Phins interested in Welbourn ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins interested in Welbourn ?

WIP 610 am in pa. is still talking about Welbourn being on the table on draft day. Miami is one of the teams in the mix (so they say)

I would honestly expect Miami to be in the mix. There's a definite strong possibility if certain players are no longer on the board.

I would also say ckparrothead that it seems that some teams just have a thing for making trades with each other. The Eagles and the Phins have made some deals before and have signed each others players.

Aside from Feeley, what players have the Phins and Iggles made deals over? I know we've signed each others' players quite a bit, but I can't really remember any deals we've made [Heller? or was he a free agent?].

Agua , I think it was a draft day trade one time. I,m checking into it now.

Agua , so far I found a 1998 trade with the Eagles for a 4th round pick. I think there are others .

Well, a history of dealing with the same management is always a help, just like any business dealings.

Didn't we make a deal with the Eagles to get the pick that landed Greenwood?

Would it be worth "renting" Welbourne for a year and then seeing what we have with him next offseason? Of ocurse, my guess is that the only way Welbourne gets dealt is with a brand new contract, so my idea probobly is an impossibility, but I would consider the rent-a-player option if he is deemed good enough.

ckparrothead said:
I can only think of 2 players that for sure had bipolar, which makes Ricky's social anxiety seem like a personality quirk. Alonzo Spellman and Dimitrius Underwood. Underwood we're WELL aware of. Spellman is out of the league after he basically went crazy in Dallas. Bipolar players in a way are like ticking time bombs. I know you'll say, hey you probably only here about a player having bipolar when he wigs out so of course the only two guys you know of went psycho. Thats valid, however I found out about Spellman having bipolar in a positive fashion. Someone was talking about Underwood, and how he needs to learn to stay on his medication and how he could be a productive player, and the example used was Alonzo Spellman of the Dallas Cowboys...who had bipolar and was a model citizen. But that only lasted another season or two before he went off.

In your scenario it wouldn't be worth drafting him at all because his condition is thus that he probobly wont make it in the L. At the same time, all players mentioned were very high picks, meaning teams weren't worried by their conditions enough to not pick them.

Catch 22.

Welbourn wants big $, and I think if RS pulls this off he will want this guy around for a while. I think RS plan is to put on the line guys that are around 26 or 27 yrs old so they can jell together. That "win now" thing they keep talking about. Thats why I think we go WR in the 1st round. Someone who can come in and play the first day.

Just talked to some eagle fans here in Jersey. They said they will be pissed if this trade happens. They love welbourn, solid o-linemen. We will see what happens.

This has been done before , the player bad mouths the team so bad they have to give him up. As of now Welbourn,s agent is the one doing the talking. As for the Eagles fans they have lost a number of players that they were mad about losing ,but the Eagles don,t over pay. This is about$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and thats all.

REAL DEAL said:
,but the Eagles don,t over pay. This is about$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and thats all.

That reputation just took a big hit this off-season as they gave Kearse a $66 million 8 year contract with $18 million up front this year.

Not sure if they overpaid T.O. but he didn't come cheap at $42 million for 7 years including about $10 million in bonuses.

Back
Top Bottom