Phins interested in Welbourn ? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins interested in Welbourn ?

Danny said:
I think I'd take the trade as we'd still be able to take a DT or WR with the 1st round pick and still come up with a new starting guard but we only have 1 more day to make this happen.

Ozzy rules!!

we get welbourne, i predict we get Darnell Dockett as our new DT.

finfan54 said:
we get welbourne, i predict we get Darnell Dockett as our new DT.

That's a good point. I could see that working out. Though Dockett may be a bit smaller than Wanny likes his DTs.

Welbourne next to Andrews would give us a quality OL

Merman said:
That reputation just took a big hit this off-season as they gave Kearse a $66 million 8 year contract with $18 million up front this year.

Not sure if they overpaid T.O. but he didn't come cheap at $42 million for 7 years including about $10 million in bonuses.

The Eagles were always willing to pay top dollar for their top players. They won't over pay for average players.
As far as trading history between Philly, and Miami, there isn't much. Most of that was free agent signing's. However, Eagles management has ties with Miami. They hired the son of Tom Heckert. I don't know what title Tom holds within the dolphin organization, but junior is Vice President of Player Personnel for the Eagles.

Tom Heckert Jr. Vice President of Player Personnel. There's your Eagle, dolphin connection.

DolPhadelphia said:
The Eagles were always willing to pay top dollar for their top players. They won't over pay for average players.
As far as trading history between Philly, and Miami, there isn't much. Most of that was free agent signing's. However, Eagles management has ties with Miami. They hired the son of Tom Heckert. I don't know what title Tom holds within the dolphin organization, but junior is Vice President of Player Personnel for the Eagles.

Tom Heckert Jr. Vice President of Player Personnel. There's your Eagle, dolphin connection.

AHHHhhhhh.... you're right. Jr. was with the Phins for several years as well as, I believe, one of the regional scouting chiefs.

Well Merman , we will have to wait and see if they in fact "over paid". If the Eagles win the SB this year, I don,t think their fans would think so. Welbourn wants a 10 mill bonus plus contract.
I also see it didn,t take long for the bad mouth plan to go into effect.
the question for us is "is Welbourn worth it " I will leave that up to RS.

Hank just said we are one of 22 teams for Welbourn and he would be hard to fit under the cap.

Back
Top Bottom