Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021?

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Draft Murray Now, Wait for Tua In 2020...or Lawrence in 2021?

• Total voters
I love all three, but Murray is available now so get him now.

Regarding Lawrence -- if we draft well/build the team properly in 2019 and 2020, then we won't be drafting #1 overall in 2021. I doubt anyone is passing out of that slot even for a ransom. He's a generational prospect.

Jalen Hunts will go to Oklahoma and be better than Tua and Murray. Trevor is the real deal.
Lol, no he won't. No chance. He doesn't have anything close to the arm talent of Tua & Murray.

I do think he'll find great success with Lincoln Riley, but he's not close to that level at all.

I would wait for 2020 and take the Best Player Available in this years draft. There are a lot of holes to fill especially on defense which this draft is deep in. The problem with Murray as someone pointed out, he reminds me of Pat White. The second issue is that a team could be wasting a first round pick on someone who may go play baseball. Thus Murray = great risk. The fins cannot make up for poor drafting since Dan Marino and reach for QB's that are mediocre. If they trade down and obtain picks and want to take a risk, that is another story. Face it, we are going to be cellar dwellers for a few years.

I voted Murray. If I had to rank all three right now, factoring age, ceiling, prototype size, arm, mobility, presence, etc, I would go:

1. Lawrence.
2. Murray
3. Tua

Simply because Lawrence is a true freshman, with the perfect frame whose clearly going to be an absolute star. It's not like I don't love Tua also but he's not as can't miss as Lawrence is. Murray is in the middle of them and is the one I would be going for because he's got that ability to escape pressure, he'll need that in Miami and it's becoming a more and more important trait for QBs as line play becomes more of an issue. He'll kill you with his feet too, the other two are more pocket passers. The other reason I picked Murray is that I'm a firm believer in "a bird in your hand is worth two in the bush". He's there and available to us if we are aggressive. We could intentionally tank and get the #1 pick next year and Tua blows his knee or something and decides he needs to go back to Bama for his senior year to prove his fitness. Two years is too long to wait on Lawrence, heck we could even do both Murray and Lawrence if we draft Murray and it doesn't work out, when end up with the first pick in 2021 (assuming Lawrence declares of course).

Lol, no he won't. No chance. He doesn't have anything close to the arm talent of Tua & Murray.

I do think he'll find great success with Lincoln Riley, but he's not close to that level at all.

He has a way better head on his shoulders and that will make up for his arm talent. Plenty of QBs with great arm talent did nothing in the PROs.

Thing is Tua was a true freshman as well when he came in last year in the last half of the championship game to beat Ga. which catapulted him into a star, can’t miss territory. I like what I see from Trevor, let’s see how he handles his sophomore season.

I still think Tua is a star, love everything about the kid, and I hope this team has a chance to draft him.

Can I start a thread C*ck block the Lock, because I want nothing to do with Jay Cutler part 2? Or I’d rather kick stones than Jones?

I said other because the only guy I have seen play was Tagliatelle against Clemson. And all I could think was, “why would anyone suck for this guy”?

There's no way they are going to be able to address all the holes they already have right now. It doesn't make any sense to create even more holes where they simply aren't needed right now. They are still going to need to field full team. Not sure a rotator cuff tear is "breaking down," but whatever. The real problem is a lack of depth. Same goes for Kilgore.

I'm willing to pay him whatever the market demands. The salary cap doesn't keep me up at night. A good GM can manage that kind of salary. If we don't have a good GM, then none of this matters anyways. "injury prone" :lol: Man, we really need to draft more of those invincible players in a contact sport.

Yeah....we definitely need more players like DeVante Parker, so we can dream about the amazing potential (once they get out of the training room).

There is a pattern that seems to happen with players when they get to a certain age (some younger). William Hayes, Josh Sitton, etc. This organization has been playing that card for far too long. You can bring Sitton back at $7M, count on him to fill a key role and then he gets hurt again and then where are we? It's not just the cap space, its planning on them being there when the pattern shows they probably won't be.

Over the last 3 years, starting at age 30, Sitton has missed 3 games, 3 games and then 15 games. William Hayes starting at age 31 missed 2 games, 6 games and 13 games. That's not a trend in the right direction. Kilgore is 31 and not that good to begin with....

JaWuan James is pretty durable...every other year....

2014 16 games
2015 7 games
2016 16 games
2017 8 games
2018 15 games

I like Murray. If he can put on a bit more muscle to increase his durability without losing the athlete, he can be a long lasting NFL QB like Russ.

Yeah....we definitely need more players like DeVante Parker, so we can dream about the amazing potential (once they get out of the training room).

There is a pattern that seems to happen with players when they get to a certain age (some younger). William Hayes, Josh Sitton, etc. This organization has been playing that card for far too long. You can bring Sitton back at $7M, count on him to fill a key role and then he gets hurt again and then where are we? It's not just the cap space, its planning on them being there when the pattern shows they probably won't be.

Over the last 3 years, starting at age 30, Sitton has missed 3 games, 3 games and then 15 games. William Hayes starting at age 31 missed 2 games, 6 games and 13 games. That's not a trend in the right direction. Kilgore is 31 and not that good to begin with....

JaWuan James is pretty durable...every other year....

2014 16 games
2015 7 games
2016 16 games
2017 8 games
2018 15 games

Ah, another one that misrepresents James as "injury prone." He's had two serious injuries that could happen to any player and one minor one that caused him to miss one game. It's flat out dishonest to act like he's "unreliable." Same with Sitton. Prior to a major injury that could happen to any player at any age, he had missed 8 games total in 9 years. If that's unreasonable, then your expectations are a fantasy. Not only must every player be ELITE or they can **** off, they must also be invincible ironmen. Cool plan. Better move on from Tunsil now as he's clearly shown incapable of being completely invincible.

If Sitton's rotator cuff has healed, which is the only question mark (if it hasn't, then none of this matters, because he'd surely be gone), then he's no more prone to injury than any other veteran lineman. Let's consider some of the best linemen out there right now:

Trent Williams: 30 years old and has missed games in all but 2 years.
Tyron Smith: Oh, damn, he's missed 10 games in 8 years. Cowboys should move on.
Andrus Peat: missed 9 games in 4 seasons
Jason Kelce: 31 year old elderly man who has missed 18 games in 8 years.
Zack Martin: I think a lot of us wanted him on this team. He missed 2 games this season, so it looks like we dodged a bullet.
Marshal Yanda: A 34 year old ancient who has missed 30 games in his career (about half of which was early on, you know, like James)
Ali Marpet: missing 8 games in 4 years is completely unacceptable.
Lane Johnson (who will get paid more than James): Who doesn't like this guy? He's got that tough guy look everybody loves. Too bad it's all a facade as he's missed 12 games in 6 years. Hard pass.
Mitch Schwartz: The only ironman in this list, but he's 29 years old, so probably preparing for retirement.

Quenton Nelson hasn't missed a game all year. So, basically, we need an entire line made of Nelsons and younger Schwartz's and anything short is unacceptable. People legitimately consider some random mid-to-late round draft pick as a better option because...uh, the salary cap, I guess.

As for what we do if Sitton goes down, uh, the same thing we do if anybody goes down, which is why we need to develop depth more than anything. Keep Sitton and James, draft a RG relatively early, and keep Davis as a solid backup (unless all-pro backups are required as well). Line is fine. In 2020, draft a LG or C (or both) relatively early and move on from Sitton if it's the former. Line is good and continues the rebuilding process just fine.

Not sure what DeVante Parker has to do with the conversation, but cool.

I said other because the only guy I have seen play was Tagliatelle against Clemson. And all I could think was, “why would anyone suck for this guy”?

Oh man, you would have loved Dan Marino's performance in the '83 Cotton Bowl then. Based on that one game, he had no business being drafted at all.

Back
Top Bottom