Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field

Is that your impression of Grier?
He is the most dealing and wheeling GM in dolphins history.
I disagree your point on that.
to be fair, making a lot of trades doesn't mean you draft well. you can have a lot of picks but you need to turn those picks into good/great players.

Falcons will attend Field second pro day. This telling me Atl is serious about Field. That means QB will go 1234.

Cincy should take Sewell to keep their QB healthy.

Miami is on the clock. You can see Grier picking up the phone calling Pitts.
If I was trying to make other teams think I was interested in a player so they would offer me more to move up, I would attend 10 pro days for the same player.

I doubt the Falcons are going to draft a QB because Ryan is under contract for three more years and he is better than any QB they could draft at 4 and better than 80% of the QB’s in the NFL now.

I think the Falcons want to move down in the draft to pick up more draft picks but if they don’t I think they will draft Pitts. The best chance the Dolphins will have to draft Pitts is if the Falcons trade down with a team moving up to draft a QB.

While I agree the Bengals should draft Sewell. I think they are probably going to draft Pitts or Chase if they are both available at 5. If the Falcons end up drafting Pitts, the Bengals will probably draft Chase because that is who Burrow wants.

to be fair, making a lot of trades doesn't mean you draft well. you can have a lot of picks but you need to turn those picks into good/great players.
This is true. How last year's and this year's drafts pan out will make or break him but he did take an 0-7 "should be investigated for tanking" roster to 10-6 a season later with a foundation built from players he drafted. He's had his fair share of misses but it could have been a lot worse since he took over in 2016.

This is true. How last year's and this year's drafts pan out will make or break him but he did take an 0-7 "should be investigated for tanking" roster to 10-6 a season later with a foundation built from players he drafted. He's had his fair share of misses but it could have been a lot worse since he took over in 2016.
well, keep in mind we signed 10 free agents prior to last year so it wasn't all about players he drafted. Again, he hasn't be horrendous but he hasn't really been great either at drafting. Specially when it comes to big time playmakers on offense. He needs to hit on that in this draft.

I do like Pitts and want him to be the pick at #6.
But a honest question, why is he talk as a generational talent?, what makes him much better prospect than OJ Howard or E. Ebron (I know he didn't translate to the pros, but at the moment was a sure top 10 pick)?
What makes Pitts so much better than them as a prospect coming out of collage?

But a honest question, why is he talk as a generational talent?, what makes him much better prospect than OJ Howard or E. Ebron (I know he didn't translate to the pros, but at the moment was a sure top 10 pick)?
I was wondering the same. I remember both of them being talked about as "cant miss"

You are 100% correct. The best players Grier has drafted as the GM are Tunsil and Fitzpatrick and neither of them are still with the Dolphins. Howard is the only elite talent that Grier has drafted as the GM who is still on the roster.

Gesicki is probably the best of the rest that the Dolphins have drafted since Grier became the GM in 2016. Some of the young players drafted in the past couple of years might eventually become solid players in the NFL but none of them have yet become impact players at their position. Drafts really can’t be fully evaluated for at least 3 years IMO.

So if Atl not interested in a QB, they will trade down as you said. And the team moving up will take a QB. So we end up with Pitts anyway.

As for Cincy, no way they don't take Sewell. If you are the GM or coach of Cincy, your job is on the line. Say you don't take Sewell and Burrow ends up in IR for half of the season, you will get your butt fire in a NY minute. You only think what is the strategy on paper, you did not factor in human elements.

Look up his size, his speed, his wingspan. Tell me what other TE in recent NFL history has all three?

Whether he will translate, no one knows for sure at this point. But for numbers that can quantify on paper, yes, he is generational.

This is precisely the issue. I LOVED the Tunsil / Stills trade. We fleeced Houston on paper. But....the reality is we haven’t turned those picks into players better than even Stills - let alone Tunsil. I know we have to give this time but so far we can’t say, “hey - we got the better end of that deal” because the returns on the trade haven’t come in yet - and may not if they weren’t / aren’t picks that turn out to be better than Tunsil and Stills.

Look up his size, his speed, his wingspan. Tell me what other TE in recent NFL history has all three?

Whether he will translate, no one knows for sure at this point. But for numbers that can quantify on paper, yes, he is generational.
If he’s that good he can be a game changer like Gronk or Kelce or Gonzalez / Gates were. If that’s what we’re talking about in terms of potential, I’m taking him.

Then again, if that’s what his ceiling is, Grier’s sphincter will cinch up and he’ll take someone else - w a “solid player” ceiling. That’s his comfort zone.

Back
Top Bottom