Playoff Scenarios | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoff Scenarios

I'm not routing for either team, but everything points to a Texans win.

1. The Patriots have yet to beat an above average team when playing away from Foxboro. Their 2 wins came against Tampa in London and a close game against Buffalo.

2.The Patriots defense has struggled against top passing games especially on the road.The Texans have the 2nd best Passing game in the NFL.

3. Tom Brady and the New England offense have struggled on the road this year especially in the 4th quarter. Brady's last game away from Foxboro he was 11-23 115 yds 1td.

4.The Texans are playing at home in a huge game trying to reach the goal of their first winning season ever while stealing a possible playoff spot. The Patriots are playing for better seeding in the playoffs.

Schaub and the Texans passing game should have similar success to what guys like Manning, Brees, Orton, and Henne had against the Patriot's defense. When they're playing on the road the Patriot's defense isn't much better than the Dolphins.I do not see the Patriots slowing the Texans' offense down.The only chance they have is outscoring them.The way the Patriots' offense has played on the road all year and the way they have choked in the 4th quarter, I just do not see that happening.

I call the games the way I see them, no matter what anyone else may think.I will also say this, neither the Patriots or Texans (if they make it in of course) will go far in the playoffs. Neither team is complete enough to win a playoff game in either San Diego or Indianapolis.

I could question you're loyalty to the Dolphins and accuse you of being a Patriots fan, but there's no need to stoop to that level.I don't know you might have been hanging out with the mullet haired time traveling guy, and just returned from 2007 impairing your judgement a little in regards to this years Patriots' team.

You're forgetting the most important part. If you blink you will mis Brady. Pats have nothing to play for and are beat up. They will cut their losses and get healthy for the playoffs.

the CHEIFS have to beat the BRONCOS also..not happening...37 years no CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I came in here to post this - we need the browns, chiefs, raiders and bengals to win to make it..

i just dont see it happening..

And if it does play out, we get NE in Foxboro.. :(

Actually, we don't need the Chiefs to beat the Broncos.

We need to win, the Jets need to lose, the Ravens need to lose, the Texans need to lose, and the Jaguars need to lose.

Actually, we don't need the Chiefs to beat the Broncos.

We need to win, the Jets need to lose, the Ravens need to lose, the Texans need to lose, and the Jaguars need to lose.

hmmm... i just ran this through the playoff generator and you are right... :thanks:

This is what needs to happen:

Raiders need to beat Ravens (at Oak)
NE needs to beat Hou (in Hou)
Cle needs to beat Jax (in Cle)
Cincy needs to beat NYJ (in NJ)

oh yeah, Miami needs to beat Pitt.

Sorry folks. Not only won't Miami make the playoffs this year. THEY DON'T DESRVE IT!

I honestly could see Bmore, NYJ, Jags and Houston falling.

But I don't know if this team is hungry enuff to beat a hungry Pitt team next week. That would impress the hell out of me.

We don't need Jacksonville to lose.

You need to beat Pittsburgh too, everyone seems to be overlooking that in here.

Texans beat you pretty handily and Pitt is much better then Houston.

Good Luck anyway, I would've loved to have another crack at the Phins this year.

Is there any scenario where we both get in?

If you beat Pitt and Ravens lose, and all that other junk you'd be in right?

Miami Gets In The Playoffs If.......

miami wins + jets lose+ houston lose+ bal lose + jac lose or tie...........o well theres always next year

I'm pretty sure thats about the same scenario the jets were facing yesterday, amazing isnt it?

This is what needs to happen:

Raiders need to beat Ravens (at Oak)
NE needs to beat Hou (in Hou)
Cle needs to beat Jax (in Cle)
Cincy needs to beat NYJ (in NJ)

oh yeah, Miami needs to beat Pitt.

Sorry folks. Not only won't Miami make the playoffs this year. THEY DON'T DESRVE IT!

You right if the season ended today they would not deserve it. Lucky it doesn't and if all those other teams lose (it would be a miracle) and we win then WE WOULD DESERVE IT. I don't hear any Jet fans saying they shouldn't be in because Indy pulled their starters, their just happy to still have a shot. If your a Dolphin fan then you should be happy we still have a chance no matter how small it may be. I bet the Browns, Lions, Bucs and all the other mathematically eliminated teams would love to be able to say that.

We got one more weekend to cheer, be thankful it might at least be for something.

You need to beat Pittsburgh too, everyone seems to be overlooking that in here.

Texans beat you pretty handily and Pitt is much better then Houston.

Good Luck anyway, I would've loved to have another crack at the Phins this year.

Is there any scenario where we both get in?

If you beat Pitt and Ravens lose, and all that other junk you'd be in right?

Oh you mean the Steelers that got beat by KC, Oak and Cle in a 4 game span? If I was a betting man you probably right they beat us, but any team can beat another one any given week.

To answer your question there is no way both the Jets and Dolphins get in because your one of the teams we need to lose in order to get in. That sucks because trust me every Dolphin fan would love to get our 4th in a row over you guys in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom