counts. Its when Tannehill has no more excuses and the franchise should know what they have at QB and HC at seasons end.

Unlike many here, I have tempered realistic expectations. Year one was about as expected, year two they fell short by 1 game of my low end expectations. Year 3....its all about 10-6/11-5 and getting into the playoffs.

First off...don't get me started on TAM/Sherman. I was never a fan of Sherman or his work at TAM.

As for Tannehill. I said if he was drafted, he must start game 1 day 1. I rather know what we have after year 3, than be stuck with a buttfumble type player on the payroll.

Philbin, with the cards he was dealt, has done a ok job. But year 3 is when it counts. Its when Tannehill has no more excuses and the franchise should know what they have at QB and HC at seasons end.

Unlike many here, I have tempered realistic expectations. Year one was about as expected, year two they fell short by 1 game of my low end expectations. Year 3....its all about 10-6/11-5 and getting into the playoffs.

you'd kill to have the success Mark had from your QB.

Philbin has been mediocre, I wouldn't say bad but I wouldn't say good either. had chances both years in a not too string AFC field to get his team to playoffs, failed both times.

I was impressed the way he held the team together w/t he controversy but losing those last 2 kind of throws that out the window.

you'd kill to have the success Mark had from your QB.

Philbin has been mediocre, I wouldn't say bad but I wouldn't say good either. had chances both years in a not too string AFC field to get his team to playoffs, failed both times.

I was impressed the way he held the team together w/t he controversy but losing those last 2 kind of throws that out the window.

Mark had success because of the the Woody's and Faneca's that dominated upfront. Once that line retired and went away, Sanchez and his numbers were Tim Couch like.

Mark had success because of the the Woody's and Faneca's that dominated upfront. Once that line retired and went away, Sanchez and his numbers were Tim Couch like.

made a title game w/o Woody and Faneca.

Back
Top Bottom