Phillip Rivers' Bowl Game at 5:30 on ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers' Bowl Game at 5:30 on ESPN

Because Manning is one of the most prolific passers to ever come from college football period. He is ready to start, it is questionable if Rivers is not.

Originally posted by outtawack311
How can you say that Rivers is a big dropoff.

I am talking about from where they are selected. When talking about Manning and Roethlisberger, you're talking about both in the top 10, maybe even top 5(well, of course Manning will be in the top 5).

Rivers right now is the 4th ranked QB on most lists. He isn't going top 10, probably not top 15, take that to the bank and gimme the deposit.

Rivers might not even go in R1, so hold your horses. Remember who he's playing against, watch him not step into his throws, etc. He's the 4th rated passer at the moment. We will know much more about where he will end up after the Senior Bowl. Og equal importance, watch his G Sean Locklear, who's a well thought of Snr G.

Bobby Bowden says that Rivers is the best QB he's ever played against period???......I think I heard that right, can anyone confirm???

That is not a good arm. No way. Everything else seems good, but nope that is not arm strength. That is the arm that Josh Heupel had.

Boomer, you have him AFTER Losman right?

Anyway, I hope you guys are watching Jerrico Cotchery too. If we don't select a WR in the 1st, Cotchery would be an ideal 3rd round choice. He has the talent to be Chambers' complement for a long time.

If you think Rivers is better than Manning and Roethlisberger, oh boy...

He just said it. That's Danny Weurfel.

The thing is that Manning and Roethlisberger will be very high draft picks, and we won't be able to get either unless Ogunleye signs with a team with a good first round pick and then we trade up, and I doubt many teams will want to trade down when they pick that high.

Rivers is a guy who we could draft because he will be around when we pick. We might even be able to trade down and still get him, it depends on how he does at workouts, etc.

I have Roethlisberger and Manning 1 and 1A and Losman at 3. If Andrew Walter declares he'd be 4 with Rivers 5. Rivers is a STUNNINGLY good college QB. He's a winner, he's lights out good at the college level. I just question his lack of a big time arm and his lack of mechanics - he doesn't follow through or step into his throws. He has the great release and the great %, but I'm not sure that greatness in college translates into greatness in the pros. Look at guys like Major Harris, Steve Taylor, Tommie Frazier, Charlie Ward, Eric Crouch, etc. MONUMENTAL college passers, but not NFL passers. (I know that Ward went to the NBA).

For God sake they just said that his own coach said he is Danny Weurfell.

Back
Top Bottom