Places Like Buffalo | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Places Like Buffalo

I think there is also a big difference between a teams facility/ground crew/whoever messing with the visitors team locker room, etc. (Ex. Turning up/down the heat/AC, only running cold water, no towels, heaters on side line no working, etc.) and doing something that would be criminal like using pesticides, poisoning or even messing with players food and the like.

I think there is clearly a much more obvious answer as to went went on at the Dolphin’s hotel last weekend. It was obviously the work of…

IMG_2124.gif

Yes they rely on hotel staff for breakfast’s

Hotel kitchen is where food is prepared

You want to know where the hotel gets their food from?

Sysco or Us foods lol, which is 99 percent where hotels get their food from

Dinners players and staff go out to eat.

Dude, every team since traveling to other cities and hotels became a thing does this

If they were poisoned you would hear about it

Perhaps it’s time to think about other woecte of the team

I never even used the word, nor did I imply it. I did use the word "sugar" though. I can attest to the fact that it is not a poison, as such anyway.

And for the sake of argument, wouldn't it be wise for the Dolphins front office to send their own professional dieticians ahead of any away game for the sole purpose of providing all the meals and snacks the team would consume once in place? I'm thinking especially of individual diets and what individual players need as far as protein and carb loading before a game. "Comfort food" is another consideration. Doesn't each player have their own dietary needs on a spread sheet and what works best for them?

Food should be a top area of concern for away games. I wouldn't trust my football team's diet in the hands of strangers; especially when they were playing well.

I never even used the word, nor did I imply it. I did use the word "sugar" though. I can attest to the fact that it is not a poison, as such anyway.

And for the sake of argument, wouldn't it be wise for the Dolphins front office to send their own professional dieticians ahead of any away game for the sole purpose of providing all the meals and snacks the team would consume once in place? I'm thinking especially of individual diets and what individual players need as far as protein and carb loading before a game. "Comfort food" is another consideration. Doesn't each player have their own dietary needs on a spread sheet and what works best for them?

Food should be a top area of concern for away games. I wouldn't trust my football team's diet in the hands of strangers; especially when they were playing well.
Were you not implying that the staff maybe up to some shady business when it came to the food our players were being served?

If not every good hotel staff can adapt to dietary restrictions

So if you’re not implying shadiness then you shoulnt be worried

Players can eat healthy and stick to their diets any where at this level

Here's another thing about the hotel stay for an away game. This is an article about "cheating" from Matt Bowen, former Rams safety and current sports reporter.

Hotel rooms for the visiting teams? Man, you don't want to leave a game plan or anything like that laying around on the nightstand. If you leave for a meeting, a team meal or to check out, you'd better bring your notes with you, because you don't know who is sniffing around those rooms.

Maybe it's a pre-snap check list (think audibles for the offense or the defense). Maybe something bigger. It doesn't matter. That stuff left behind will make its way over to the home team's locker room and be up on the chalkboard at the stadium. One play, one situation where opposing teams can get a jump on the ball, attack a new protection scheme or find a way to target a specific personnel group—they'll make a quick change to the game plan and go play ball.

That's why you get fined $10,000 if you fail to turn in your game-plan book on Sunday morning at the stadium.

Don't think it doesn't happen. Playbooks are handed out weekly, and you have to understand that they "travel." I wouldn't call them "stolen," but those things show up in every team facility across the league. I saw plenty during my time in the league. And those playbooks are as good a resource as you can have as you go through game prep. Terminology, formations, two-minute concepts, red-zone routes and so on.

We're talking about Buffalo, NY. I would argue that the general population of Buffalo cares very much about the Bills.

Keep in mind, for everyone else who is mocking my post. All I'm doing is asking questions...and as of right now, no one in the forum has answered any of them. Perhaps someone on the inside of the Dolphin organization hangs out here and can answer them. I'll patiently wait for that to happen.

Here's another question. When were the hotel rooms last sprayed for pests? That's important to know because the chemicals used in the pesticide could have an effect on people...especially if the treatment was applied within hours of the rooms being occupied.

That followup question is hurting your cause

No. You're not clear. I have not deduced a single thing. I'm asking a series of questions. That's it. Nothing more to it.

I've made no statements that could be considered a conspiracy theory. All I want to know is if anything else might have contributed to the Dolphins collapse last Sunday other than coaching or player assignments.

If taken in context, my questions revolve around "execution"...and things that might have had a negative influence on that aspect.
Ok, and exactly what evidence, clues, logical hunches, critical thinking, etc has led you to believe that these particularly nonsensical questions are in any way worth asking? What reasons do you have to believe that any factors beyond what happened on the football field were responsible for the outcome.

Please, lay out your case as to why the questions you have asked may hold any sort of merit that makes them worth asking, how you decided that there was any reason to ask these particular questions given their outlandish nature, and why anyone should spend even a moment considering them as realistic a possibility. If you are able to do that in any sort of reasonable fashion then you will find that other posts will stop dismissing you as a conspiracy nut, a troll, or worse.

Here's some interesting information: The NFL Player Team Report Card

I actually enjoyed reading through the grades NFL players gave about their team. Miami's was really interesting!

Grade / Category
C+ under Treatment of Families
A under Nutrition
A+ under Weight Room
A+ under Strength Staff
A+ under Training Room

The Miami Dolphins ranked as the 2nd best team in the NFL according to the results. The facilities grade out at the top of nearly every category, the staff is well respected, and the players feel like both the trainers and strength coaches add to their success.

The only complaint among respondents for the Dolphins is that they would like a better post-game family area with more accessibility for players' families.

Our survey results showed that 97% of respondents believe that club owner Stephen Ross is willing to invest money into upgrading the facilities, ranking him 8th in this category.

Doesn't it make sense to have the Miami Dolphins fed by their own professional staff during away games?

We got out coached, out played, and just generally beat down that day. There are no legitimate excuses other than that. Maybe the coaches should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

Ok, and exactly what evidence, clues, logical hunches, critical thinking, etc has led you to believe that these particularly nonsensical questions are in any way worth asking? What reasons do you have to believe that any factors beyond what happened on the football field were responsible for the outcome.

Please, lay out your case as to why the questions you have asked may hold any sort of merit that makes them worth asking, how you decided that there was any reason to ask these particular questions given their outlandish nature, and why anyone should spend even a moment considering them as realistic a possibility. If you are able to do that in any sort of reasonable fashion then you will find that other posts will stop dismissing you as a conspiracy nut, a troll, or worse.

How important is a football team's diet?

How important is a football team's diet?
Here’s a question for you. Is it possible that through an act of necromancy the Bills have brought Marv Levy back to life as an evil lich who now resides in the depths below the stadium in Buffalo, from where he cast spells on the Dolphin’s to affect their play? Shouldn’t the team be sending ghostbusters to investigate?

I’m just asking a series of questions here.

Back
Top Bottom