Playoff Picture Simplified | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoff Picture Simplified

I thiught my post was so much more interesting than yours. And i even included that first sentence EXACTLY for people like you.

you’re welcome!

.. i think an overwhelming majority here enjoy a post laying out clearly in one place what the status quo is. I myself was surprised at how positive our position is.

Good deal! Just my opinion. Which it seems a lot of folks have a hard time dealing with "opinion" in times of such CRUDE polarity.

Anyway --- forgive me if I in any way hurt your feelings and/or in some way offended your expectations of how your post might be responded to. It was, after all, uniquely original material!

"you're welcome" back @ya!

:)

Miami wouldn’t win the East outright if New England loses to Pittsburgh and Buffalo and or Jets and Miami wins out. They would both be 10-6 and Miami would win the division by winning the tiebreaker of having a 5-1 division record to New England’s 4-2.

I don’t see this happening because yet again New England is set up to have their last 2 games of the season at home....in fact their 3 last games this year are the exact same last 3 games they had last year: @ Pittsburgh, vs Buffalo, vs jets

BNF- your post just struck me and maybe some others as just strange. Not many people waste their time reading simething theyre not interested in, much less take the time to reply to that post and state theyre completely uninterested in that.

Thank God 99% of the people here dont do that and instead just dont read a thread or dont respond.

This place would be unbearable if it was clogged with posts saying “ I found your post uninteresting. It was really pointless to even discuss the topic you posted on”.

Most just dont read or move on.... im sure there were hundreds of people not interested in my post. im glad they all didnt bother to tell me that! :)

Last edited:
I find the Dolphins situation is somewhat similar to an old German recipe I once saw for hasenpfeffer stew. The first line in the recipe is"..First, catch a rabbit.."

The Dolphins best hope for the playoffs this year require us to sweep the remaining three games (or catch 3 rabbits). While none of these games are a guaranteed win; I expect us to be favored to win each game. The rest is up to the Dolphins. I don't care what the Hamsters say; if we make it to the playoffs, especially with the number of injuries we have had to so many of our best players, then we are certainly as much a contender as any other team in the playoffs.

If we pull this off we will have won five games in a row, which is a pretty good indicator of how good we would be. For most teams, a 5 game winning streak is considered pretty good. If we make it to the Superbowl, I predict there will be some Hamsters all but hurt complaining we shouldn't be there because it doesn't fit their agenda, never mind the performance of the team under some very trying circumstances this year.

What seems to be getting ignored is that if we do make the playoffs, it will be the second time in three years. You would think most fans would be happy with a coach that can do that!

if we make the PLAYOFF$ i might summasault over a glass table

been a crazy year lotta ups n downz but figgaren this skedual with so many tie breaking sunarios it makes my blud boyal

rob groundkowski LOL

i tried to play with the playoffo machine

i have us
L vs @Minnesota
W vs Jags
W vs @Bills (this one is going to be really difficult)

Ravens:
W vs Tampa
L vs @Chargers
W vs Cleveland

Titans:
L vs@Giants
W vs Wahsignton
L vs Colts

Colts:
L vs Cowboys
W vs Giants
W vs@Titans

It gives me this playoff picture
upload_2018-12-12_12-56-17.png

So we going to NE and prboably lose there

I don’t see this happening because yet again New England is set up to have their last 2 games of the season at home....in fact their 3 last games this year are the exact same last 3 games they had last year: @ Pittsburgh, vs Buffalo, vs jets

Looks like the NFL hand picked the teams with the least chance against them to end the season. Hmm.....

Brady is 8-2 vs the Steelers (80%)
Brady is 29-3 vs Bills (90%)
Brady is 26-7 vs Jets (79%)

Brady is 63-12 vs the 3 teams he has left to face. (84%)

Just hard to see them loosing with those percentages.

Even simpler: using ESPN simulator, choose "team with better record wins"; and then adjust the ties to have home team win. That gets the Dolphins in whether or not they beat Minnesota. That tells me there is a real chance...

Back
Top Bottom