**Phins/Chiefs post-game | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Phins/Chiefs post-game

What I want is a coach that shows some urgency in getting his offense lined up and running plays when he’s down three TDs in the second half. Maybe some no huddle.

What I don’t want is to watch the play clock running down to zero between plays when we’re down by two or three TDs.
I think I agree here but I’m not sure about going no huddle

It was a one score game with 12 mins to go but I feel like we should go no huddle at different parts of the game just because we should

That fumble by Tyreek was not his fault. He never had control of the ball! Before he could bring it up it was pulled out. Go back and look at it.

That's that, as for Tua, they have too much of a lacksy daisy attitude when bad things happen. You need to be MAD at those silly mistakes

It was a screen call on a play were you needed just any type of gain to help with points. Even if the fumble doesn't occur the play was going to lose yards.

They knew it was coming, I was screaming "please don't throw it to Hill" before the snap. I knew it was coming.
Hill makes the first guy miss more times than not and that play gets a decent chunk. They just happen to make a good defensive play. That was an incomplete pass anyway, in my opinion.

It was a screen call on a play were you needed just any type of gain to help with points. Even if the fumble doesn't occur the play was going to lose yards.

They knew it was coming, I was screaming "please don't throw it to Hill" before the snap. I knew it was coming.
The thing I don’t like about it is that you are giving the defense what it wants - Tyreek (or any other receiver) in front of them. Their fear is Hill or Waddle getting behind them. You play into their hands.

I'm spoiled ...or was rather....9 times out of ten Marino rises up and wins this game with the defense playing like it did....but that was an eternity ago....here and now we need to regroup from this wackadoodle Germany game and come back after the bye ready to compete for and in the plaplayoffs
Come back and then get hit with Hard Knocks, the final distraction nail in the coffin, to this once promising season.

I hope they enjoyed their European vacation though. My primary concern was that the organization enjoy themselves and bond.

That’s only going to come with Experience.

This entire team including the HC is pretty young and green when it comes to this stage.

We don’t like it and want them to be great immediately.

But rarely does it happen like that.

It takes time and taking these lumps and getting better as an entire team.
Incorrect. You only get a few of these types of chances, if your lucky.

You have to want it more.

Loser mentality.

I think I agree here but I’m not sure about going no huddle

It was a one score game with 12 mins to go but I feel like we should go no huddle at different parts of the game just because we should
Just think back to the Flores days. Tua used to excel when we were forced to go no-huddle. And late in todays game, the Chiefs D had been on the field for a while. Pressure them. Instead, we let them take 35-second breathers after each play.

Just think back to the Flores days. Tua used to excel when we were forced to go no-huddle. And late in todays game, the Chiefs D had been on the field for a while. Pressure them. Instead, we let them take 35-second breathers after each play.
yeah I do think we should of pressed the no huddle

We never do it though unless we absolutely have to

Other teams have done it to us with great success all during the game

This box score just makes it hurt even worse. The game was lost due to situational play calling, 2 minute execution, and mental errors. That ten point swing really hurt.

Attachments

• BFA72A2B-B4F5-4048-8704-A174CE4DB4A8.png
    BFA72A2B-B4F5-4048-8704-A174CE4DB4A8.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 7
Also, if the problem with no huddle is the complexity of our offense and motions, then we should have a scaled-back version that we can line up and run.

Regardless you need to put blame here were it belongs, McDaniel doesn't get a pass on this play call, terrible terrible play call in that situation.

The O made adjustments in the 2nd which was a positive but damn the first half was brutal.
But you put proportionate blame on the call. McDaniel's play call didn't make the whistle not blow or call the pass incomplete. If the pass had been ruled incomplete or complete with forward progress stopped, I seriously doubt we are looking at a 21-0 halftime deficit.

yeah I do think we should of pressed the no huddle

We never do it though unless we absolutely have to

Other teams have done it to us with great success all during the game
Absolutely correct on other teams using it against us with success.

I’m still so baffled with the 12-play, 8 minute drive. We were in a situation where an extra possession could have been massive in the game. And we ran a drive with zero urgency, running down the play clock on every snap.

Best loss of the season so far (Doesn't say much but it was).

We had our chances, they just didn't take. A caught pass here or a broken hand tackle there and points were to be had.

Pleasently surprised our defense held the Chiefs offense to 14 points.

Losing sucks but the Dolphins were not overmatched in this game. Missed chances were the difference. Losing Robert Jones is probably the worse thing from the game.

I can see a rematch in the playoffs. Should be fun.

PS- Mahommes while a great QB, whines a lot.

the lack of urgency is another gase similarity. no one wants to hear it but he did the same **** - he thought he was always a step ahead.

Back
Top Bottom