Phins, Vikings on verge of trade... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins, Vikings on verge of trade...

I just thought of a reason to hold that #2 pick:

How bout this scenario. With the second overall pick, we give Ricky Back to Texas. Would that be fair? He was drafted as #1, but at age 27, #2 should be high enough to send him back with. :lol:

His Dudeness said:
excuse me? :drool:

the fact he was named for awards is more important than actual RESEARCH AND FOOTAGE OF WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN A GAME SITUATION?! i shudder to think what will happen to DJ when someone like mack strong or william henderson comes rolling his way.

all things being said, i think he's a good player and electric when he doesnt have to take on blockers. i think he should be a top 10-15 pick. but not for us. not at 7.

DJ is top 5 in Ncaa for tackles in a career..... at 6'3 240 lbs he is bigger than any of our LBs except Seau who he should replace anyways...

Eric-Honduras said:
DJ is # 3 on NCAA list for stops behind the the line of scrimage. with 60 over his career

holds # 1 NCAA for forced fumbles in a season..

DJ is top 5 in NCAA career for tackles

if the whole world went on college accolates, then Ken Dorsey would have been selected first overall. Linebacker who plays a lot of years, at a big time school.. lot of hype.

Brian Bosworth anyone?

His Dudeness said:
if the whole world went on college accolates, then Ken Dorsey would have been selected first overall. Linebacker who plays a lot of years, at a big time school.. lot of hype.

Brian Bosworth anyone?

The Boz hyped himself up, and the GMs bought it. But the Boz can't hold a candle to THE BAZ :evil:

ChambersWI said:
The Boz hyped himself up, and the GMs bought it. But the Boz can't hold a candle to THE BAZ :evil:

Boz got hurt. He wasn't that bad of a player

sure, there's no reason for minnesota to do it before SF picks and we're on the clock. just to be safe. but once we get to our pick few minutes into it, they'll announce TRADE. no worries.

Guys, I still believe (may be dreaming) that Brown will still be there, let's look at picks #'s 1 - 7:

1. San Fran - Alex Smith.
2. Minnesota - Braylon or M. Williams?
3. Cleveland - I know they need a full time RB, but maybe Rodgers?
4. Chicago - 2nd receiver OR Benson?
5. Tampa - 2nd receiver, 1st RB OR 2nd RB.
6. Tenn. - don't need a RB.

7. Miami......

Now I know there are MANY possible combinations, but does anyone think this is logical thinking, unless a team jumps up with Tennessee....

I don't think there's any doubt that this trade gets done (because the 49ers have all but picked Alex Smith) and Miami will select Carnel Williams. I really can't see them taking anyone else at that spot. If they don't take a RB at #7, then they'll have to wait till the 3rd rd to take one at best, because there will be no good value at RB at #18. And in the 3rd round, who are we looking at? J.J Arrington? Gore? Not guys that I think would be fit to be starters. I think our draft now goes

#7 - Canrell Williams
#18 - David Pollack!!! (perfect spot to take a guy that Saban must be high on, SEC guy, great motor, etc.)

MadDawg020 said:
I don't think there's any doubt that this trade gets done (because the 49ers have all but picked Alex Smith) and Miami will select Carnel Williams. I really can't see them taking anyone else at that spot. If they don't take a RB at #7, then they'll have to wait till the 3rd rd to take one at best, because there will be no good value at RB at #18. And in the 3rd round, who are we looking at? J.J Arrington? Gore? Not guys that I think would be fit to be starters. I think our draft now goes

#7 - Canrell Williams
#18 - David Pollack!!! (perfect spot to take a guy that Saban must be high on, SEC guy, great motor, etc.)

You never know. RB's tend to drop in the draft and it's really only the media assuming a RB will go there. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the 3 RB's is there at 18.

Shifty187 said:
Derrick Johnson a waste at #7?:rolleyes:

Did u even watch the man play?

Yeah actually I did. He is overrated. I wouldn't draft him with a top 15 pick. He has no instincts what so ever.

VanDolPhan said:
You never know. RB's tend to drop in the draft and it's really only the media assuming a RB will go there. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the 3 RB's is there at 18.

I agree. Just look at what happened last year. I just wish RW would have retired before the draft. All the possibilities. Oh well! Just bring home a great RB Saban!!!!!

I prefer Ronnie, but I'd be glad with any back.

callaway1234 said:
http://www.finheaven.com/news/2046/

It seems like this has a very good chance of happening, so my question is... do you think Ronnie Brown will be on the board at #7? And assuming the Surtain trade happens, who do you all see us using 2 #1's and a 2 on? (Is the 2nd round too early to draft McPherson??)
As with all these rumors...
I will believe it when I see it as fact!!
:lol:

Marino1983

byroan said:
Yeah actually I did. He is overrated. I wouldn't draft him with a top 15 pick. He has no instincts what so ever.
Derrick Johnson has very good instincts. A player with "no instincts what so ever" doesn't make the big plays that Derrick makes, including 19 TFL, 8 PBU, an NCAA record 9 forced fumbles and win the Nagurski and Butkus Awards, which is what he did in 2004.
His weaknesses are a tendency to freelance too much, and taking on blockers. He is so quick and athletic that he is often able to avoid blockers anyway. And like someone smarter than me said, the ones who are quick and athletic enough to do so, avoid blocks. The ones who aren't take on blocks.
Derrick isn't my favorite linebacker, that would be Merriman. But IMO, he is easily worthy of being drafted in the 6 to 15 range.

Back
Top Bottom