Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field

Ummm.....the Jets, 49ers, and Falcons attended Fields 2nd pro day. There were several other teams too, but those 3 ahead of us in draft order went

If he’s that good he can be a game changer like Gronk or Kelce or Gonzalez / Gates were. If that’s what we’re talking about in terms of potential, I’m taking him.

Then again, if that’s what his ceiling is, Grier’s sphincter will cinch up and he’ll take someone else - w a “solid player” ceiling. That’s his comfort zone.
Many people failed to bring it up, he is comfortable in three point stand, a decent blocker. He can solidify the line and help the running game. Just FYI for you Sewell fan boys.

Many people failed to bring it up, he is decent in a three point stand, a decent blocker. He can solidify the line and help the running game. Just FYI for you Sewell fan boys.
I like the sound of this kid. A great TE is more valuable than a WR IMO.

Or SF takes Fields, and no one wants to pay the price to move up for Lance. And Pitts goes to Atlanta the only way he falls to us is if Fields makes it to the 4th pick.

He makes trades but the picks he takes in rounds 1-3 have been questionable. He hasn’t taken a playmaker yet. Two of our round 1 picks last year were reaches at their spots. He does better at finding value in rounds 4 and on. No issue really w the wheeling he does. But he has to hit on some early round picks that are game changers. The one guy he hit on (Minkah) was gifted to us and lasted 1 season and 5 games. Not Grier’s fault but still. I don’t trust him w the draft capital he accumulates. Iggy Bananas was a total reach. Action Jackson a bit of a reach. Same story every year - eg, Christian Wilkins (nice player) but wasn’t even considered the best DL on that line coming out. R MacMillan was better suited for the game as it was played in the 70’s. Hasn’t hit on a great player yet. I honestly think he clams up and plays it safe.
I don't have data to disagree your point.
Every GM hit and miss. Just want to know his hit miss ratio stack up against other GMs.
The years when MikeT in charge do not count.

If you can show me data he is below average, than sure, i go along.

I don't have data to disagree your point.
Every GM hit and miss. Just want to know his hit miss ratio stack up against other GMs.
The years when MikeT in charge do not count.

If you can show me data he is below average, than sure, i go along.
I don’t have any data - but I know we haven’t picked a real playmaker since he’s been in charge of drafting. Minkah was / is but.... I truly feel like he is more comfortable drafting in later rounds where the stakes aren’t as high. Guys like Van Ginkel and even Grant have exceeded their draft positions but our 1st and 2nd rounders normally turn into solid starters. Which is fine as long as you hit on some studs in there.

He makes trades but the picks he takes in rounds 1-3 have been questionable. He hasn’t taken a playmaker yet. Two of our round 1 picks last year were reaches at their spots. He does better at finding value in rounds 4 and on. No issue really w the wheeling he does. But he has to hit on some early round picks that are game changers. The one guy he hit on (Minkah) was gifted to us and lasted 1 season and 5 games. Not Grier’s fault but still. I don’t trust him w the draft capital he accumulates. Iggy Bananas was a total reach. Action Jackson a bit of a reach. Same story every year - eg, Christian Wilkins (nice player) but wasn’t even considered the best DL on that line coming out. R MacMillan was better suited for the game as it was played in the 70’s. Hasn’t hit on a great player yet. I honestly think he clams up and plays it s
Waaaaaaaaa....

This is precisely the issue. I LOVED the Tunsil / Stills trade. We fleeced Houston on paper. But....the reality is we haven’t turned those picks into players better than even Stills - let alone Tunsil. I know we have to give this time but so far we can’t say, “hey - we got the better end of that deal” because the returns on the trade haven’t come in yet - and may not if they weren’t / aren’t picks that turn out to be better than Tunsil and Stills.
Stills is out of the league isn't he? Beyond that Ross was absolutely getting rid of him. So that's a fat ZERO in any reconciliation column. The Tunsil trade was absolutely A+ for US on any board -- especially when you compound the interest of landing #3 in '21. That's where Grier focked **** up. The yo-yo trade was awful. As far as players he's drafted (those that he's 100% accountable for) its a process of evaluation... But he did hire Flo. That said, my love for Grier was severely compromised with the way he's "mishandled" that gift #3.

I don’t have any data - but I know we haven’t picked a real playmaker since he’s been in charge of drafting. Minkah was / is but.... I truly feel like he is more comfortable drafting in later rounds where the stakes aren’t as high. Guys like Van Ginkel and even Grant have exceeded their draft positions but our 1st and 2nd rounders normally turn into solid starters. Which is fine as long as you hit on some studs in there.
Grier controlled the draft 2019. Wilkins is fine, Deiter below expectations, AVG will play above his draft slot.

When you take a closer look, still don't think he deserves all the trash.

If he’s that good he can be a game changer like Gronk or Kelce or Gonzalez / Gates were. If that’s what we’re talking about in terms of potential, I’m taking him.

Then again, if that’s what his ceiling is, Grier’s sphincter will cinch up and he’ll take someone else - w a “solid player” ceiling. That’s his comfort zone.
He is more than that, he is a wideout that plays tight end. You can move him all over the place, With Parker, Geiski, Williams, Fuller, and throw in a guy like Toney. When healthy we have weapons like KC. We could get real cute and trade up to around 12-14 and get either Waddle or Smith

Miami moving up 2 to get Pitts if hes their target? Atlanta is where the draft starts. Would Flores give up picks to move up again? Bengals are more likely to go Tackle or WR. Falcons are the question mark. They could wreck plan A plans.

Back
Top Bottom