Phins vs Broncos | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins vs Broncos

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP
Philbin says Dolphins aren't leaving until Saturday despite the altitude issues in Denver. He's meeting with trainers to talk about it.

This is my concern. That altitude is not joke and could be a factor going in to the 2nd half.

You mean apart from Von Miller and Ware?

Let's be real, that Denver defensive line isn't as good against the run as ours, but yes Von Miller is a huge concern with 10 sacks to date, Ware is also strong as an ox. Our attack should be balanced in order to keep those guys from pinning their ears back.

If Sanders is out that will be HUGE. You can tell Peyton loves Sanders, looks his way a ton and plays that 'Welker' slot game.

Wes Welker (funny enough) looks beyond washed up with the Broncos. Possibly because those concussions have turned his brain into scrambled eggs but he is not the same guy.

If Julius Thomas also sits, another HUGE plus. Jacob Tamme subbing in for Julius looked lost, and after 3-4 throws his way in which he ran the wrong route or lost track of the ball Peyton stopped looking his way.

Welker shouldn't even be on the field.

The man has taken some HUGE hits and been high level concussed. Now, just a slight hit to the head messes him up. Ding, ding, ding -- shouldn't that be a warning sign?

But he's too proud to hang up the cleats. He'll pay a price in few years.

He'll have to do drugs just to exist.

LD

This is my concern. That altitude is not joke and could be a factor going in to the 2nd half.

Our pass rush is about speed and leverage. I definitely believe the altitude will limit the pressure we apply. Dion Jordan needs to get more snaps this game.

Weather will be a factor. Pass rush needs to show up. Need Finnegan back.

Finnegan hasn't been playing great. He's crafty and better than Taylor but he's not been excellent.

The problem is that we don't have solid 3 and 4 DBs behind Finnegan. High draft picks but poor players (so far). Can Taylor grow up while facing a legend QB?

We'll see.

LD

This has been my feeling on the subject. I don't see Denver as coming out angry. If they win by 28 it's just b/c they're better. Miami should be angry that people think Denver will win because they're angry.

I think they'll win because they're effectively a team stacked with all-pros on both sides of the ball, and Manning is the best all around QB to have ever played the game. And they're at home. Their game against the Patriots in the AFC Championship game wasn't really close, and they're better now. I think they played as bad as you could expect against the Rams on both sides of the ball, they weren't focused for whatever reason. They will be for this game.

Having said that if Tannehill plays like he did against the Chargers I think we could beat them even if they're playing their best. It'll be interesting to see how the thin air affects the deep ball...

Let's be real, that Denver defensive line isn't as good against the run as ours, but yes Von Miller is a huge concern with 10 sacks to date, Ware is also strong as an ox. Our attack should be balanced in order to keep those guys from pinning their ears back.
Well, one thing you should also realize is that they have the 2nd ranked run defense in the league (3.3 ypc, 73 ypg). So a balanced attack may not be all that easy either.

Back
Top Bottom