POLL: Make your way too early 2024 Win Total prediction | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL: Make your way too early 2024 Win Total prediction

How many wins will we have in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't cast a vote because we really have no idea about the team's makeup next year at this point.

It is interesting, though. Most seem to expect close to the same win total or perhaps a game or two less. Seems reasonable barring a decision to go with a two year rebuild approach.

I guess those voting the lower end are doing so out of disappointment with the way last season ended.

Those voting 13 plus? I do applaud the optimism, but it's pretty hard to reconcile with the current situation, notably FA loses and a cap situation that will be difficult to manage, let alone bring in any top, or possibly even second tier upgrades.

Offensively we have to hope for the continued growth of Tua/McD and to somehow address the Oline flaws.

Defensively, while I think we will be "OK" in the longer view, it's going to be rough as far as a sustained pass rush early until Phillips and Chubb come back, hopefully playing at a high level.
I made the thread as an exercise for the offseason. I believe we are going to navigate this cap situation pretty well and end up getting more talent in this offseason than most expect.

I voted 9-10 but if we aquire a couple Olinemen and draft well, I'll be back in the 11-12 croud. If the cap is seriously screwed and we can't bring in any new talent or resign anybody and Grier drafts a bunch of DBs to sit on the bench ill be down to 7-8.

I went with 13, because what’s the use of the offseason if not for febrile optimism? Plus if we’d beaten Tenn. and Buffalo at home we’d have won 13 this year. Yeah, NE and the Jets will probably be better, well maybe we will be too.

I went with 13, because what’s the use of the offseason if not for febrile optimism? Plus if we’d beaten Tenn. and Buffalo at home we’d have won 13 this year. Yeah, NE and the Jets will probably be better, well maybe we will be too.
I love your attitude!

The Dolphins have the worst luck. For almost 2 decades we were buried in a division with Brady and the Pats, now we are buried in a division with Josh Allen and the Bills for probably at least another decade. Will it then be the Jets turn to have an elite QB who is now in middle school, to bury us for another decade and a half after that?
Josh Allen did all a man could do to hand us that end-of-season game in Miami.

There needs to be a Josh Allen exorcism on this board.

No chiefs eagles ravens Niners bills are very good
Packers will be tough along with Texans.
Improved jets with healthy Rodgers.

Don’t think schedule is bad at all

Jesus christ. We just came off our second year of getting to the playoffs and some of you wimps have us at 7 or 8 wins? Get ahold of yourselves. 13-4 all day. I think some of you actually want us to lose.
schedule is harder and we know wat that means

Until I see the schedule I can’t and will not guess. It’s way too soon.
But I hope we get the most difficult schedule for any team in the NFL.
This way we will know long before the final stretch if we belong.
The last thing I want to happen is to get excited only to be kicked in the balls. Like this past season.
I want to know if we can beat good teams early. Not late in the season.

Your misery is at a next level. You're not a fan. You're just an emotional wasteland. Go away.

Is that like the Earths' largest cold desert?

Then let's send those folks to Antartica where their "heat" may be more useful. - LOL

Called for 7-8 wins.... With changes coming to the roster along with Phillips/Chubb missing so much time as well, all while playing a 2nd place schedule, figure a drop in the wins total.

Miami can have a great season next year if McDaniel learns from his mistakes and fixes the biggest problem facing this team. And it's not the QB or the O Line or depth or whatever. It's that the offense was one dimensional. That's it. We were speed, speed, speed! We may have had more speed than the rest of the league, but speed doesn't always work. And when it didn't work, we had nothing else to offer.

When KC shut down our screen and pitch to the outside game, we didn't have the bust you in the mouth type running game to make up for it and we all saw what happened. We couldn't do a God damn thing with the ball. It doesn't matter how good your Plan A is, if you don't have a solid Plan B and Plan C, you're going to end up losing games that you could otherwise win.

Even with potential cuts and losses in free agency, we have a strong core of players. If we can be more than a one trick pony, this team has the potential to go deep into the post season. McD needs to expand on this team's skill set, and when the time calls for it, slow the game down, lose the crazy pre-snap motion, and just beat the other team at the basics.

Back
Top Bottom