POLL: Make your way too early 2024 Win Total prediction | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL: Make your way too early 2024 Win Total prediction

How many wins will we have in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Dolphins have the worst luck. For almost 2 decades we were buried in a division with Brady and the Pats, now we are buried in a division with Josh Allen and the Bills for probably at least another decade. Will it then be the Jets turn to have an elite QB who is now in middle school, to bury us for another decade and a half after that?
But I read on here that tua was better than Josh Allen

Your misery is at a next level. You're not a fan. You're just an emotional wasteland. Go away.
Respectfully, why does it bother you so much when upset fans speak their mind/give their opinion? I would guess that if he is this miserable over this team, he's a real fan. Also, he's not wrong

Respectfully, why does it bother you so much when upset fans speak their mind/give their opinion? I would guess that if he is this miserable over this team, he's a real fan. Also, he's not wrong
I just don't see it. If this team had endured a few less injuries they'd be playing tonight. The it's all broken burn it all crap is at this point just that. The team had a bad finish. That doesn't mean they can't do as well or better next year.

If you want to only highlight the outcomes you didn't like and ignore the rest, yes, it's awful but so is everything else. I'm going to steamroll negative hyperbole whenever I come across it. You'll all be fine. There are plenty of whiners to commiserate with.

Dark time? 2004, 2006 and 2007 were dark times. Dave Wannstedt, Jim Bates, Nick Saban and Cam Cameron? DARK times.

11-6 is a better record than last year and we'll improve our record for the '24 season. We are light years away from our dark times...
Exactly. Some of these softies are just not cut out to be football fans. If you aren't winning the SuperBowl you need to fire everyone and fill the stadium with concrete according to them.

We've been through REAL bad times. Poor us and our going to playoffs 100% of MCD's years here, our QB leading the league in passing and being in the MVP convo for 3/4 of the year, our top tier offense. Booo hooo for us. We had some injuries and eventually got to the point where our backups and their backups couldn't have the impact that we wanted. Injuries happen. We had a but ton of them. A few less and we're playing tonight and next week.

I just don't see it. If this team had endured a few less injuries they'd be playing tonight. The it's all broken burn it all crap is at this point just that. The team had a bad finish. That doesn't mean they can't do as well or better next year.

If you want to only highlight the outcomes you didn't like and ignore the rest, yes, it's awful but so is everything else. I'm going to steamroll negative hyperbole whenever I come across it. You'll all be fine. There are plenty of whiners to commiserate with.
I hear ya but this team always seems to struggle at the end of the year. This year and last year it was injuries. The years before that, it was various other reasons. The point is, it's ALWAYS something.

Didn't cast a vote because we really have no idea about the team's makeup next year at this point.

It is interesting, though. Most seem to expect close to the same win total or perhaps a game or two less. Seems reasonable barring a decision to go with a two year rebuild approach.

I guess those voting the lower end are doing so out of disappointment with the way last season ended.

Those voting 13 plus? I do applaud the optimism, but it's pretty hard to reconcile with the current situation, notably FA loses and a cap situation that will be difficult to manage, let alone bring in any top, or possibly even second tier upgrades.

Offensively we have to hope for the continued growth of Tua/McD and to somehow address the Oline flaws.

Defensively, while I think we will be "OK" in the longer view, it's going to be rough as far as a sustained pass rush early until Phillips and Chubb come back, hopefully playing at a high level.

Exactly. Some of these softies are just not cut out to be football fans. If you aren't winning the SuperBowl you need to fire everyone and fill the stadium with concrete according to them.

We've been through REAL bad times. Poor us and our going to playoffs 100% of MCD's years here, our QB leading the league in passing and being in the MVP convo for 3/4 of the year, our top tier offense. Booo hooo for us. We had some injuries and eventually got to the point where our backups and their backups couldn't have the impact that we wanted. Injuries happen. We had a but ton of them. A few less and we're playing tonight and next week.
I agree with all you said but on the other hand, some of those injuries are going to affect us going into next season too. Two of our best pass rusher, best OLBs overall really, are most likely starting out the year on the PUP list. It's also going to be hard to retain all of our top FAs, and difficult to replace them on the cheap.

Aqua and orange colored glasses aside, it is going to take some good luck to see upgrades outweigh the losses.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or be negative, but it's going to be tough, given the cap situation, the obvious needs and limited draft picks.

Sure, we can manipulate the cap to a certain extent, though it may not be wise. Sure we could TAG CW in an attempt to maintain the Dline, but that is a actually a pretty hard hit to an already precarious cap situation.

I'm just not seeing a path to fielding a better team next year than we had last season, particularly early.

Your misery is at a next level. You're not a fan. You're just an emotional wasteland. Go away.
Just calling it like I’ve seen it for 30 plus years. Being a realist and calling it that way is no reason for personal attacks.
Stuck around this long, so no point in leaving now.

7-8, wheels will fall off earlier because next years excuse won't be injuries but bringing in all the new guys we lost to FA.

Green Bay can make it to the divisional round with the youngest team we're out trading picks for players *and* giving them huge contracts as our business model.. bonus points if they're injury prone.

When the smoke clears we'll make Tua the highest paid QB ever for accomplishing nothing, we'll have the same idiots picking players, and we'll have the standup comic as our HC. We'll watch as Harbaugh goes somewhere and does well in year 1, and the Dolphins will be spinning the we're just a few players away nonsense they do every year.

7-8, wheels will fall off earlier because next years excuse won't be injuries but bringing in all the new guys we lost to FA.

Green Bay can make it to the divisional round with the youngest team we're out trading picks for players *and* giving them huge contracts as our business model.. bonus points if they're injury prone.

When the smoke clears we'll make Tua the highest paid QB ever for accomplishing nothing, we'll have the same idiots picking players, and we'll have the standup comic as our HC. We'll watch as Harbaugh goes somewhere and does well in year 1, and the Dolphins will be spinning the we're just a few players away nonsense they do every year.
Fcuk, that's depressing

Sounds about right.

8 or 9 wins for us. It wouldn’t surprise me though, if we’re still competitive for the division until the end of season and the Jets, not the Bills, end up winning our division if Rodgers can stay healthy.

Schedule looks tough however most of the tough games are home and games on the road vs Texans/colts/rams are all in a dome. Browns and packers can be tough on the road

Back
Top Bottom