Playoff Scenarios | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoff Scenarios

you and me both

forget the jets and pats, the one team i hate the most is pittsburgh. i hope we killem and everything else falls into place for them. that way we can be the reason they dont make it
if the steelers dont make the playoffs, it wouldnt be bc of us. yes we would be the final nail in the coffin, but im sure they will look at losses like oakland cleveland and kc to the reason as to why they didnt make the playoffs.

Well, Miami is officially the bottom of the playoff teams, even Jacksonville now has the tiebreaker over us because of conference record or common games.

Miami needs to beat Pittsburgh, Cleveland has to beat Jacksonville, Oakland has to beat Baltimore, Cincinnati has to beat New York, and New England has to beat Houston for Miami to get in.

Actually, that's not correct, we own the head to head tibreaker with the jags since we beat them, however we lose the tiebreaker in a three-way or four-way tie via conference record.
Doesn't really matter anyway, although we're still mathematically in, we need a miracle to get in.

I keep reading that the Bengals and Patriots are going to be resting their starters in week 17. So teams don't care about 3rd seed vs 4th seed thing? Lets say both teams keep winning then the 3rd seed team would host the AFC Championship game. Wouldn't you rather be playing that game at home.Just saying I don't understand why either team would rest their starters with a chance at hosting the Championship game on the line.Not that I care about either team or really see that happening, but for those teams if your heading into the playoffs it's something that I would think would be worth playing for.

Dolphins On Life Support..Almost Dead...But Still Breathing

I Know We Don't Have The Best Shot but We Are Not Eliminated Yet N The Playoffs Are Getting Crazy

The Water Is Low On Us But Not Low Enough To Keep US From Breathing Yet!

First Thing First We Need To Beat Pitt

Then We Need Cleveland To Beat The Jaguars Which Can Happen Since Cleveland Is On A 3 Gm Winning Streak. Anyone Want 4 I Know I Do.

Then We Need Oakland To Beat Ravens. Lets Pray That The Raiders Have 1 More In Them. COME BACK GRADKOWSKI.

The We Need Cincinnati to Beat The Jets. Dam Jets Got A Win Vs Backups. It Be Nice If We Had The Colts In Week 16. I Think Cincy Can Do This Since They Are Still Playing To Move Up In The Seeding

Then We Need Are Most Hated Rival To Beat The Texans Since We Couldn't Handle There Early Attack. We Came Back And It Was A Valiant Effort But Jeez We Sucked In The Beginning.

Denver Doesn't Matter Anymore To Us Win Or Lose If This All Goes Down Like This They Are In.

Lots To Happen But At least Its NOT OVER YET.

I Know We Don't Have The Best Shot but We Are Not Eliminated Yet N The Playoffs Are Getting Crazy

Then We Need Cleveland To Beat The Jaguars Which Can Happen Since Cleveland Is On A 3 Gm Winning Streak. Anyone Want 4 I Know I Do.

Then We Need Oakland To Beat Ravens. Lets Pray That The Raiders Have 1 More In Them. COME BACK GRADKOWSKI.

The We Need Cincinnati to Beat The Jets. Dam Jets Got A Win Vs Backups. It Be Nice If We Had The Colts In Week 16. I Think Cincy Can Do This Since They Are Still Playing To Move Up In The Seeding

Then We Need Are Most Hated Rival To Beat The Texans Since We Couldn't Handle There Early Attack. We Came Back And It Was A Valiant Effort But Jeez We Sucked In The Beginning.

Denver Doesn't Matter Anymore To Us Win Or Lose If This All Goes Down Like This They Are In.

i just got in my truck and im headed to foxborough to tell brady i never meant any of those things i said

You didn't answer my questionS. So obviously you haven't been following the NFL this year. We will talk at the end of the game after the Texans win.

I honestly could care less one way or the other...but you seem to be rooting for the Texans just a little bit too hard, unless they are your team? :oops:

I honestly could care less one way or the other...but you seem to be rooting for the Texans just a little bit too hard, unless they are your team? :oops:

I'm not routing for either team, but everything points to a Texans win.

1. The Patriots have yet to beat an above average team when playing away from Foxboro. Their 2 wins came against Tampa in London and a close game against Buffalo.

2.The Patriots defense has struggled against top passing games especially on the road.The Texans have the 2nd best Passing game in the NFL.

3. Tom Brady and the New England offense have struggled on the road this year especially in the 4th quarter. Brady's last game away from Foxboro he was 11-23 115 yds 1td.

4.The Texans are playing at home in a huge game trying to reach the goal of their first winning season ever while stealing a possible playoff spot. The Patriots are playing for better seeding in the playoffs.

Schaub and the Texans passing game should have similar success to what guys like Manning, Brees, Orton, and Henne had against the Patriot's defense. When they're playing on the road the Patriot's defense isn't much better than the Dolphins.I do not see the Patriots slowing the Texans' offense down.The only chance they have is outscoring them.The way the Patriots' offense has played on the road all year and the way they have choked in the 4th quarter, I just do not see that happening.

I call the games the way I see them, no matter what anyone else may think.I will also say this, neither the Patriots or Texans (if they make it in of course) will go far in the playoffs. Neither team is complete enough to win a playoff game in either San Diego or Indianapolis.

I could question you're loyalty to the Dolphins and accuse you of being a Patriots fan, but there's no need to stoop to that level.I don't know you might have been hanging out with the mullet haired time traveling guy, and just returned from 2007 impairing your judgement a little in regards to this years Patriots' team.

Wouldn't we need Jacksonville to lose too? Technically they're in better shape than we are conference wise.

What needs to happen 4 us 2 get in not AS crazy as everyone thinks

Before I get killed on here, I'm not saying the stars wouldn't need to aligned just right but I have reason to at least still hold out for a miracle.

Browns beat the Jags
Reason it could happen:

Browns have won 3 in a row and have played well since their bye week even playing good teams close

Jags have lost 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5

Games in Cleavland

Raiders beat the Ravens
Reason:

Pretty simple really, east coast team going out west after a road game the week before.

Baltimore just isn't that good and have benefited from a very soft schedule and Oakland isn't as bad as people think especially at home.

Bengals beat the Jets
Reasons:

Cincinnati unlike Indy actually does still have something to play for. A loss could be the difference in being the 4th seed instead of the 3rd and that means something, like a possible extra home game. So they won't be laying down.

Mark Sanchez has the ability to blow up in any game at any time.

So that brings us to our Dolphins and hey maybe they figure out how to finally put together two goods halves of football.

I know the likely hood of all of this happening is about as good as Ginn ever leading the league in receptions but hey a guy can dream.

For all the a**wipes that are gonna rip this thread and say we don't deserve to get in.........give me a break you'll be cheering if it happened.

Oh yeah I just realized the Pats have to beat the Texans as well......Pats are in the same boat as Cincy and will be playing for seeding to so hopefully Houston doesn't screw us two weeks in a row....that would suck.

i definitely see the cinci beating jets, pats beating texans...and i actually do see EITHER jags losing to the browns OR ravens losing to oakland in the black hole but just cant see them BOTH happening

Too much needs to go our way and being truthful we dont deserve to go to the playoffs. No team deserves playoff football when they are giving teams 20 point head starts when they need to win. With the way things panned out we would have controled our destiny if we had of taken care of business against two average sides.

haha i love the people that say "we dont deserve to go to the playoffs".. who gives a sh*t*..

you guys realize that football is the one sport where ONLY 16 games are played in a 1 year calender.. that sucks for us football junkies! so to be able to watch our favorite team play even ONE more game makes me the happiest guy for that one week. and once the playoffs starts, all bets are off and that extra excitement is a beautiful thing! so maybe the fins dont deserve it, but us fans do!

Back
Top Bottom