Phins, Vikings on verge of trade... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins, Vikings on verge of trade...

I say try and trade the #18 for possibly a second and a third rounder...is that possible?

Draft Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams, two guys who both fit our system then J.J. Arrington in the second round.

Eric-Honduras said:
overhyped? he was a 3 year starter...He earned the Bronko Nagurski Trophy as the nation's top defensive player and the Butkus Award (nation's top LB).
Johnson was a finalist for the Bednarik Award (nation's top defensive player), the Lombardi Award (nation's top lineman) and the Lott Trophy (defensive player of the year) as a senior. He was the only defensive player among the 10 finalists for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and earned unanimous first-team All-American accolades. He was also a unanimous selection as the Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

please, when hyping someone, refrain from point out all the great things they did in college. THATS COLLEGE! him being voted for all these BS awards doesnt tell you how weak he is at the point of attack. ( taking on blockers)

His Dudeness said:
i think we're hoping for caddy or mike williams to sit comfy at #7. i think mike will be taken by Tennesee.... so caddy at 7 is dandy.

i saw this thing on DJ on NFL network and they showed at the point of attack, he's quite weak. he doesn't attack. some 200 rb was able to take him out of the play with relative ease... definitely an electrifying player when in open field when he can do his stuff, but he wont have as much free room to roam and the men are a lot bigger in the nfl.

i, too, am a Merriman fan. OVER DJ.

first of all DJ plays weakside linebacker... he is 6'3 240 lbs... bigger than the rest of our LBs...

he doesnt attack?? He led the team with 120 tackles (73 solo), 13 stops for losses, 10 pressures, four interceptions and 10 pass deflections yeah ok

Benson/Rolle/M.Williams or Brown at #7, maybe even Rodgers, but I'm very wary about him.

use #18 to trade down again or Jason Campbell.

Chris Spencer at #46 hopefully.

callaway1234 said:
http://www.finheaven.com/news/2046/

It seems like this has a very good chance of happening, so my question is... do you think Ronnie Brown will be on the board at #7? And assuming the Surtain trade happens, who do you all see us using 2 #1's and a 2 on? (Is the 2nd round too early to draft McPherson??)
No idea who Saban picks. I don't think Ronnie Brown would be there. Long shot. That's too bad, but maybe Caddy or Bensen. If all 3 go, and you would bet Aaron Rogers occupies a high pick (49ers), there are only 2 more picks between us and Braylon. Likely he's gone too though. It's sad to lose Ronnie Brown, or Alex Smith or Braylon Edwards (or whoever else people had their hearts set on), but if this trade goes through, we got 2 great picks. Saban's hands would be a little less tied to get his new version of the fins started.

Another possibility is he trades one of those 2 first rounders for some more picks in other rounds! Now he can really get some players, because he would have college insight to help him uncover players in second third and lower rounds.

What I would enjoy is a 3rd round pick and a next year's first for the 18 pick. Well maybe a little more, but a next year's first is something I would like to see traded for.

His Dudeness said:
please, when hyping someone, refrain from point out all the great things they did in college. THATS COLLEGE! him being voted for all these BS awards doesnt tell you how weak he is at the point of attack. ( taking on blockers)

until they play an NFL game... we can compare his college and workout results..

this is the draft... we are picking players from college... i think they awards hold alot more water than

"weak he is at the point of attack"

At seven we take the best available runner. One of the "Big Three" will still be there...and if the draft falls right we could see two of them there for us. I'm still not convinced the Bears will go running back. They have Muhsin and not a whole lot more at reciever and Muhsin is over 30. Williams could go here

The Bears could still go runner if they pass on reciever but everything I've read says they are hot for Benson.

The Bucs could go running back BUT, if Mike Williams is there at #5 they could take a flyer on him.

Whatever happens I see Williams going at #4 or #5 and that would leave 2 of the running backs for us.

The only thing I am certain of is IF the Vikinngs trade happens we WILL draft a running back at #7. At worst we end up with Benson...and I'll take that EVERYDAY of the week (although I prefer the Auburn backs.)

At #18 I like a variety of players...and they are ALL defensive players.
Shawne Merriman, Tomas Davis, David Pollack, Erasmus James, Marcus Spears....I'm not saying they will all be there but a good combonation of them will be and I think we NEED to go that direction.

If the Surtain trade goes down I can't see Saban taking McPherson. Josh Bullocks or Luis Castillo should be the picks with the Surtain pick.

There are better Q.B. prospects (Greene, Walter) that can be had in the third round...don't burn a second on McPherson.

he doesn't take on blockers well. Anyone else see this piece on the nfl network? it was quite alarming, not to mention there are many other needs before linebacker. When you've got caddy/mike williams sitting at 7. you take one of them, who we desperately need. unless he turns out to be LT, no thank you, i'll pass and take one of those Offensive guns.

Eric-Honduras said:
mcpherson banned from NCAA played less than a season in college football..
yeah ok lets draft him...

DJ is the best LB and top defensive player in this draft..

Yea, just in case we feel out of wack not having Ricky around, let's get another nutbar!:roflmao:

unifiedtheory said:
At seven we take the best available runner. One of the "Big Three" will still be there...and if the draft falls right we could see two of them there for us. I'm still not convinced the Bears will go running back. They have Muhsin and not a whole lot more at reciever and Muhsin is over 30. Williams could go here

The Bears could still go runner if they pass on reciever but everything I've read says they are hot for Benson.

The Bucs could go running back BUT, if Mike Williams is there at #5 they could take a flyer on him.

Whatever happens I see Williams going at #4 or #5 and that would leave 2 of the running backs for us.

The only thing I am certain of is IF the Vikinngs trade happens we WILL draft a running back at #7. At worst we end up with Benson...and I'll take that EVERYDAY of the week (although I prefer the Auburn backs.)

At #18 I like a variety of players...and they are ALL defensive players.
Shawne Merriman, Tomas Davis, David Pollack, Erasmus James, Marcus Spears....I'm not saying they will all be there but a good combonation of them will be and I think we NEED to go that direction.

If the Surtain trade goes down I can't see Saban taking McPherson. Josh Bullocks or Luis Castillo should be the picks with the Surtain pick.

There are better Q.B. prospects (Greene, Walter) that can be had in the third round...don't burn a second on McPherson.

good stuff..

Eric-Honduras said:
overhyped? he was a 3 year starter...He earned the Bronko Nagurski Trophy as the nation's top defensive player and the Butkus Award (nation's top LB).
Johnson was a finalist for the Bednarik Award (nation's top defensive player), the Lombardi Award (nation's top lineman) and the Lott Trophy (defensive player of the year) as a senior. He was the only defensive player among the 10 finalists for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and earned unanimous first-team All-American accolades. He was also a unanimous selection as the Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

Johnson concluded his Longhorns career with 40 starts in 50 games. He recorded 458 tackles (281 solo) with 10½ sacks for minus-58 yards, 65 stops for losses of 170 yards and 39 quarterback pressures

Merriman= dont compare to DJ who plays WEAK side LB
McpHerson = overhyped

Johnson also doesn't take on blockers very well at all, and he lacks top instincts for the position. Scouts know this, whether the fans want to believe it or not. Johnson is the most overrated player in this draft.

Eric-Honduras said:
until they play an NFL game... we can compare his college and workout results..

this is the draft... we are picking players from college... i think they awards hold alot more water than

"weak he is at the point of attack"

excuse me? :drool:

the fact he was named for awards is more important than actual RESEARCH AND FOOTAGE OF WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN A GAME SITUATION?! i shudder to think what will happen to DJ when someone like mack strong or william henderson comes rolling his way.

all things being said, i think he's a good player and electric when he doesnt have to take on blockers. i think he should be a top 10-15 pick. but not for us. not at 7.

His Dudeness said:
he doesn't take on blockers well. Anyone else see this piece on the nfl network? it was quite alarming, not to mention there are many other needs before linebacker. When you've got caddy/mike williams sitting at 7. you take one of them, who we desperately need. unless he turns out to be LT, no thank you, i'll pass and take one of those Offensive guns.

DJ is # 3 on NCAA list for stops behind the the line of scrimage. with 60 over his career

holds # 1 NCAA for forced fumbles in a season..

DJ is top 5 in NCAA career for tackles

Who at 7 KB ??? best of the three RBs left??

Back
Top Bottom