Places Like Buffalo | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Places Like Buffalo

Here’s the hard truth Dolphin fans are gonna have to get used to (and keep in mind, I say this being a huge fan of Coach McD): Regardless of how a certain team matches up talent wise, some coaches can keep a lot of games close by employing ball control tactics, refusing to put the offense and QB in a position to turn the ball over, punting every time no matter how many 3 and outs are happening, and being ultra conservative on offense and defense in an effort to limit the oppositions big play chances.

That’s not how McD rolls and he’s probably never gonna roll that way. As a result, sometimes we’ll see Miami win big, and for the exact same reasons, sometimes we’ll see Miami lose big.

Some say I’m crazy, but now that the awfulness of last weeks game is over with, I’m not too bothered with it. There’s only a few teams on our schedule that can make Miami pay like that when the coaches or players have an off day.

I still expect to see McD and this team beat the majority of the teams remaining on their schedule and I even expect a few to be absolute blood baths in Miami’s favor.

What does concern me, and what I’ll be looking at as Miami inches closer to January, is how healthy we are on Defense and if Fangio can start to figure **** out. If Fangio is the guy we thought he was, this Defense could look dramatically better in December with healthy versions of Phillips and Ramsey out there. The Fangio/Defense saga will absolutely be the plot line that sinks or swims this season, and if it sinks it, my next question is if McD is willing to bring the axe down on Fangio after such a disappointment.

Here’s a question for you. Is it possible that through an act of necromancy the Bills have brought Marv Levy back to life as an evil lich who now resides in the depths below the stadium in Buffalo, from where he cast spells on the Dolphin’s to affect their play? Shouldn’t the team be sending ghostbusters to investigate?

I’m just asking a series of questions here.

Now who is troll posting...or worse?

Okay. so you obviously place no value at all on team nutrition. Got it.

Now who is troll posting...or worse?

Okay. so you obviously place no value at all on team nutrition. Got it.
Nice try.

You didn’t answer any of the questions I asked you. Obviously diet is important, but that wasn’t what you are getting at, you questioned if their diet had been purposely tampered with. Address why you believe that.

Here's are some catch phrases from some of the comments.

Miami got "out played", "beat down" "had an off day"...etc.

That's what I saw on Sunday. The team just didn't seem to be playing like they did. Did anyone else notice how the Buffalo defense was making tackles all the way into the 4th quarter. They were slamming our guys down on the ground. They were playing fierce!

Team dynamics has always interested me; especially when there's such an obvious collapse after such high-level play.

When it came to executing assignments, was it just poor coaching that did us in? Might it have been something else, too? Since I'm a foodie, I'll always think about that as a possible reason first and foremost.

If my job was to coordinate travel arrangements for the Dolphins, I would not trust any Buffalo hotel and their staff. I would suspect Bills Mafia sabotage as a sure thing to be expected.

So, what do we know about Miami's stay in Buffalo last week? Not a thing. It's a big mystery.

What food was available for the team? Who prepared it? Were there a lot of items on the menu with a lot of sugar?
What were their rooms like? Was it noisy? Were there distractions that kept the team from getting the correct amount of sleep?
When were the air ducts last cleaned? How sanitary were the rooms? What was the attitude of the hotel staff towards the team?

Miami played like ****. Can we really chalk it all up to being unprepared or outclassed? Or were nefarious circumstances involved?
I doubt nefarious circumstances were involved. The Bengals had no problem destroying the Bills there during the playoffs. Plus the Dolphins were very competitive in both games up there last year. They just played like dogshit this past Sunday and got their asses kicked. It's really that simple.

Nice try.

You didn’t answer any of the questions I asked you. Obviously diet is important, but that wasn’t what you are getting at, you questioned if their diet had been purposely tampered with. Address why you believe that.

Now that is a flat out lie. No where did I even say that.

When I asked about who prepared the food, I would naturally want professional dieticians employed by the Dolphins doing that.
When I asked who supplied the food, my question was in the context of quality ingredients.
When I asked what food was available to the team, of course I'm going to ask about sugary stuff, because those are empty carbs. Sodas, too!

My subsequent threads have made it very clear about what my concern is. I don't trust anyone to take care of the Dolphins when they are playing away...except for those employed to do it.

If you blindly trust away city personnel to care for this team 100% as if it were their own team, well then...okay. We differ in opinion about that.

If my job was to coordinate travel arrangements for the Dolphins, I would not trust any Buffalo hotel and their staff. I would suspect Bills Mafia sabotage as a sure thing to be expected.

So, what do we know about Miami's stay in Buffalo last week? Not a thing. It's a big mystery.

What food was available for the team? Who prepared it? Were there a lot of items on the menu with a lot of sugar?
What were their rooms like? Was it noisy? Were there distractions that kept the team from getting the correct amount of sleep?
When were the air ducts last cleaned? How sanitary were the rooms? What was the attitude of the hotel staff towards the team?

Miami played like ****. Can we really chalk it all up to being unprepared or outclassed? Or were nefarious circumstances involved?
I might attribute your theory to instead include the Cheatriots. Communication snafus during games, illegal cams, deflate gate… and those hookers doing business directly below Tannehill’s hotel room window.

Well, all but the last part!😏

Just want to say that in 1972 Canada played a huge hockey series with the Soviet Union.

While they were Russia they were given sub standard living conditions and the Canadians were REALLY angry when the Russians confiscated their beer.

I’m guessing the defence was fed nothing but pancakes, ice cream, popcorn and wings. Because you know what they say, you are what you eat. And they looked like ****.

How many fried chicken wings can a normal guy like most of us put away in one sitting? A dozen or more, right?

How many do you think football players can put away in one sitting? If the Dolphins had access to an unlimited amount of a treat like that, it might have worked to slow them down. Livers are funny organs. They actually use a lot of stored caloric energy to process fried food. It's why many people have a problem with non-alcohol related liver disease. The liver just gets over worked from processing fried food and sugar.

The whole team seemed a bit lethargic to me on Sunday. I really suspect food had a role. It wasn't just one player or two. It was everyone.

Now that is a flat out lie. No where did I even say that.

When I asked about who prepared the food, I would naturally want professional dieticians employed by the Dolphins doing that.
When I asked who supplied the food, my question was in the context of quality ingredients.
When I asked what food was available to the team, of course I'm going to ask about sugary stuff, because those are empty carbs. Sodas, too!

My subsequent threads have made it very clear about what my concern is. I don't trust anyone to take care of the Dolphins when they are playing away...except for those employed to do it.

If you blindly trust away city personnel to care for this team 100% as if it were their own team, well then...okay. We differ in opinion about that.
I‘m just trying to understand what reasonable belief you have that causes you to not trust the away cities personnel. At least a couple of examples of past NFL teams being intentionally sabotaged by the city they are visiting. And no, home fans pulling the hotel‘s fire alarm in the middle of the night does not count.

I‘m just trying to understand what reasonable belief you have that causes you to not trust the away cities personnel. At least a couple of examples of past NFL teams being intentionally sabotaged by the city they are visiting. And no, home fans pulling the hotel‘s fire alarm in the middle of the night does not count.

Well, I guess how I feel about away cities stems from how many away games I've attended over the years. The one in Buffalo a couple of years ago, omg...that ranks up there in the top five worst with Denver and New England. The fans in those stadiums are regular folk, working class, blue collar, die-hards. In my mind, there's no way they turn that attitude towards visiting teams off.

It's different being a Dolphin fan. We're a pretty chill bunch until you mess with us. Hard Rock is a party place, and not one where you'll get a beer thrown at your back if your supporting the visiting team.

And Miami is one of those cities visiting teams can enjoy, because not everyone there is a football fan...like they are in Buffalo.

Just so we’re clear, on the heels of your thread last week about how the Bills and Josh Allen are both not very good and overrated, you have now deduced that sugar, pesticides, and secret hotel operatives are to blame for the Dolphin’s loss?

That’s what makes logical sense to you as opposed to one football team soundly beating another football team, particularly taking advantage of one Liam Eichenberg?

Like all silly conspiracies, the improbably ornate fiction is always going to be more compelling to some than the simple mundane truth.
I mean, we've all seen the shenanigans that opposing fan bases do. Fire alarms pulled at away hotels, the entire communications issue at almost every Patriots game. For ****'s sake, they poisoned Michael Jordan's pizza before the playoff game in Detroit.

Do I think the Bills mafia would screw with us? ABSOLUTELY. Did they and did it contribute to the game's outcome, who knows?

Back
Top Bottom