Phillip Rivers NC State | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers NC State

Rivers has accuracy and leadership. Ken Dorsey did too.

You want the real deal? J.P. Losman late 1st rounder that can, has a great arm, and has a confident often mistaken for ****y personality. Needs a good year on the bench.

Originally posted by KenCalo

But that's my point, I don't care if your a 15 yr old kid or a 50 yr old former NFL Scout. I will listen to your opinion. Even if your reasoning is the way a player wares an article of clothing.

But if you try to back your opinion with a comment like yours I will contradict. What could you have learned from a brief session in scouting which is a 50/50 profession? And even if you spent 30 years in the field, would that really make your pick a lock for success. No of course not. You can do all the research on a player, time his release, running speed, throwing distance, & etc. Nothing except playing in the NFL will prove success or failure.

Once again, how many flops were picked in the first two rounds and how many gifted players were picked in later rounds? No your experience (& I happy for ya) does not lend some credence to me about your opinion. Just YOUR OPINION whether it’s by the stats or a gut feeling is fine with me.

I'm sorry but I thought the debate I got involved in was whether Rivers would be a high pick or not. I don't think he'll be a star, you do that's fine. That doesn't mean he'll be picked high as you seem to think.

The fact of the matter remains you tried to call me out as if I were trying to impress someone when I was merely trying to justify why i thought a certain way. That to me is called credibility. If you don't think it matters in a discussion that's once again your way of thinking.

Originally posted by Jaj
Rivers has accuracy and leadership. Ken Dorsey did too.

You want the real deal? J.P. Losman late 1st rounder that can, has a great arm, and has a confident often mistaken for ****y personality. Needs a good year on the bench.

Tulane is one of my favorite college football teams. Losman gets happy feet & rushes his decision. He's not very accurate either & he has two decent receivers to get the ball to (RB Moore & WR Williams). He's very athletic & you're right, he would have to sit & watch a year or two. I think I'd still like a LT over a QB unless Manning, Roethlisberger, or Walter were available.

Back
Top Bottom