Player reactions to Ajayi being traded... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player reactions to Ajayi being traded...

You are naming the running backs, and bad ones. Seeing as we just traded away our ability to have the running game be a large factor (note: I do know that even with Ajayi we were not doing much, but that was as much to do with playcalling and general offensive ineptitude), I'm worried about losing the receiving corps who will now have to carry the load as well as the defense.

If it is true that Ajayi was complaining to everyone in the locker room about his stats, and demanding the ball more, and that Gase was indeed actually compromising the play-calling to humor him, do you think the receiving corps is going to be that sorry to see him gone?

Pretty sure Gase would be more worried about losing his job than the locker room. Shula, Lombardi, Belli (yuck listing him among these greats) would NEVER worry about losing the locker room over losing games.

Any chance we can modify the Eagles trade to include Pouncey? I'd be willing to make their 4th a 5th or 6th rounder instead. As long as he's on the field it won't really matter who we have at RB unless the offense goes pass first. At this point in his career he's kryptonite to a good running game.

Seeing as he spent the last 15-20 years of his career without an effective one, I'm not so sure that Shula would be the best person to consult on a running back.

People forget Ajayi has had attitude issues and was left home from Seattle. If you paid attention the last couple weeks you knew the possibility of trades and cuts was coming. If the guy doesn’t want to get with the program then by all means get rid of him.

I think the return clearly indicates how much they wantd him out.

Do you think Gase just lost Kenyan Drake and Damien Williams, who will be getting more opportunities? What about Senorise Perry, who has been buried on the depth chart and probably busting his *** just to stay on the team? You think he lost them?

We're gonna find out Sunday.
Can’t wait for them to run into the non existent holes our line makes.

People forget Ajayi has had attitude issues and was left home from Seattle. If you paid attention the last couple weeks you knew the possibility of trades and cuts was coming. If the guy doesn’t want to get with the program then by all means get rid of him.

I think the return clearly indicates how much they wantd him out.

But but Gase can't handle his players.

Seeing as he spent the last 15-20 years of his career without an effective one, I'm not so sure that Shula would be the best person to consult on a running back.

That's true but not the point I was trying to make.

Maybe those who dont want to put in the work that Gase has been talking about. If so, get rid of them.

How do you think guys that put in the effort after hours studying and learning the offense feel?

Yup exactly!! Was Coach Gases TNF enough for a wake up call to our "best" players he was calling out? Apparently Ajayi didn't seem to take it seriously. Coach has been saying it for weeks..Lack of execution has been killing us. I'd be super pissed as coaches if they don't even know the plays.

Maybe those who dont want to put in the work that Gase has been talking about. If so, get rid of them.

How do you think guys that put in the effort after hours studying and learning the offense feel?

Judging by the results this season it may be difficult to find anyone who's done that. Then again it apparently only takes 10 seconds on the field to figure out the play we're running... if you're the opposing defense. We seem to have based our playbook off of tecmo bowl or maybe even the vibrating player game (whatever it's called I'm sure was a lot less dirty sounding)

Sure this will start to fill up throughout the day...

Gase did the same thing last year after 4 games. He booted 3 OL guys to make a point. He is trying to build what the Cheater has build in NE. A system that works regardless of the players that are there.."Plug and Play"

You mean the same Dolphins who tried to bury him and left him at home for the opener last year in favor of a guy who couldn't average 3 YPC before he tore his achilles tendon, and then who rode him for only their second playoff berth in 15 years after he emerged despite that?

GJV5r.gif

If it is true that Ajayi was complaining to everyone in the locker room about his stats, and demanding the ball more, and that Gase was indeed actually compromising the play-calling to humor him, do you think the receiving corps is going to be that sorry to see him gone?

Of course they are
Bet they'll maintain the 3.4 yards per carry average.

And combined they'll probably also not ever get the 1,272 yards Ajayi got last year in a season. Selling low on players is a terrible, terrible strategy.

Back
Top Bottom