Phillip Rivers NC State | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers NC State

KenCalo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Have you ever got a feeling? -No perv!

I'm talking about watching a College player perform and thinking, He's gonna be a NFL star.

I got a chance to watch the Florida State game this weekend, and I was real impressed with QB Rivers.
1. Pretty Strong Arm
2. Accurate Passer
3. Big, yet Mobile
4. Can Read Defenses
5. Handles Blitzes
6. A Leader!

I don't know if he'll be up for the draft next year, but I think since he's not playing on an "elite" team he may be passed by alittle.

I'm not gonna compare him to Marino but teams looked over him (Pitt also not an elite team), which fortunately let Miami to draft him.

I know there's a difference from College to Pro, but I think this kid has what the Dolphins need. If Miami has a chance to draft this kid they better, cause he gonna be an NFL Star QB.

MARK MY WORDS!

By The Way - Yes we (Miami Defense) beat the Ravens * Hell Yes!
But the Offense is Pathetic! - & Special Teams is not far behind.

I say deff. pick this kid up. He has an awkward way of throwing the ball, somewhat like another GREAT NFL QB had. He needs some work on his footwork and things of that nature but to me, he is deff a guy I want on my team... and of course, Eli Manning, BJ Symons......
by the way that other great nfl qb was none other than #13 Dan the Man!!!!!

BJ Symons is not an NFL QB, he puts up the numbers in the system the same way Andre Ware and David Klingler used to at Houston. He is not the answer for this team even if he did have a future. you know long it will take him to learn to run a pro offense and drop back effectively?

Rivers has no arm, not pretty good. He may be able to overcome this due to his great heart and toughness, but it will be hard. The level of talent will change immensely once he gets to the NFL. The lineman will be knocing those weird passes down in a heartbeat. The coaches would have to completely break his motion down and redo it.

I like everything about him but his throwing and release so we'll see.

Sure looked like he had a decent arm Saturday night. He wasn't throwing softballs out there.

Originally posted by RikWriter
He'll be gone long before we pick, unfortunately.

I need to dig it up, but I don't think he was a top 10 QB. At the most he was listed as a 7 (so far anyway, we know things can change). If he went as the 7th QB in the draft I think we'd have a good chance of getting him.

Originally posted by Graythreat

I need to dig it up, but I don't think he was a top 10 QB. At the most he was listed as a 7 (so far anyway, we know things can change). If he went as the 7th QB in the draft I think we'd have a good chance of getting him.

Those rankings are worthless at this point. They always change after the pre-draft combines. Now, he MAY be hurt by the combines, but if he's as good as I think he is, he will wind up going somewhere in the top 10 of the first round.

How long has our Backup (QB in training) been so bad?

Is this a GM, HC, FO problem?
Not one Drafted QB (Since Marino) has ever been a worthly NFL QB. ex. Huard, Mitchele

Did the Miami FO all of a sudden become poor QB scouts, or were they hoping Marino was going to play into his 50s.

Why wasn't there a plan for the future QB.

Originally posted by KenCalo
How long has our Backup (QB in training) been so bad?

Is this a GM, HC, FO problem?
Not one Drafted QB (Since Marino) has ever been a worthly NFL QB. ex. Huard, Mitchele

Did the Miami FO all of a sudden become poor QB scouts, or were they hoping Marino was going to play into his 50s.

Why wasn't there a plan for the future QB.

Because 1)Shula was a very poor drafter in his later years, 2)JJ and Wanny were poor drafters of offensive talent.

The FSU/NCSU game is about to start (replayed) on Sunshine right now. So you can get another look at Rivers. :)

I watched the game the other night and said then that the kid would look good in a phins uniform.
I wonder if the FO has the intestinal fortitude to make a move like that though.

So our Future QB situation looks bad.

1. Continue signing older (former team can do without) Average QBs, hoping for the next "Farve" *Remember how bad he was in Tampa!

2. Draft a "POSIBILITY" and work him into a starter in 2 years and hope we hit pay dirt.

3. Sign a proven Big Name FA QuarterBack for lots of money. Do you remember Grbac & the Ravens?

So I think we'll have to take our chances with #2. If we can catch a break and draft a sleeper, or trade up for better pick. We are looking at 2 years (1 if we really get lucky) to get our OL ready and another WR.

Originally posted by KenCalo
So our Future QB situation looks bad.

1. Continue signing older (former team can do without) Average QBs, hoping for the next "Farve" *Remember how bad he was in Tampa!

ITYM Atlanta.

Originally posted by Graythreat

He's rated between 2rd and 4th among seniors. Manning is a consensus #1, then either Rivers, Pickett (I dunno why) and Losman are 2-4. He'd drop down to #3 if Rothlesiberger comes out, and might drop if Greene comes out, but he should be a mid to late 1st rounder depending on how he does at the combine.

That was one year in Atlanta. Rivers could go into the late first round if he has a great combine, but top 10 you are idding me. So you are saying he could go over Eli Manning, Big Ben, and Losman? I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom