Phillip Rivers' Bowl Game at 5:30 on ESPN | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers' Bowl Game at 5:30 on ESPN

Originally posted by Jaj
Bias against him? Why would I be. I am flat out telling you that his arm strength is not enough. That was a lob over hit the receiver in stride fine. But can he do it when a Pro Bowl DE is coming at him and Ty Law is covering Chambers? Ty Law would pick it off.

Roethlisberger was far more impressive in his bowl game and he does not have a Jerrico Cotchery on his team.

The only thing I wonder is if his release was changed and he stepped into his passes he might have the arm.

why change his release? it's very quick. he just needs to step into them more.

how can you saw BR was better in his bowl game when PR is 18/21 240+ yards 2 TD? it's not like BR played any better of a quality opp. and BR plays in the bad MAC confrence.

look at Rivers in the game... he controls it like Manning.

p.s. if Montana didn't have rice he'd suck by that logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not to argue with anyone but I think he can throw a decent spiral. In fact, as I type this, he fired one in between two defenders and right into his reciever. Also, he checks off the multiple defensive looks being thrown at him, picked up a bad snap and just threw his third touchdown of the game. He might not be the best ever but he sure looks good. Quick, quick release. 21-24 for three td's in the first half.

Change his release because it detracts from his arm. Step into it hell yes he needs to. This is Dorsey's arm and Dorsey does not have much of a NFL future.

But he cannot go to a snowstorm in N.E. and lead a team back with that arm.

It seems to me that many people belive that the meaning of a horrible fan and evaluator is a guy who does not think someone has a strong enough arm.

hes making a believer out of me geez hes got a quick release and is dead nuts accurate im thinking kosar in his heyday sound about right?

Okay I am not biased against anyone....but this is what I see:

He has a REALLY quick release....Marino quick.

He has horrible footwork and never sets or re-sets to deliver the football.

He "drops" the ball below his chest, does not protect it well.

Is he ansy or is he afraid? He NEVER steps up into the pocket.

He gets his WR's hit because he is late on routes.

He doesn't anticipate routes or he WAITS for people to be WIDE OPEN.

His arm is average at best.

He is Gino Toretta.

Jaj, you are entitled to your opinion but you cannot say that he can't lead anyone anywhere in the pros until he actually goes out and proves it. To me, someone who doesn't watch too much college football. I look at this guy and see a talanted guy who has some bad habits as well. He seems like a gamble for the first round but one that could payoff with the right tutelage. His release is real quick. Also, Marino didn't always have the best mechanics either and he seemed to be ok in the pros.

Originally posted by Boomer
I think he'd be atremendous pick for us, I just have a few concerns about the height thing.
I agree with that, I really like Evans. IMO, he is 5'11, which is what he is listed at. Why do you think he's 5'9? Just curious.

It takes alot more than just his release to succeed and his receivers do get hit a bit too much. Marino's mechanics were better than this, they were off but they were better than this. Marino had a far better arm than this. This is Gino Terreta as the previous poster observed.

Jai I don't want to start **** with you,but you've not watched enongh Rivers! His arm is just fine and his leadership is unquestioned!! With that said the NFL is a different story for any QB even ELI,Big Ben and JP! Again not trying to piss you off! I've watched him all 4yrs and he has took over sense day one!!! Also a class Act!

Wasn't Woeful? Wasn't Heupel. No his arm is not just fine. And no he is not Dan Marino as some have said he is. Dan had an arm. But fine whatever.

Next thing what does Phillip Rivers have over Fiedler then?

I don't know maybe if he stepped into his throws his arm would be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jaj
Wasn't Woeful? Wasn't Heupel. No his arm is not just fine. And no he is not Dan Marino as some have said he is. Dan had an arm. But fine whatever.

Next thing what does Phillip Rivers have over Fiedler then?

Much Much Better accuracy, better arm strength, he can move around just as well as Jay can. A release so much faster that its rediculous. Thats enough for me. The question is, what does Jay have over PR. I dont really see anything as of now.

Lovely statement. Prolific college passer does not mean great NFL QB.

Manning is going to be a great one, because he has just enough of an arm. Rivers has everything except the arm. And yes the teams that are in the playoffs right now have good arm QBs. Brady's is stronger than this. I know from watching many many many Michigan games.

This guy is a mechanical mess..........

Dude, watch Big Ben and Eli.....Hell watch the second half of the Fla./Mia. game with Brock Berlin........That's QB'ing.

Back
Top Bottom