Phillip Rivers' Bowl Game at 5:30 on ESPN | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers' Bowl Game at 5:30 on ESPN

the good thing is it sounds like there are at least 4 good QB prospects in the draft. we need a qb and we should get one.

Boomer,

Chambers looks smaller than 5"11? He looks 6'1 and plays even bigger.

As far as Lee Evans...he IS 5'11, looks taller, (both he and Chambers have long legs...which makes them look taller), and plays bigger.

He has outstanding hands, a great vertical leap, blazing speed, and has flourished despite being bracketed all year by opposing defenses.

Not to mention that the quality of Wisconsin's QB play has hovered somewhere near god-awful all year.

Chambers and Evans as a 1-2 combination would be excellent.

L-Double - I was replying to Chambers,a Fin Heaven poster, not talking about Chris Chambers.

As for Lee Evans, unless you ARE him, you can't state that he 'IS' any height or weight. I know all about his great skills and agree that the two Badgers would work very well together, but lets refrain from any height/weight finalities till after the Senior Bowl weigh ins.

I was using Chambers as a point of reference. He looks 6'1 on the field, but is only 5'11. He plays bigger than 6'1, though

boomer, funny you word it that way.

I AM 'Lee Evans'...however, I'm the 5'10-1/2" variety :).

Look at Evans next to some other players...I can't see how you'd think he was shorter. Regardless, he plays much bigger, and short of trading up and getting Rothlesberger, he'd be top choice for our slot.

Originally posted by nyfinzfan
Kneeling at midfield and throwing it through the goal posts is a strong arm for a NFL QB.

while that is a good test of strength, when does it apply to a game? i dont care if the guy can throw it out of the stadium (see ryan leaf) Accuracy is the best thing a qb can have nowadays and this kid has it

Whle accuracy is very important as well, the number one requirement for a NFL QB is enough arm strength to make the throws to the sidelines and middle of the field. I'm questioning this guy in that area. Steve Walsh was extremely accurate and so was Toretta and Weurfull (sp?) the reason they didn't succeed? Not enough arm for the NFL.

Yes, that is a good test because it shows he could make all the throws if need be.

You know that has always been the question.

My answer as the lowest arm strength a player should have is Tom Brady's and Chad Pennington's arm. Any weaker, forget you, unless you are Garcia in the West Coast offense.

I agree Jaj.

If Rivers could improve his arm strength through the coaching of a NFL QB coach, than fine, see what he's got.

I believe their is a whole slew of things that make for a good NFL QB. Accuracy, arm strength, vision, toughness, leadership, pocket presence, and the ability to make everyone else better.

Rivers does alot of the same things other great college QB's did. They lacked the overall physical skills to excel. I personally feel Rivers falls somewhere in the middle of this group.

What is it you want from a QB? I say anyone drafted in the first needs to have the talent to become a Pro Bowl player. Do you think rivers has that talent? I don't.

CB's will be on the ball two steps faster. Jump six inches higher.

DL will be there three steps faster and be stronger and smarter.

LB's will cover a lot more ground, jump higher, and read his keys alot faster.

Everyone has to remember he's played against twenty guys maybe this year who will starter at the NFL level. This allows him to make alot of throws he wouldn't in the NFL. Where it was completed by a small margin in college it will now be batted down or intercepted.

Manning and Ben have the skill to overcome this, does Rivers?

Originally posted by BruceDickinson
With someone like Rivers, changing his mechanics would be foolish. They have been like that since highschool, but NOrm Chow did not want to change them because guess what, it worked for Rivers.

Someone on here just mentioned Favre has bad mechanics and its true. He throws all kinds of crazy crap, but guess what he is a leader. ANd I would say RIvers while not Mobile like McNabb is mobile like Favre. Enough to stay out of trouble.

Its amusing to see people jump on this mobility bandwagon, but the least sacked QBs in NFL history are pocket passers. Marino being first and Peyton Manning being second in terms of snaps/per sack. YOu dont need to scramble, just need pocket Presence and a QUICK RELEASE.

Also on here someone mentioned his opponent tonight in the game. Yeah Kansas is not great by any means but did any of you watch RIvers against OHIO STATE or FLORIDA STATE. He single handedly kept his team in both of those games, but NC states Defense let him down.

IMO He will be a great QB. FRom what I have seen and from his maturity. I dont know for sure, but I have had my doubts on some people like AKili SMith in the past and I still doubt Carson Palmer, although he has yet to play. I just have a feeling on Rivers.

Roethlisberg looks pretty damn good watching his bowl game, but what competition is he going against. :o He lost his only real challenge against IOWA. Im jk, that just sounds like an argument you guys would make. NEways, the bottom line is Rivers is a first rounder and I hope Eli and Roethlisberg are taken ahead of RIvers, hell I hope all QBs are taken ahead of him and that he falls to us. Marino did, at 27 back in the day. :D

Nice avatar! But perhaps it should read.."I got a fever and the only cure is MORE COWBELL.":lol:

Please someone explain to me the humor behind that skit.

Perhaps I'll never see the Bruce Dickinson skit in the same light as it appears every other human on this planet.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Please someone explain to me the humor behind that skit.

Perhaps I'll never see the Bruce Dickinson skit in the same light as it appears every other human on this planet.

Its only one of the greatest skits in SNL history imo.

I hear that all the time, I thought it was quite dumb really.

I hear that all the time, I thought it was quite dumb really.

Well you either get it or you don't.
The Cornial Angus skit was pretty good too even when he changed his name to Anal Angus and could be reached at the rear entrance of The Shady Thickett. Did you see that, and if so did you find it funny?

A strong NFL arm? 75 yards.

That's about 10-15 yards farther than Dan Marino could throw it. It's not about how far you throw it. It's about how you get it there.

But I agree with you on zip. That is very important. The ball can't take all afternoon to get there.

Back
Top Bottom