Pick Mike Williams, Period | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pick Mike Williams, Period

hahahaha.........all you Williams fans are just jealous that the talke is all about Braylon, Braylon is better.......period, I would love to hae Mike Williams ONLY if you trade down, anyways I could have had his numbers with the Heismen trophy winner throwing me the ball, Edwards had a "average" QB at best and he always put up awesome numbers.......

So everyone get over Mike Williams and quit making stupid threads so all the Mike Williams fans can all gather around and dream that for some God Forsaken reason take him B4 Edwards........get real.

And don't give me that "he's a Michigan WR" lol that ones old.

Phin_Phan said:
hahahaha.........all you Williams fans are just jealous that the talke is all about Braylon, Braylon is better.......period, I would love to hae Mike Williams ONLY if you trade down, anyways I could have had his numbers with the Heismen trophy winner throwing me the ball, Edwards had a "average" QB at best and he always put up awesome numbers.......

So everyone get over Mike Williams and quit making stupid threads so all the Mike Williams fans can all gather around and dream that for some God Forsaken reason take him B4 Edwards........get real.

And don't give me that "he's a Michigan WR" lol that ones old.
and your a Braylon homer... no offense.

I could sit down and argue all day with anyone that Mike Williams will have a better influence on our offence than Braylon.

The numbers comment is ridiculous, Mike Williams is not rated highly because of numbers. He is rated highly because he is a 6'5 230 WR that can jump over every DB in the NFL and has velcro hands. Good luck covering him - he has to be double covered, which opens up our offense, and more importantly Chris Chambers.

However, you are right that Braylon is a distinct possibility for us, a lot more so than Mike Williams, or so it seems. I can really see us drafting him (Braylon). I think Braylon is a good WR, but would prefer Mike.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm real high on WR Matt Jones out of arkansa he's a freak, and he's a beast. He runs a 4.37 40 is 6'6'' and a quarter and is 250 lbs. He projects to go late first early second. Read this article on him

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=2025109
late first... one of the big boys will take a risk on him.

He has awesome potential, we cannot risk a guy like that, and we're not going to be in a position to get him anyway.

KB21 said:
Mike Williams would have gone around the 12th-15th picks last year. Somehow, he has actually improved his stock by not playing in the mind of some of you.

????

He was a top 5 prospect last year.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
????

He was a top 5 prospect last year.
no he wasn't.

He fell quite a bit before the draft. He was the 4th rated WR... behind Fitz, Roy and Reggie... and probably would have fallen behind Lee Evans come draft day.

finsnchips said:
no he wasn't.

He fell quite a bit before the draft. He was the 4th rated WR... behind Fitz, Roy and Reggie... and probably would have fallen behind Lee Evans come draft day.

You're crazy. He was NEVER rated behind Woods and I hope you were joking about Evans.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
You're crazy. He was NEVER rated behind Woods and I hope you were joking about Evans.
no... he was never rated behind woods.

Mike was rated behind Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams and Reggie Williams.

When he got chucked out of the draft he was the 4th rated WR, maybe third, but was close to Reggie.

In the week leading up to the draft Lee Evans stock soared and he ended up going #13... i'm not joking, even if Mike Williams was in the draft, Lee may have over taken him.

finsnchips said:
no he wasn't.

He fell mainly because of ineligbilty due to the Clarett ruling, I'd imagine.

DeDolfan said:
He fell mainly because of ineligbilty due to the Clarett ruling, I'd imagine.
he fell because of the same concern that surrounds him this year... his pace.

There were also questions about his teamwork and selfishness - baring in mind he jumped ship as a sophomore from the co-national champions. There were also concerns about his weight. I have read scouting reports from last year that suggest that he was closer to 240, he is now at 225 and has been working out all year.

Williams did not play last year and some people think this is a minus. I think it is a plus. Why? less mileage and where and tear. He did not play last year but can a player that has been playing a game all of his life all of a sudden forget how to play the game? I don't think so. He will have to learn a completely different style of playing in the NFL anyway so the fact that he missed a year of college ball really means nothing. He will have numerous mincamps and all of training camp and preaseason to get used to playing again. I think that is plenty of time for someone that has been playing football for most of their lives.

finsnchips said:
no... he was never rated behind woods.

Mike was rated behind Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams and Reggie Williams.

When he got chucked out of the draft he was the 4th rated WR, maybe third, but was close to Reggie.

In the week leading up to the draft Lee Evans stock soared and he ended up going #13... i'm not joking, even if Mike Williams was in the draft, Lee may have over taken him.

Weird things happen. Jackson dropped to #24 and was passed on by both Dallas and Denver. :confused: Mike Williams would have been the 3rd reciever off the board to Jax IMO. I don't put much stock into what these so called experts say about draft ranking, they change opinions every week. They can't leave their web page the same for 2 months so they change to keep people checking back in. Mike Williams is a rare talent and teams are aware. Any team that passes on him this year will be sorry in a few years.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Weird things happen. Jackson dropped to #24 and was passed on by both Dallas and Denver. :confused: Mike Williams would have been the 3rd reciever off the board to Jax IMO. I don't put much stock into what these so called experts say about draft ranking, they change opinions every week. They can't leave their web page the same for 2 months so they change to keep people checking back in. Mike Williams is a rare talent and teams are aware. Any team that passes on him this year will be sorry in a few years.
yup... totally agree about the rare talent. I hope we're not sorry.

Back
Top Bottom