Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021?

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Draft Murray Now, Wait for Tua In 2020...or Lawrence in 2021?

• Total voters
I chose Lawrence in 2021, just because I think he'll be the best NFL QB. This also gives the Dolphins a couple years to rebuild and put together a better OL to protect him and maybe get some better offensive weapons to help him out.
Also, I chose Lawrence because this was a hypothetical question and assumed we wouldn't have to tank to get him. I am definitely not a supporter of intentionally tanking for 2 years to get him.

I say go with the plan whatever that is if it's to get better and younger on the lines then get a qb in the next year i say do that. Although I would draft a guy this year that could potentially play if for no other reason than to have a Nick Foles type on the team. The fins are rebuilding so I say let the available talent dictate the draft an not position need. M2C

Murray now (doubting he’ll be available), then Tua or Lawrence if that doesn’t pan out. The biggest negative is his size, so if he can’t hack it in the NFL, it won’t take 7 years to find out.

This is actually a pretty good plan only we'd have to hit on our later picks to revamp the lines. If Murray hits we're all set and if he fails we should really suck.

I don't think it works like this... You can't count on these guys coming out on a schedule like this. They could always go back to school. In fact its been rumored that Tua may decide to not enter the draft next year. Remember when Matt Leinart was going to be the consensus number one pick but decided to stay in school and then got drafted 10th or so the next year?

Bottomline, if you are in position to draft a top QB prospect in the draft, you do it until you have a bonafide QB on the roster. So if Kyler Murrary drops to 13 this year, I think you draft him. If he fails year 1 and you are sitting there with a Top 3 pick, you draft Tua/Fromm/Herbert if they are there, and so forth until this QB situation is sorted out.

Uhh ideal world uhh yeah I’m waiting for Trevor Lawrence

Thank you

If you don't have to trade up for Murray, or perhaps if you can trade back and still get him then do it. If we end up in a spot to draft another top QB in 2019 do it again.

Flat out tanking is hard to do and u have no clue who will actually be entering draft, or who will get a devastating injury or regress next year. Too much unknown to count on a flat out tank. Plus if they are doing the rebuild right there is still a good chance we will win 4-6 games and barely be in the top 10 (which may not be high enough).

This is actually a pretty good plan only we'd have to hit on our later picks to revamp the lines. If Murray hits we're all set and if he fails we should really suck.

I don't think the line needs all that much revamping, so I'm not overly concerned about that. 1st round pick shouldn't affect that regardless, given that pretty much any O-lineman would be a reach this year. If we don't go Murray, I want DL or Devin White.

Wow!! I am shocked that there is yet another post about the same thing that has already been discussed ad nauseum on this board since the season ended. :dead:

Feel free to contribute some conversation-worthy OPs to the discussions.

You draft Kyler Murray. With a small QB, you will know pretty quickly in his career whether or not he will be a star.

If he is not, then you will likely be in position to draft Lawrence when he comes out.

Murray now if we can snag him. Dude is a defensive nightmare. Tua will be in great demand and teams will move up for him. Then for Lawrence double those teams willing to make a trade for him.

I don't think it works like this... You can't count on these guys coming out on a schedule like this. They could always go back to school. In fact its been rumored that Tua may decide to not enter the draft next year. Remember when Matt Leinart was going to be the consensus number one pick but decided to stay in school and then got drafted 10th or so the next year?

Bottomline, if you are in position to draft a top QB prospect in the draft, you do it until you have a bonafide QB on the roster. So if Kyler Murrary drops to 13 this year, I think you draft him. If he fails year 1 and you are sitting there with a Top 3 pick, you draft Tua/Fromm/Herbert if they are there, and so forth until this QB situation is sorted out.
Some things are more likely than others though. The entire base upon which Saban has built his dynasty at Alabama has been that he will bet prepare you for the NFL, and if you're good enough, showcase you to the NFL. He follows through on that with his players, and thus both the players and the staff are comfortable letting their talent go early. In fact, they recruit based on that expectation, and use those earlier successes to fuel their future recruiting, which is top notch every year.

So Tua is a guy I think we can be confident will come out in 2020. Likewise, I think that Justin Herbert came back to college for 1 year, so he's someone we can count on being there for 2020 as well. The only one we aren't quite sure about is Jake Fromm, but I'll be quite surprised if he doesn't come out in 2020.

Now, Trevor Lawrence, that kid has his head screwed on well. He has embraced the family element of Clemson, a school that works like a family not a factory, so there's a possibility Lawrence, who is ready for the NFL today, may actually not come out in 2021 … but he's already so far advanced that I see him coming out early as well.

I recommended Justin Herbert should return for another season, because he lacks the accuracy to succeed to his level of talent in the NFL. If he works on his footwork, read and react, and precision throwing, he should improve that accuracy and cement his top 10 draft position.

You'll likely have to move up for a QB this year, but since Miami is also trying to get rid of older players (I think)...

I could see Miami trading Reshad Jones to a team like Tampa for maybe a 3rd round pick and using that as ammo to move up to No. 5 in the draft (if nobody moves up further) to take Haskins or Murray. You could give up pick 13 and a second rounder (or both third rounders) to accomplish that I think.

Or you can take a mid-round QB or two. Like Ta'amu in round 3 and/or Stidham in round 4 just to have some younger blood in the QB room. I wouldn't be upset at all if Miami doubled down in the mid to late rounds on QBs.

And then get a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick as a temporary starter in 2019 while you "groom" the young QBs, and then trade the farm for Tua or Fromm in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom