Phins, Vikings on verge of trade... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins, Vikings on verge of trade...

if we made that trade, It takes their two firsts, their third, and their 1st 7th round pick to compensate. But, I would price a premium into it. Their two firsts, their third, and fourth, and swap of fifths. That prices about a 40 point premium on our pick. Not much, but gives us two thirds, a fourth and moves us down in the fifth. Not much for them to give us what our pick is worth, and then we get some good shots towards the end of the first day, and an extra on the first round of the second day. Seems fair to me.

I didn't expect the Vikes to be willing to give up that 18th overall. I would have thought they'd go for the 7th, their 2nd, their 3rd, a player like E.J. Henderson and something like their 2nd next year. Seems the Vikings don't want another DE all that badly at 18...

on nfl-fans.com a vikings fan said a new rumor is

VIKES give:
3rd rounder this year
O Smith
2006 2nd rounder

MIAMI gives:
2006 conditional (3rd or 4th)

I don't know if I like this one that much.

OK that article has to be BS. Here's why:
He mentions specific compensation, both 1st's and a mid rounder. Now, if specific compensation has been agreed to by both sides than the deal is done, and it's clearly not done. So either Minny isn't willing to give up the compensation proposed or Miami is asking for more. Since both 1st's and a mid rounder matches up value wise, it makes no sense for Miami to demand more. Hence, the hold up must be that Minny isn't yet willing to give up both 1st's, which is what is being reported by most "well known" reporters. In other words this article says nothing and is inaccurate. Two teams can't be close to a deal if one side isn't willing to give up what the other is demanding.

Mike Williams at #7 please. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. WE NOW HAVE A GAMEBREAKER!!!!!

ChambersWI said:

VIKES give:
3rd rounder this year
O Smith
2006 2nd rounder

MIAMI gives:

That makes sense, but not sure if it's enough to get the deal done.

byroan said:
McPherson wouldn't be a waste. DJ at #7 would be a waste.

McPherson at anything more than a 6th round pick would be a waste. He still hasn't up'd to stealing that check and cashing it for $3,500...even after he cop'd out and pleaded no contest he and his agent claim he didn't bet on his football games...and when he was asked why did you do that....he has no answer. Thats not a kid who is humble...or asking for a second chance...you have to admit you committed a crime first...to get a second chance. Sorry as a Dolphin fan...I've had enough headcase's and crooks that have signed with the Dolphins....this too shall pass.

ChambersWI said:

VIKES give:
3rd rounder this year
O Smith
2006 2nd rounder

MIAMI gives:

That Viks fan is a moron.

#7 - Mike Williams
#18 - Marcus Spears
2nd round - J.J. Arrington
3rd round - Ronald Fields

fishypete said:
McPherson at anything more than a 6th round pick would be a waste. He still hasn't up'd to stealing that check and cashing it for $3,500...even after he cop'd out and pleaded no contest he and his agent claim he didn't bet on his football games...and when he was asked why did you do that....he has no answer. Thats not a kid who is humble...or asking for a second chance...you have to admit you committed a crime first...to get a second chance. Sorry as a Dolphin fan...I've had enough headcase's and crooks that have signed with the Dolphins....this too shall pass.

He did admit to it. He said it made him the person he is today. He learned from his mistakes and he's ready to prove his doubters wrong.

There's a reason an agent like Leigh Steinberg signed him. You'll see.

all i know about Derrick Johnson is he's great when u import him to madden :roflmao:

byroan said:
He did admit to it. He said it made him the person he is today. He learned from his mistakes and he's ready to prove his doubters wrong.

There's a reason an agent like Leigh Steinberg signed him. You'll see.

Byroan...I heard him on NFL total access just yesterday....he cop'd out to a no contest...hasn't even admitted he bet on his football games....even Florida State threw him off the team...any doubt? When he was asked why did you do it....he wouldn't say why....he hasn't admitted he ever took the money to bet on football. Sorry....until he does...he doesn't deserve anything.

ChambersWI said:

VIKES give:
3rd rounder this year
O Smith
2006 2nd rounder

MIAMI gives:

Not bad. The conditonal pick is for how well Onterrio would do. But, I dont like hard limits. nick probably wont agree for a contitional first, so Minny is asking for high mid rounder. I would let it slide from a 6th to 2nd conditional. But, I wouldnt consider Onterrio. I would be hard lined on Michael Bennet. Then, I would let the conditional slide from 1st to 7th. I would have no problemn with that, but Nick probably does.

We drop 5, pick up a 3rd, a good RB (one that could go the season on 1st and 2nd downs), and a 2nd in 06. The only thing we give up is moving down 5, and if the RB we get from Minny performs, we pay at most a 3rd (in the current deal). Sounds pretty good to me. We could still end up with Caddy at #7. Better yet, we may end up with Alex Barron on our line blocking for onterrio or michael. Then, package our two thirds to move up to top 10 of second, and grab David Baas, we would have one hell of a OL for whatever back we give the ball too.

Thats the kind of package I was wanting if we moved down with Minny. They got damn fine backs, and we need one if we are moving off caddy. They wont be caddy, but they will get us 1500+, whichever one it happens to be. especially with, McKinney, james, carey, baas, and Barron on our line.

OHHHHH, thats ugly for our foes.

Back
Top Bottom