Phins interested in Welbourn ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins interested in Welbourn ?

DeDolfan said:
Really?? Ogun is a RFA and Welbourne still has, what, 5 yrs left on his contract??

I was referring to the fact that both have played well for their teams and want/deserve more money.

Oboy said:
Wow... good point. I had not thought of it that way, but you are right on. That is assuming he really is that talented of a player.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't watch that many Philly games ans thus have not seen Welbourn play. It sounds like most people are saying he is good bc he played on a team that has a good line. Well, if that is the case he could just be the weak link on that line. Considering I have never really heard of him I dont' understand how people say he is better than woody and deserves that kind of $$.

Has anyone watched much of him? maybe one of our philly fans that are members here?

I do like this trade IF he is really talented. Otherwise, I'll lean towards CK.... T is a more important position than G. You can NOT pass at all with crappy T's. And we all saw what happens (last year) when you try to run and run and run...

Well, for whatever it's worth, I live right in Iggle country, and I don't recall the name "Welbourne" mentioned in the local papers much at all. When I first heard the buzz, I had to go to nfl.com to look at his profile to see where he played. Not that I don't think he'd be a good player in this particular type of deal, but it's just that he's not a particular "great" player in the eyes of the locals here anyway.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I was referring to the fact that both have played well for their teams and want/deserve more money.

That's all fine and dandy, Mike, and I see what you're saying. Apparebtly, this guy signed his deal not very long ago, since he still has 5 yrs left, and I can't help but wonder why? I can somewhat understand it if there was only a year left, MAYBE, but I am of the opinion that a deal is a deal. The contract was good enough when he signed it [for it's entireity] so he should honor it and play it out.

DeDolfan said:
That's all fine and dandy, Mike, and I see what you're saying. Apparebtly, this guy signed his deal not very long ago, since he still has 5 yrs left, and I can't help but wonder why? I can somewhat understand it if there was only a year left, MAYBE, but I am of the opinion that a deal is a deal. The contract was good enough when he signed it [for it's entireity] so he should honor it and play it out.

I agree. Reminds me of the scene in Mr. Deeds where the star QB punk comes in demanding a raise or to be traded, Deeds tells him "can we cut your play if you play bad".....LOL
He got some security on his contract, but it was a low paying contract that he is going to be screwed on. He could easily double his money on the market.

ckparrothead said:
I hate posts like this, no offense. Let the dude dream. Its not necessary. I mean you have no absolute knowledge of the matter that qualifies you to say something definitely will not happen, so just let it be or say you don't think its very likely or whatever but don't be like "for the last time" because it sounds like you're the complete authority on the matter, and you're not. I don't care what anyone read. Reminds me of when all these people came up trying to quash the whole "trade ogunleye" thing saying stuff like "for the last time, ogunleye can NOT be traded!"

There goes CK trying to sound like an expert again. :shakeno:

It wasn't that serious, & it didn't need a 24 chapter book.

if you guys remember, my mock a did a few days ago was all prediated on this trade... perhaps a stroke of genius and a little luck, and Spielman will pull this off!!! :roflmao:

Welbourn is a solid starter who is good at run and pass blocking. The scoop up here is that the Eagles are looking to trade him in return to move up in the draft. The Eagles recently signed backup Artis Hicks to a long term contract and want to get him to become a starter. His position was backup LT and LG. They feel that they can line Hicks up at LG which makes Welbourn expendable. I have heard rumors involving the Fins, 49ers, and Bears so far about trading up.

infiltrateib said:
No offense man, but Keyshawn would "NOT" play for Bill Parcells again, there was "no way" the Saints were getting Ricky Williams, the Saints would "NEVER" draft a RB when they already had Ricky, the Ricky deal was "impossible due to salary cap restrictions," Rick Spielman "had not talked" to SD about Boston.

Good for those situations, I honestly could care less.

infiltrateib said:
Trade OGun to Chicago for #14 and their fourth rounder.

Chicago, Minnesota, & Seattle seemed to be the teams who were very interested in Ogunleye before free agency. Many people view Ogunleye as a better player than Wistrom, but Wistrom didn't come with a high price tag salary wise and a 1st/3rd. Minnesota already stated that they wouldn't trade #19 for a player, & they've been quiet for a while now.

As for Chicago, you guys put too much into agent hype. Rosenhaus is not only a great agent, but he's also great at heating things up with his clients. Chicago putting together a package for Ogunleye? Guess what...even DREW said that the package wouldn't include #14, unless it meant Miami & Chicago swapping 1sts.

The fact that an agent like Rosenhaus(King of whoring for his clients) would go on to say something like this, tells me that Chicago is not willing to give #14 up overall for Ogunleye alone. If you had said something like SWAPPING picks & taking a 2nd or so, then I wouldn't of made that comment.

As far as your initial "scenario" is concerned, it is a reach.

I like the deal. Even if Andrews was still there at #20 (which odds are he won't) we get another young, proven, quality G (like James) with no health issues that can step right in.

I agree with earlier posters in that Welbourn will most likely settle for a less-than Woody deal.

Also with the #28 pick, we're still high enough to get a quality receiver or taking a chance on a player that maybe we wouldn't at #20.

Plus, I would say the the less you hear of any O-linmen the better he is! After all most of the time you hear an O-linemen,s names in a game its because he had a bad play.

It is better to go with a proven young player if it affords us the luxury to adrees the best player on the board. I would love to get this guy and then pick up depth at anothe position.Dolfanreal69

Welbourn is an interesting prospect.

clear.gif

That would be cool, make the trade and then switch the 14th for the 28th and then trade the 14th for a 1st and 2nd. So much trading, so little time

I guess the question is if this guy was a F.A. would he be high on the Phins list. I would say he would be. What would you be willing to pay for him ? Would a 10 mill bonus be too much? I think we need more info on this guy!

Back
Top Bottom