Phillip Rivers' Bowl Game at 5:30 on ESPN | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers' Bowl Game at 5:30 on ESPN

Much of an arm. Even if you do not want to change his release. He has other problems such as his stance and where he holds the ball. He will take years to change until he is ready. Let's say we do that. Wouldn't it have been simply better to just have gotten J.P. Losman who has more mobility, just as much moxy, and a better arm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay has bigger ears....maybe

I admittingly, haven't seen enough of this guy to make a fair assesment but what I have seen tonight, he seems to me like a guy who would definately need to sit a season or two before being able to take over. Do we have that much time? If so, who do we have to play QB in the meantime? Just some questions that could be posed if in fact, we did draft this kid.

How do we not have that time man? In about 2-3 years our defense will have fallen apart, we can't afford to keep them intact. That means we'll have to look to our young offense in Ricky, McMichaels, and Chambers to build our team around. If we're going to be ready for that day, we need to draft a QB now.

The only option I see besides drafting and sitting for at least a season, is the possibly that manning MIGHT be ready to go-mid season. That's why I'm so high on him, but it'd take a lot to get up to him. Worth it? Quite possibly it would be. But itd take a lot to get there, and if we trade those picks, I doubt we could get our O-line patched up.

I have seen a lot of Manning and Roethlisberger. Gray, at this point i would rather have Roethlisberger. How can you go wrong with such an accurate guy that has amazing arm strength and great mobility with a quick release and Mechanics like he has. You can't. He lead a Miami(oh) team to a 1 loss season with almost no weapons around him and an average win margin of 25 pts!!!!

I prefer Roethlisberger over everyone in this draft, but i do not believe Phillip Rivers would be a bad pick at all.

If Miami would get Norm Chow to be this team's O-Coordinator then I would believe in Phillip Rivers. If he steps into his passes he might have the required arm. Needs to hold the ball higher and fix his footwork but yes he does have accuracy.

Losman is from Tulane.

Hell we got all the time in the world we haven't won a SB in over 30 yrs!! We took achance on Dan in college and look what happened!!I'm not saying he is dan or gonna be dan! Look at Leaf not just SD thought he was as good as Payton(NOT ME WHO WOULD ADMIT TO THAT NOW) The draft is hit or miss just as players are! I just happen to think RIVERS is a HIT!!

mechanics can be easily fixed...

he looks like peyton manning with all those checks at the start of the play.

If you have Norm Chow as your QB coach hell yes.

OK, anyone see that? Right on the money. Great play action and boom right in the recievers hands. Beautiful pass, 15 straight passes completed. 27-30 for the game. Also, four TD passes and one for a run.

Good accuracy, great release. Funky mechanics, and sub-par footwoork. I think his negatives can be easily coached out. David Carr did the same thing after leaving Fresno St. for the pros.

I was just about to say... He looks like David Carr last year. Strong arm, nice spiral, but side-arm delivery.

Those things can be polished up by coaching.

I would love to have Phillip. He has tremedous vision.

If we get 1st and 3rd for Wale (and that's a big if), we could do this

1st first round pick....Veron Carey OG UM
2nd first round pick....Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
trade the 2 3rd rounders for 2nd rounder...Phillip Rivers QB NCST

That would be ideal.

Shoot that number 91 Lawson might be worth a look too eh? Anyone got any numbers and stats on this guy? Looks like a DE.

I have been very less than impressed with his arm strength. Balls are floating alot out there and quite wobbly as well.

That said, he's done everything else very impressively tonight. I'd say he has solidified his poisition where everyone thought he'd go, around the mid-second area.

5 Touchdown passes now. Close to 400 yards. He has tied the Bowl Record for touchdown passes thrown. Accurate as all heck on the last three TD passes. He is impressing me more than he is disgusting me. That is for sure.

Back
Top Bottom