Phins v. Pats- The Tale of the Tape (an honest look) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins v. Pats- The Tale of the Tape (an honest look)

TBrown#80

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
QB- Okay, not much of a contest. Brady is playing as good as anyone and Fiedler is not in the same league.

Advantage: PATS

RB- A little tighter. Ricky Williams is averaging 3.4 ypc, hardly good numbers, but Faulk, Cloud, and Smith combine to close the gap plus Faulk is a better reciever than ricky out of the backfield. This one is close but it's the pats by a hair.

FB- Pass and Konrad is a toss up, Konrad has been a dissapointment for most of his career, and Pass is just not used that much. Pats by default because Konrad is more essential to the phins.

WR- This one is abig disparity. Brown, Branch, Givens overshadow Chambers.

TE- Randy McMichael faded last year and has begun his fade this year. Daniel Graham on the other hand is coming on strong and will be a top 5 tight end by year's end. McMichael just does not have Daniel Graham's upside.

OL- Woody and Lyght would be the two best dolphin linemen so this is an obvious one. The phins line has been horrid this year.

DL- Seymour is head and shoulders above all, even jason Taylor. Ogunleye takes advantage of wasted double teams on the other side. Chester and Bowens just do not compare to the group of Washington, Klecko, and Pleasant on pass rush situations.

LB- So it's Zach and Junior and nothing else versus a guy that is virtually just as good as Zach in Bruschi and Phifer and Vrabel that collectively play better than Junior.

DB- First of all, we can all agree that Ty Law is better than Surtain or Madison. Madison is having his second down year in a row and Poole is playing pro bowl ball. Harrison is just better than Knight, and Wilson makes more plays than Marion. Pats by a hair.

ST: Bethel Johnson is a great return man, the dolphins have none. Vinieteri is a clutch kicker, mare is not. The phins have an advantage in their punter turk though.

Coaching: Bellichick is a master at his craft and Wanndstadt is on the verge of being fired.

Sorry guys but I don't see how this game will be close. It could be but I see the final score at 31 - 9.

Let's hope for a good game though.

You're an idiot. An "honest" look? Not. Go back to your own board.

I was giving an honest assesment. What part do you want to dispute?

Originally posted by TBrown#80
The phins have an advantage in their punter turk though.

If this game comes down to field position we will have an advantage. No one punts like Turk. The Dolphins are one of the best punting teams in the AFC. The Pats even released their punter today and they haven't signed anyone. I think this game could be won on punting alone.

Advantage Fins.

If you are punting it means that you are not scoring. Nobody has disputed yet that all of the matchups end up in the Pats corner.

Actually you were not giving an honest assessment. You were giving a biased assessment. Learn the difference dude.

LOL! That was great...but you forgot one thing

Waterboy- The Dolphins and Pats waterboys seem to be in the same league both quick on delivering water to the players in a timely and courteuous fashion...but due to the fact the Patriots waterboy is taller by 1/4 of an inch...I'm going with the pats
ADVANTAGE: PATS

Since nobody disputes that ALL of the matchups favor the Patriots then I guess my assesment was right on.

I am not trying to belittle your team, but I thought that my assesment was pretty accurate.

Like I said, tell me where you disagree.

the fact is your a Pats fan. We are Fin fans. Until you watch the Dolphins play every game like most of us do, breaking down the plays, reading every article written, you will go by the few paragraphs you see and read and by what ESPN has to say about us. Problem is, Fin fans will deal the same towards the Pats. This analysis is completly biased, whether or not some assessments are correct, you went by what you know about your team, and what everyone else tells you about our team. Please, leave the all-out assessments to the pros and dont waste your time, or more importantly, ours!

And NO! I dont have time to deal with each of your assessments specifically, so I would hope you accept this as my response to your "Honest Look"

You keep asking where we disagree...and no one is answering....my guess is no one wants to waste their time typing that much to you. You obviously have very little touch with reality.

Originally posted by ShutDown23
LOL! That was great...but you forgot one thing

Waterboy- The Dolphins and Pats waterboys seem to be in the same league both quick on delivering water to the players in a timely and courteuous fashion...but due to the fact the Patriots waterboy is taller by 1/4 of an inch...I'm going with the pats
ADVANTAGE: PATS
:spit: :roflmao:

I think most of us are smart enough to know that you are likely just a troll just trying to get us to waste our time writing some long point by point response to your ludicrous post...

P.S.
If you really believe your entire post to be true, then you are not only a troll, you are a classic homer as well.

Back
Top Bottom