Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field

Grier controlled the draft 2019. Wilkins is fine, Deiter below expectations, AVG will play above his draft slot.

When you take a closer look, still don't think he deserves all the trash.
Your conveniently leaving out the 2nd and 5th he blew for Rosen. Wilkins is fine doesn’t cut it. You have to do better than fine with the 13th pick. Dieter is garbage. I do like AVG

I was wondering the same. I remember both of them being talked about as "cant miss"
Actually the TE who was considered a “generational” TE when he as drafted was Vernon Davis. He was faster and stronger than Pitts but was 3 inches shorter.
Vernon Davis had a nice career in the NFL but there were better TE’s in the league during the time Davis played and they were all drafted in the 2nd round or later.

Perhaps Pitts will turn out to be as great as some on here predict but history clearly shows that elite WR’s have better careers than elite TE’s. I have no idea if any of the WR’s in this draft will turn out to be elite but there is one TE in the draft who seems to be considered as possibly elite while there are at least 3 WR’s who might end up being elite.

I will be happy with Pitts or any of the three WR’s. Yet I will not be the least bit upset if Pitts is still on the board at 6 and the Dolphins decide to draft one of the WR’s instead.

Your conveniently leaving out the 2nd and 5th he blew for Rosen. Wilkins is fine doesn’t cut it. You have to do better than fine with the 13th pick. Dieter is garbage. I do like AVG
Rosen trade was a disaster, i give you that. But then I counter with the Tunsil trade. I would say his trades resulted in a net positive.

I agree. Wilkins is a good but not great player so far and I would expect more from a player taken as high as he was in the draft. Deiter couldn’t beat out any of the rookies for a starting spot on the OL last year and they obviously don’t see him as anything but a backup in the NFL.
Van Ginkel is probably the best player drafted by the Dolphins in 2019 but so far he has been only a part time player. So we will see how he plays over the course of an entire season if he wins the starting position in 2021.

The rest of the 2019 draft was a complete waste. So two years after the draft, they have one starter in Wilkins and a possible starter in Van Ginkel. Grier has to do better than that if this team is ever going to
become legitimate SB contender.

Hopefully the players he drafted in the 2020 draft will be the players that will finally show Grier actually knows what he is doing in the draft.

Rosen trade was a disaster, i give you that. But then I counter with the Tunsil trade. I would say his trades resulted in a net positive.
He has done a very good job trading but if you can’t hit your only getting rid of good players for nothing in return.

I agree. Wilkins is a good but not great player so far and I would expect more from a player taken as high as he was in the draft.
I think the Wilkins pick was as much about Flo wanting a high-character guy to build that locker room as anything else. Wilkins is a good player but he's not a force of nature at the position and never will be.

I think the Wilkins pick was as much about Flo wanting a high-character guy to build that locker room as anything else. Wilkins is a good player but he's not a force of nature at the position and never will be.
I tend to agree... His enthusiasm is as infectious as it gets.

If we can just convince him to stop jumping on people.

Grier controlled the draft 2019. Wilkins is fine, Deiter below expectations, AVG will play above his draft slot.

When you take a closer look, still don't think he deserves all the trash.
Agreed. He’s not been horrible - I just think he picks safe players vs taking swings at big time players in terms of potential.

Stills is out of the league isn't he? Beyond that Ross was absolutely getting rid of him. So that's a fat ZERO in any reconciliation column. The Tunsil trade was absolutely A+ for US on any board -- especially when you compound the interest of landing #3 in '21. That's where Grier focked **** up. The yo-yo trade was awful. As far as players he's drafted (those that he's 100% accountable for) its a process of evaluation... But he did hire Flo. That said, my love for Grier was severely compromised with the way he's "mishandled" that gift #3.
Right - I loved that trade. All I’m saying is you have to turn those picks into winners in order for it to mean anything. Imagine if JJ traded Herschel Walker for all he did and then drafted 10 Charles Harris types. Dallas would’ve stunk and the trade wouldn’t have been considered great. That’s the only point I’m trying to make. Let’s hit on some big time players to go along with a whole lot of “solid” that we get from Grier.

Agreed. He’s not been horrible - I just think he picks safe players vs taking swings at big time players in terms of potential.
I hear people say this, but I don't agree.

All three of our first round picks were home run swings last year... Davis was a guy who many touts weren't high on... Hunt was a guy who most thought could be a Pro Bowl Guard.

These were not safe picks.

I hear people say this, but I don't agree.

All three of our first round picks were home run swings last year... Davis was a guy who many touts weren't high on... Hunt was a guy who most thought could be a Pro Bowl Guard.

These were not safe picks.
Perhaps they can still be pro bowl players. I thought they were solid and they should only get better. I want to see some playmakers taken in this draft while all of the beef from the past 2 drafts develops.

Perhaps they can still be pro bowl players. I thought they were solid and they should only get better. I want to see some playmakers taken in this draft while all of the beef from the past 2 drafts develops.
Now... when people say that he didn't take playmakers... that is a completely separate subject from whether he takes safe players.

...and I'm extremely glad that he didn't take offensive backs before we had an offensive and a defensive line, their window would have been wasted while we were learning the basics.

Now... when people say that he didn't take playmakers... that is a completely separate subject from whether he takes safe players.

...and I'm extremely glad that he didn't take offensive backs before we had an offensive and a defensive line, their window would have been wasted while we were learning the basics.
Fair. But I just can’t see “not” going big on playmakers this draft. We need more big play guys on O and a big time LB or Edge wouldn’t hurt either.

If you've been reading / following this is precisely an area where Marvelous Marvin is making his case.

Gotta swing for the fences. Gotta roll with picks that are more about upside than safe.

I think we all saw that last draft.

Back
Top Bottom