POLL: Grade Philbin and Staff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL: Grade Philbin and Staff

Grade Philbin and Staff

• Total voters

Dominate

I just want to WIN !
Reaction score
Give a letter grade to the quality of work you thought Philbin and his coaching staff produced this season and discuss.

For the most part I was pleased with what Philbin and his staff did this season. Some areas that need to be fixed but good job in their first year. I chose B.

Philbin
B: He had a good season for a first year HC. He made some mistakes, but overall the team looked prepared and ready to go. We just don't have the roster to win yet.

Coyle
B-: The defense didn't make a lot of plays, but they stopped teams from scoring. We had the best red zone defense in the league. I believe the offense failed the defense. If the offense scored more points, the defense would be praised. We'd win more games if we scored more points. He did a solid job with a lot of holes in the secondary and with little pass rush.

Sherman:
C-: The offense has little talent, and very little to work with. However, I questioned his play calling too much like throwing it deep when we needed to run the ball, and giving up on the run game after one run fails.

Rizzi:
B+: ST was consistent all year. They had some downpoints, but that happens to everyone. Our return game was good, and our ST made a lot of plays at times. Very impressed here.

Overall, I give them a B. They need more to work with.

I gave them a solid B. Did a good job with the roster given to him considering the installation of a new offense, and changing to a 4-3 defense. I like how Philbin carries himself and the way he communicates. Mistakes were made, but I believe he is smart enough to learn from them. Excited to see what he can do with an improved roster next season. Very glad we did NOT get Fisher.

Same as Nubs but i gave them a C, now if we won the last game it would be a B..............

Solid B.

Our team played well beyond our talent level. Credit goes to the coaching staff. Philbin seems to have won over the locker room and made game day decision improvements as the year went on. I think Coyle did a fine job as our defensive cordinator. Its only Sherman who raised red flags at times. His play calling was sporadic and his eagerness to abandon the run was troubling. Regardless, in later games we went back to the run more and won some.

I hope the entire staff returns next season.

"B" should be "good" and "B+" should be "very good" IMO.

I gave them a "B" cause generally I'm pleased with the philosophy, direction, position coaches and how our players are being developed as a result. If not for being not as pleased with Sherman's playcalling and the manner in which Joe benched Reggie, the hardest working player on the team, I would have upgraded to the "+".

With a rookie QB major holes on the O line, Secondary, WR and we won 7 games and 4 of our loses to NE twice Sanfran Houston three of them on the road.
Pretty solid year

B. Defense played much better than I expected, especially with a switch back to the 4-3. Offensively, we really struggled, but that was to be expected with the lack of talent and overall youth. Overall, better than expected but plenty of room to improve.

I'd say incomplete.
He was working with a lot of guys that he was handed.
Lets see next year and the year after when he has his guys in there.
That being said, I would give him a B for what he had to work with.

We were 2-5 against teams with a winning record and 7-9 overall. Can't give anyone with that record anything above a C. If this wasn't Philbin's 1st year it would be D+ but I give him a pass for dealing with an offense ill prepared to compete due to the total garbage Ireland gave him to work with.

If we don't see massive improvement in talent this off season Philbin will have his work cut out for him with next year's schedule being far more difficult. That's what makes Ireland being retained so disappointing to me given our need our for multiple playmakers and his inability to produce any through the draft.

B for better than I expected. So now what lets get better.

It's grade C for me, there is a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom