Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021?

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Draft Murray Now, Wait for Tua In 2020...or Lawrence in 2021?

• Total voters
What happens if Tua, or Lawrence get injured in the next year or 2? You just tanked for nothing.

Take Murray if you can. If he is great, we win. If he sucks, draft the next guy.

I like Tua. I find the negative overreactions about him to be comical. He may not have reacted well in the Clemson game, but he’s got a lot in his favor. My one concern is he takes a lot of hits and gets nicked. He needs to clean that up to be more Brees-like who avoids hits and has been healthy for like eleven straight years. But, I think he’s like Brees on anticipation. He’s got a sturdy feel along the lines of Wilson but he doesn’t avoid hits as well as Wilson does.

Tua throws with great anticipation and accuracy. He’s the best 2020 guy. I think he’s an order of magnitude better than Fromm who lacks the juice Tua has and doesn’t make anything up with size or physical makeup either. Tua has never looked as ordinary as Fromm does in spots. There are more times than you want where Fromm just can’t move the ball at all for extended stretches. You don’t see that with Tua.

Having said that, it’s complicated, but a really evil genius figures out how to manipulate the system to get Trevor Lawrence. I don’t know that we are smart enough to pull that off. I think there are some other teams that are suspects in that endeavor, including Oakland, Denver, Washington, and some others.

Last edited:
Fromm or Tua in 2020, 2021 pick is Patrick Surtain II

i am not that worry about our offense line. than most people on hear?? why because we win 6 to 10 game last 3 yr. one of problem w line is we change people every yr.
we need get that og spot fix. spend some money on young og.

if one of these qb drop u take him, nobody know which one of these qb is going be great in nfl. than I would take another one later in draft just for GP. I think redskins did it in 2012.it work out well.

I am of the opinion that picking Murray does not necessarily preclude you from taking Lawrence in 2021. I think it DOES take Tua out of the picture. But I feel fairly confident that Murray's height is the only thing that would keep him from being a potential franchise QB. And two years will be enough to know if he can overcome that.

Last edited:
What happens if Tua, or Lawrence get injured in the next year or 2? You just tanked for nothing.

Take Murray if you can. If he is great, we win. If he sucks, draft the next guy.
How do you know he sucks after one year? Considering our patch Oline and average threats

Murray now (doubting he’ll be available), then Tua or Lawrence if that doesn’t pan out. The biggest negative is his size, so if he can’t hack it in the NFL, it won’t take 7 years to find out.

I get your point but ....it didn't take 7 years for most of us to find out RT wasn't the guy...just for the idiot FO to find out or acknowledge it.

I think if Arizona passes on Murray there is a good chance Murray slips to #13

Arizona??? It's almost a foregone conclusion they're gonna take Nick Bosa....why would you think they'd be in play for Murray or any QB?? The 3 teams we have to worry about are the Giants, Jaguars & Broncos.

I am a little worried about Murray but if he is there at 13 i say we have to go that direction. If not then build the DLine or OLine if anyone worth 13 is there, then pick up a 2nd round QB if Grier is there or even Drew Lock. I don't get chance to watch a lot of college football in the UK but i tend to try and watch some film once i know who to look for. So my view is probably not as educated as a lot on here.

Vaark desperately trying to steal my future thread of the year honors. The Tank for Tua Megathread already exists, dammit!

Here is what this armchair GM would do:

2019 Draft: 1st round, take best interior lineman available (O or D), even is Murray is available at 13. If Murray drops to the 2nd round (which I suspect, by the time we get to the draft, his stock will drop due to measurables), then you do whatever you can to get him. If you don't get Murray in the second round, then draft a prospect QB somewhere in rounds 3-5. Either way, you end up with a QB.

2020 Draft: move heaven and earth to get one one the top QBs in round 1.

After the 2020 draft, the 2019 and 2020 QB compete for starting time, and the other is groomed to either eventually start, or as trade leverage.

I’m most definitely still on the Tua train. Kids got excellent football iq, mobile in the pocket, nice arm strength, and great leadership qualities. I like Trevor, but that kid isn’t coming out for another 2-3 years.

As of the this year, our OL looks like.....

LT Tunsil
LG Sitton
C Kilgore - Jake Brendel (RFA)
RG Jessie Davis (ERFA)
RT (no one under contract)

Doubt that Sitton comes back. Not sure about Kilgore returning but he is not good enough or long term. Davis is not good enough. Brendal is injury prone. Swanson is a FA and not good enough. How much money is James willing to take once he hits the market and figures out someone will pay him 10+ per year?

It won't matter much who we put behind center with this line. Spending #13 or higher on a QB? I would have to have a very strong conviction about whoever that is....

If you take a QB at 13, how do you fill all of the other holes? You gonna get the rookie killed in year 1 or sacrifice the defense? We've all seen too many rookie QB's fail without an adequate team around them. I just don't see management spending a bundle in FA to fill the gaps with good enough players.

LG, RG, C, RT, DT, DEx2, CB....

If the FO loves one of the QB's AND he happens to fall then maybe he sits for a year until they can protect him.

Far to many variables involved right now. Murray still hasn’t shutdown baseball which will hurt his draft stock. Can’t necessarily wait for Tua in 2020 because his family wants him to graduate.

If Murray fully commits to the NFL I’d take him. If it doesn’t work then I’d look at 2021 for Trevor Lawrence or the possibility of Tua.

Back
Top Bottom