POLL: Make your way too early 2024 Win Total prediction | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL: Make your way too early 2024 Win Total prediction

How many wins will we have in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so far the votes total to slightly more than half of respondents not being terribly optimistic....10 wins or less, which means more of same. kissing your sister. same dolphins as the last 24 years. whoever is at 13 wins or more, step up and declare your reasons! also fess up as to which drugs you are on, and where I can get em!!!!

I feel we will improve a bit over last season because:

1) Many of our FA that will leave us have peaked or have reduced availability - so their loss is not likely to be that bad as long as we can supply replacements of slightly less capability, but who can stay on the field game after game. That should result in increased continuity from game to game. That is likely to be seen as a positive when the season is over.

2) Getting a new OC could actually make us a better defensive team IF he can make better use of the players we have.

3) We now have the speed we need and can draft for players with better size and catching ability to provide a complete "threat level" on offense and force teams to reduce coverage on our speedsters.

4) We can spend this draft on an Offensive Center, a Defensive Linebacker and some bigger, better TE's. That should make us both more dangerous at many positions and less vulnerable due to an enhanced OL that can produce more due to better continuity as a group.

I'm not looking for giant steps in improvement all over. I am looking for smaller steps for improvement in areas where we were weak, or about to get weaker. This would go a long way to more consistent Offensive and Defensive play, resulting in a slightly improved W-L record.

Don't forget that other teams are changing and getting better this upcoming season, so this is not all cut and dried.

I feel we will improve a bit over last season because:

1) Many of our FA that will leave us have peaked or have reduced availability - so their loss is not likely to be that bad as long as we can supply replacements of slightly less capability, but who can stay on the field game after game. That should result in increased continuity from game to game. That is likely to be seen as a positive when the season is over.

2) Getting a new OC could actually make us a better defensive team IF he can make better use of the players we have.

3) We now have the speed we need and can draft for players with better size and catching ability to provide a complete "threat level" on offense and force teams to reduce coverage on our speedsters.

4) We can spend this draft on an Offensive Center, a Defensive Linebacker and some bigger, better TE's. That should make us both more dangerous at many positions and less vulnerable due to an enhanced OL that can produce more due to better continuity as a group.

I'm not looking for giant steps in improvement all over. I am looking for smaller steps for improvement in areas where we were weak, or about to get weaker. This would go a long way to more consistent Offensive and Defensive play, resulting in a slightly improved W-L record.

Don't forget that other teams are changing and getting better this upcoming season, so this is not all cut and dried.
They could improve the team overall and have a worse record next year...completely possible. 2023 was a cakewalk, schedule-wise.

Back
Top Bottom