Phins vs Broncos | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins vs Broncos

While reading this thread did get me pumped that Miami is going to crush denver, I still think many things need to align for that to happen.
It's not impossible, but it's going to be a really hard game for Miami to win.

while the broncos sort of got exposed after the loss to st. louis, they still are the broncos with peyton at QB...regardless if J Thomas Sanders Hillman Ball are out, its still Peyton Manning and he is and will always be a tough matchup...their D doesnt look too bad either, just not as good as they should be...
i just think this game wont be as easy as everyone has made it out to be so far....were talking about peyton manning, in mile high stadium...although i think we will ultimately win this game, it will be difficult...hope im wrong!

I don't think Manning = Brady/Belicheck in terms of completely patching up problem areas in a short-time span, and completely fooling opponents. The Rams were not the first time this season that Denver played poorly.
If we can pressure Peyton and keep his options limited with good coverage (Jones, Grimes, Finnegan, Jordan, Delmas all doing their thing giving receivers fits) then I think this game is very winnable. Just gotta make sure to clamp down on the checkdowns and shovel passes too down the middle.
Also hope our line is good enough not to fall for his hard counts, or show blitz too early. Discipline will be necessary. This is a game that will test not only how talented our D is, but how smart they are.

And the O needs to SCORE!

If Sanders and Julius Thomas are out that will be HUGE. But lets not forget that DeMarcus Ware will be lining up against the rookie James and Von Miller is going to eat Dallas Thomas alive. Don't overlook the Denver defense here and the fact that the Dolphins will be on the road in a cold weather game. Even if those two are out for the Broncos, this is still going to be a very, very difficult game to win.

I don't understand the logic that losing to the Rams hurts the Dolphins chances of winning. Manning will be more focused? Better prepared? Angrier? The Dolphins need the game even more as the Broncos big game is the following week at the Chiefs.

Here's the way I see it. If the Dolphins win, it will be by double digits.

I don't understand the logic that losing to the Rams hurts the Dolphins chances of winning. Manning will be more focused? Better prepared? Angrier? The Dolphins need the game even more as the Broncos big game is the following week at the Chiefs.

Here's the way I see it. If the Dolphins win, it will be by double digits.

This has been my feeling on the subject. I don't see Denver as coming out angry. If they win by 28 it's just b/c they're better. Miami should be angry that people think Denver will win because they're angry.

This has been my feeling on the subject. I don't see Denver as coming out angry. If they win by 28 it's just b/c they're better. Miami should be angry that people think Denver will win because they're angry.

So much anger.... :)

i feel uneasy about how confident I am about not only winning, but maybe really laying it on them. Every team has a moment of clarity about who they are and are about to become, my Spidy sense is tingling. I recall a David Woodley Tommy Vigorito team kicking the vaunted Steelers on MNF in the 80's in a similar spot. That game was the beginning of the run that led to the epic in Miami vs SD, super bowl appearance, drafting Marino, etc. Brothers, I think its our time.

Let's hope Fox "pulls a Popovich" and rests his injured starters for the Chiefs game. The Broncos play to win divisions, not wildcard berths.

They couldn't handle the STL pass rush..........."wait til they get a load of me"

There is a 1st time for everything. Just like an underdog can win on any given Sunday. I feel we match-up well with the Broncos. We need to make sure we execute our gameplan on Sunday and do our part to take an early lead, control the game, and unleash our d-line on Manning. Our team is built to go up against a team like this.

I agree. We do match up well with Denver - even before the injuries. And the way Manning is talking, both Sanders and Thomas will be out next week. Defensively, unless we simply decide not to show up, we should give Manning headaches with our pass rush. Denver can't run and we stuff the run anyway. Manning can't scramble. He's a sitting duck back there. I'm not going to get over confident about the game. But I feel pretty good about it.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP
Philbin says Dolphins aren't leaving until Saturday despite the altitude issues in Denver. He's meeting with trainers to talk about it.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP
Philbin says Dolphins aren't leaving until Saturday despite the altitude issues in Denver. He's meeting with trainers to talk about it.

Micromanaging and stubburn. I would want to be there from Friday night to aclimate.

He attempted over 50 passes. They can't run and they only ran the ball 9 times. They have no offensive line, no pass rush, they can't stop the run, and their kicker sucks.
You mean apart from Von Miller and Ware?

Back
Top Bottom