Playoff Scenarios | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoff Scenarios

We had our chances, and we blew it.

If it happens it happens, I just want a good effort against the Steelers.

Would be nice to watch the Sunday Night game knowing if the Jets loses we would get in.

The problem is that we would have to win. The uninspiring manner they have played the last 2 weeks doesn't really make me feel that we have what it takes to beat any good team, and the steelers are good. Funny thing is, that I think all of those teams could win, and help us get in, but.....7-9 here we come.

haha i love the people that say "we dont deserve to go to the playoffs".. who gives a sh*t*..

you guys realize that football is the one sport where ONLY 16 games are played in a 1 year calender.. that sucks for us football junkies! so to be able to watch our favorite team play even ONE more game makes me the happiest guy for that one week. and once the playoffs starts, all bets are off and that extra excitement is a beautiful thing! so maybe the fins dont deserve it, but us fans do!

The fans certainly do deserve better after the way this team played the first half in its last two games, but the team doesn't. These players knew what they had to do and they collapsed. They cracked under the pressure and in a big way.

Yeah....not happening. We've been talking about scenarios the past two weeks and the two biggest scenarios we needed to have happen the last two weeks, WINS, have been complete FAILS.

Not only that, but the team has been playing inconsistent football as of late and can't seem to put a WHOLE great game together (not just one quarter or one half). I doubt we find that complete game against the CHAMPS who are just desperate to get in the playoffs themselves after they were left for dead just a few weeks ago.

I am more excited about the Draft on what we do over this Winter through FA/Trades
I believe next year we will be very competitive and win alot of games by larger margins and beat winning teams, not like this year as we really didnt beat anyone good!
We are laying a good foundation for many years to come!

Before I get killed on here, I'm not saying the stars wouldn't need to aligned just right but I have reason to at least still hold out for a miracle.

Browns beat the Jags
Reason it could happen:

Browns have won 3 in a row and have played well since their bye week even playing good teams close

Jags have lost 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5

Games in Cleavland

Raiders beat the Ravens
Reason:

Pretty simple really, east coast team going out west after a road game the week before.

Baltimore just isn't that good and have benefited from a very soft schedule and Oakland isn't as bad as people think especially at home.

Bengals beat the Jets
Reasons:

Cincinnati unlike Indy actually does still have something to play for. A loss could be the difference in being the 4th seed instead of the 3rd and that means something, like a possible extra home game. So they won't be laying down.

Mark Sanchez has the ability to blow up in any game at any time.

So that brings us to our Dolphins and hey maybe they figure out how to finally put together two goods halves of football.

I know the likely hood of all of this happening is about as good as Ginn ever leading the league in receptions but hey a guy can dream.

For all the a**wipes that are gonna rip this thread and say we don't deserve to get in.........give me a break you'll be cheering if it happened.

Oh yeah I just realized the Pats have to beat the Texans as well......Pats are in the same boat as Cincy and will be playing for seeding to so hopefully Houston doesn't screw us two weeks in a row....that would suck.

Dude. At this point it doesn't really matter. This is the third week that we have been having this conversation about what needs to happen. And in both weeks they have fell our way. The sad thing about that is for those weeks the team didnt hold their side of the bargain. They crap all over themselves and spent the second half trying to clean up the mess. After what youve seen do you honestly think we can beat pittsburgh? And even, by some improbable chance, if we get in the playoffs, it's going to be one and done easy. I'm not worried about what others team need to do, I worried about this team trying to win a game.

It's possible that things could break our way but counting on us getting a win at this point is looking very unlikely to say the least. I'll settle for us actually playing a complete game against Pittsburgh next week. I mean actually compete on offense, defense, and special teams for the entire 4 quarters. Seriously, how about we show that we can actually play pass defense for 4 quarters?

Anything can happen in the NFL but what would give any of us confidence in this team with what we've seen at this point? We've shown flashes of good and bad and plenty of inconsistency, not exactly what you want to build a playoff run on.

Could see the Browns beating the Jags, because the Browns have been playing well and the Jags have packed it in.

Could see the Raiders upsetting the Ravens, because they have upset several teams already this year.

Don't see the Patriots winning in Houston. Have stated why in other threads so I won't do it again here.

Bengals beating the Jets could all depend on what the Patriots do against Houston.If the Patriots win, I don't believe the Bengals would have anything left to play for so they would most likely rest their starters Sunday night. I don't see the Bengals backups beating the Jets.

Which brings us to the last and most important game of this miracle merry go round.
Can the Dolphins beat the Steelers. Sure they can. WILL the Dolphins beat the Steelers, as much as I would like to have faith in my team they have not shown the ability to take advantage of opportunities thrown their way.They have not shown the ability to play a complete game lately.

Every opportunity the Dolphins have been given this year they've blown. They should have beaten Buffalo and would have been playing for the Division. They should have beaten the Titans and they could have still won the Division or at least put themselves in position for a wildcard. They should have beaten the Texans and would still have been in good position for a wildcard. They've run out of lives, and only have themselves to blame for it.Fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me. How many times are we going to be fooled this year before we realize that this team is not ready for the playoffs.

It's about that time to start thinking about the draft and free agency.

Mathematically...

We are still alive. I don't know how, but this is my guess:

WITH MIAMI WIN
:

NYJ loses to CIN
DEN loses to KC
HOU loses to NE
BAL loses to OAK

You see, we still have a chance :)

We are still alive. I don't know how, but this is my guess:

WITH MIAMI WIN
:

NYJ loses to CIN
DEN loses to KC
HOU loses to NE
BAL loses to OAK

You see, we still have a chance :)

I think you may be wrong here, but I think Jacksonville would have to lose, too. Even though we beat them in head to head, they somehow beat us in a 3 or 4 way tie. Regardless, this would be so much easier if the NFL just expanded the playoffs to 8 teams per conference. I'm so sick of this bye week that the 1st and 2nd seed get. No other sport does that crap.

That's what I thought too. I actually had them on the list then I checked NFL.com and we were ahead of them so I removed them.

Theres no chance OAK and KC win in the same week. And the Jets are a hungry team with playoffs on the line vs a team who has already clinched their division.

Oh.. and the dolphins don't start trying until the 2nd half. Thats a lot to overcome.

We all know it's not going to happen. But atleast we have a small chance.

And I think Cincy is going to play their hardest the rest of the year.

Back
Top Bottom