Phins, Vikings on verge of trade... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins, Vikings on verge of trade...

caneaddict said:
OK that article has to be BS. Here's why:
He mentions specific compensation, both 1st's and a mid rounder. Now, if specific compensation has been agreed to by both sides than the deal is done, and it's clearly not done. So either Minny isn't willing to give up the compensation proposed or Miami is asking for more. Since both 1st's and a mid rounder matches up value wise, it makes no sense for Miami to demand more. Hence, the hold up must be that Minny isn't yet willing to give up both 1st's, which is what is being reported by most "well known" reporters. In other words this article says nothing and is inaccurate. Two teams can't be close to a deal if one side isn't willing to give up what the other is demanding.

The holdup could be the 9ers, until the Vikings are sure Edwards will be there they are foolish to complete a trade.

PhinPhreak said:
The holdup could be the 9ers, until the Vikings are sure Edwards will be there they are foolish to complete a trade.

Agreed...until the 49ers make their selection...nothing will be announce.

fishypete said:
Byroan...I heard him on NFL total access just yesterday....he cop'd out to a no contest...hasn't even admitted he bet on his football games....even Florida State threw him off the team...any doubt? When he was asked why did you do it....he wouldn't say why....he hasn't admitted he ever took the money to bet on football. Sorry....until he does...he doesn't deserve anything.

He admitted he stole the check, and he DID say he didn't know why he did it, but from the report, he was Totally embarrased and Sorry for what he did. Not coming out of his house for over 2 weeks isn't something somebody does that didn't care about what he did wrong!!! And yes he DID say that he DID NOT bet on football, and how the hell do you know that he did??? This was a clean cut kid before all of this mess, he had no criminal history, but then he makes ONE mistake, and all of a sudden he's a criminal for life???? Since Randy Mcmichael slapped around his pregnant wife, and everybody knows he did it, if he gets accused of murder does that mean he Definitely killed somebody???? Mcpherson seemed genuinly sorry for what he had done, and from everything he said it seems as though he has a Very strong will to succeed and prove everybody wrong.

MrClean said:
Derrick Johnson has very good instincts. A player with "no instincts what so ever" doesn't make the big plays that Derrick makes, including 19 TFL, 8 PBU, an NCAA record 9 forced fumbles and win the Nagurski and Butkus Awards, which is what he did in 2004.
His weaknesses are a tendency to freelance too much, and taking on blockers. He is so quick and athletic that he is often able to avoid blockers anyway. And like someone smarter than me said, the ones who are quick and athletic enough to do so, avoid blocks. The ones who aren't take on blocks.
Derrick isn't my favorite linebacker, that would be Merriman. But IMO, he is easily worthy of being drafted in the 6 to 15 range.

It's widely stated by scouts that DJ does not have the instincts of other more natural LBs. That being said, he is an awesome physical and athletic specimen that has become a premier LB in the college game based on that fact. He tends to run around blockers instead of thru them...ever see Ray Lewis run around a block ? That is what is missing from DJs game, call it instincts, call it whatever, it is apparent he does not have the "instincts" of great LBs. The question is "Can he use that athleticism to overcome his lack of instincts at the pro level ?" That is what needs to be answered...I do agree with you that I'd take Merriman before Johnson and that he should be drafted in the 6-15 range, as you stated.

Fishy, i really hope that if the trade does go thru that we give the 18th up to the eagles and aquire those picks, that would be so huge... i do however disagree with selecting merriman along with any other defensive lineman THIS YEAR.. whoever we pick to play D-line will sit out unless someone gets hurt. we would already have a great 5 man rotation on the line between JT, Carter, T Bo, L Chester, and Holliday. i know those guys are aging and have injury issues, but i dont think we select DT or DE til atleast next year unless it is later on like 4th or higher.

Sorry Larry but DJ has a nose for the ball. besides, everyone has their downfalls and DJ is a very smart player... who is to say that he doesnt correct these problems..also he isnt as small as everyone thinks.. maybe he chose not to take on blockers cuz he felt he could just run around them.. i am sure he is just as aware as anyone else that he wont be able to do it at the next level... why doesnt anyone have any confidence that he will change this??

PoorRichard said:
Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that the Vikes will not trade their two 1st round picks.

last year he was reporting that the Giants would not trade for Manning

DcRy82 said:
Fishy, i really hope that if the trade does go thru that we give the 18th up to the eagles and aquire those picks, that would be so huge... i do however disagree with selecting merriman along with any other defensive lineman THIS YEAR.. whoever we pick to play D-line will sit out unless someone gets hurt. we would already have a great 5 man rotation on the line between JT, Carter, T Bo, L Chester, and Holliday. i know those guys are aging and have injury issues, but i dont think we select DT or DE til atleast next year unless it is later on like 4th or higher.

I wouldn't count on Timbo....and Saban said many times he wanted to get younger using the draft...just a hunch.

I'd take McPherson in a heartbeat in the second round.. Anyone who gets compared to John Elway (arm strength and accuracy) is worth taking a shot at IMO...

outlawd2u said:
He admitted he stole the check, and he DID say he didn't know why he did it, but from the report, he was Totally embarrased and Sorry for what he did. Not coming out of his house for over 2 weeks isn't something somebody does that didn't care about what he did wrong!!! And yes he DID say that he DID NOT bet on football, and how the hell do you know that he did??? This was a clean cut kid before all of this mess, he had no criminal history, but then he makes ONE mistake, and all of a sudden he's a criminal for life???? Since Randy Mcmichael slapped around his pregnant wife, and everybody knows he did it, if he gets accused of murder does that mean he Definitely killed somebody???? Mcpherson seemed genuinly sorry for what he had done, and from everything he said it seems as though he has a Very strong will to succeed and prove everybody wrong.

I know because Florida State knew....because the Florida DA has come out and stated he did...just a week or so ago. He was charged for betting....not stealing. If he didn't bet....the DA wouldn't have been able to charge him...and he wouldn't have pleaded no contest to the betting charge...and him staying in his house is a pure emotion of guilt. Hey I'm not saying the kid is Dillinger...but as I have said...you shouldn't get a second chance...if you haven't totally admitted to everything...and he hasn't.

If the trade goes through I want our picks to go this way

7- Benson, M. Williams, C. Williams
18- Spears, C. Rodgers
46- Michael Munoz

fishypete said:
I know because Florida State knew....because the Florida DA has come out and stated he did...just a week or so ago. He was charged for betting....not stealing. If he didn't bet....the DA wouldn't have been able to charge him...and he wouldn't have pleaded no contest to the betting charge...and him staying in his house is a pure emotion of guilt. Hey I'm not saying the kid is Dillinger...but as I have said...you shouldn't get a second chance...if you haven't totally admitted to everything...and he hasn't.

He was charged with felony grand theft and misdemeanor theft he was never charged with betting....

Back
Top Bottom