Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Murray Now, Wait For Tua In 2020...or Lawrence In 2021?

Poll: Best Case Scenario: Draft Murray Now, Wait for Tua In 2020...or Lawrence in 2021?

• Total voters
You draft Kyler Murray. With a small QB, you will know pretty quickly in his career whether or not he will be a star.

If he is not, then you will likely be in position to draft Lawrence when he comes out.

This is a good take.

Honestly, the enthusiasm with which people are ready to lose and lose and lose just to hopefully snag a prospect who we hope to develop to a stud QB completely blows my mind.

Murray now, and if he gets cut in half because hes so small tank for Lawrence in 2021.

I’m the least excited about Tua... who may actually might not come out until 2021 I understand... so waiting for him is foolish... there are several QB’s in this draft worth considering.

I would rather scout and target one this year... where ever drafting your target makes sense...We need to keep trying to land one until we do...not hope and pray we lose enough games next year that we get a QB next year... if they all even come out...Tua might not.

Love Trevor Lawrence but that’s too far away to be a game plan.

We need to take a shot this year... several good prospects.

Last edited:
I'm not high on Murray at all. I think the team builds the lines as much as they can this year, rolls with some young qb who will probably suck, and then goes all in on Tua next April. For those saying Tua might not leave college until 2021, I just dont see that happening. Any QB who thinks he has a shot to go #1 overall next year will enter the draft because they have no shot at all at #1 in 2021 with Lawrence set to enter the draft that year.

In the land of make believe

Not bullieh on smallish QBs no matter how much an athlete pass this year - sell the pick for early picks next year or go dline

Need to lose to ensure we can sell an early pick next year for more picks and have flexibility to sell off to move all in for Lawrence

Need to get early picks you do that by losing lots next year and trading down next year when all those QBs declare - you move back and hold em for 2020

This is the world of make believe

I would draft all three if the opportunity presented itself. By three I mean Tua next year. I am not interested in Fromm or Herbert. Tua is my favorite among the lot. As always I prefer to go back to the beginning. A few months ago Tua was considered easily the best among this group. I don't really care that a handful of results scattered the perspective.

Murray will be fine. For everyone who is scared of his size I always wonder how they view each and every play. Here is Kyler Murray dropping back to pass. Now what are the odds the ball gets batted down? What are the odds he gets hurt?

I'll let others worry about the low percentage stuff. I'll default to normalcy, which is Kyler Murray simply too athletic for defenders to track him down or preventing him from finding an avenue for a lethal downfield opportunity.

Tank? these are good in college but they might not translate to the NFL, Keep Tannehill another year but make sure you have an o-line because if they don't fix that problem I don't care who's the Qb they will get destroyed, The dolphins demise IMHO had very little to to with Tannehill when he was on the field.

A lot could depend on if the Cards and Raiders still believe in Rosen and Carr. If they do then looking at the draft order the first QB off the board could be at number 5 with TB. The Giants could then take the next QB at 6. The Jags would be next at 7, Then the Broncos at 10 and the Bengals at 11 before our pick at 13. This is under the assumption that no team trades up (unlikely). That could be potentially 5 QB's off the board assuming we are content to stay at 13 and the Cards and Raiders don't go for a QB.

Of course there could be a lot of jostling for position via trades so the situation is likely to change. Will we trade up?

It's going to be very hard to get one of the projected best QB's from the 19 draft without trading up. Some are saying that Tyler could drop but in a needy QB draft can we see that happening?

Grier has a job on his hands. Now let's see what he's made of.

I don't think you pass on a player like Murray in the hopes you get something better next year. If you can find your QB now, you get your QB now, If not, you may end up waiting 18 plus years for the right QB.

TL is the best QB out of the 3 and he is only a freshman. He is definitely a much better prospect than Tammehill ever was. I would build the trenches in 2019. If KM falls to us at 13, then I would take him. If not, no way I trade up, I would actually look to trade back and acquire an extra pick.

In the 2019 draft, I would draft a QB in the mid to late rounds. For 2020, I would take a QB in the 1st round; we will likely have a high pick.

Draft Murray, if he can't cut it draft Tua, if he can't cut it draft Lawrence. Lol. We'll hit on a QB at some point. Playing QB is largely based on the system they're in so if these guys aren't successful blame the coaching staff.

Have to see how it works out, and this year's OL group looks worse than last, but Hernandez and Daniels both fell to the 2nd Round. It's plausible to draft Murray in the 1st and then find a high-quality OG in the 2nd. That would be my ideal scenario for this draft. Talent might point elsewhere, though.

I'd take Murray if he's there in the second round. If he's successful he's the shortest successful QB in NFL history. Not saying it can't happen with all the rule changes the last decade, I mean if your a scrambling QB just slide at the last possible second....even if you get hit its a penalty for 15. You can't go at the knees or the head, and you can't land on a guy. So 'fragility' is not a reason to avoid him, just whether he can see over the line or not, and you'll probably have to adjust your offense to get him passing lanes. I would not take him in the 1st round, for the height reason.
My 1st round pick (Haskins if he falls) would be the best defensive player available at 13.
QB in the 2nd if Murray or Daniel Jones is still there. Or I'd take one in the 3rd...Drew Lock perhaps.
I do however think we should draft a QB every year in the first 3 rounds until we find one that can take us to the promised land.

If Murray is there you don't pass. The future isn't guaranteed, how do we know if we could land tua next year or Trevor the year after

Back
Top Bottom