Poll: Tannehill’s Favorite Target This Year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Tannehill’s Favorite Target This Year

Who will by Ryan Tannehills favorite target this year?

• Total voters
I voted for Grant, most underutilized player on the Dolphins roster....when is Gase going to see the light...should be getting 70-80 touches and there is 12-15 TD's a year in him.

elite speed kills

I voted for Grant, most underutilized player on the Dolphins roster....when is Gase going to see the light...should be getting 70-80 touches and there is 12-15 TD's a year in him.

elite speed kills

giphy.gif

Parker or the season is an absolute bust.

Jakeem Grant is super overrated on this site. He's not a guy you want on the field more than situational. If he's in the starting line up, then that's a real problem. But 70-80 touches and 12-15 TDs isn't even a possibility for him in the NFL, IMO. Not even close. That's crazy, lol. He's our fifth best receiver and wouldn't be top 3 on a single depth chart in the NFL.

elite speed kills

I love your support and enthusiasm for him but there's not a scenario on earth where he gets 12 TD's. If we get 5 from him then consider that a huge success for our O....that means we are scoring from all over the place. Mark my words, if Grant gets 5 TD's that means we will be experiencing a very high scoring Offense.

I am not so sure Landry was ever RT's favorite target. You don't go into a play hoping to throw a 7 yard pass and hope your WR can turn into a 1st down. You accept that option as a last resort.

It's a tough call for me because I can see anyone of Parker, Grant, Stills or Gesicki being the top producer. I think given the various skill sets Ryan is going to rely on different guys to do different things.

No one should be surprised if Devante Parker explodes and becomes close to what we had hoped when we drafted him 14th overall. At the same time no one should be surprised if by season's end he's phased out of the offense after turning into JAG or being ineffective due to injury.

I can see Stills' consistency as a deep threat being RT's primary focus.

I can see Grant's ability to score from anywhere on the field at any given moment drawing 17's attention when he's scrambling around looking to heave a ball 60 yards.

I voted for Gesicki because it's the change in the offense we need to see.
Yes, I can see the playoffs!

The result is well-spread passing offense.
Defensive coordinator's nightmare ^^;

im gonna go with gesicki because tannehill wont have to throw every ball to him perfectly in order for him to catch it...he can throw it high and gesicki will actually go up and get it

im gonna go with gesicki because tannehill wont have to throw every ball to him perfectly in order for him to catch it...he can throw it high and gesicki will actually go up and get it

DVP can go up and get it

I am not so sure Landry was ever RT's favorite target. You don't go into a play hoping to throw a 7 yard pass and hope your WR can turn into a 1st down. You accept that option as a last resort.

It's a tough call for me because I can see anyone of Parker, Grant, Stills or Gesicki being the top producer. I think given the various skill sets Ryan is going to rely on different guys to do different things.

No one should be surprised if Devante Parker explodes and becomes close to what we had hoped when we drafted him 14th overall. At the same time no one should be surprised if by season's end he's phased out of the offense after turning into JAG or being ineffective due to injury.

I can see Stills' consistency as a deep threat being RT's primary focus.

I can see Grant's ability to score from anywhere on the field at any given moment drawing 17's attention when he's scrambling around looking to heave a ball 60 yards.

I voted for Gesicki because it's the change in the offense we need to see.
I mean it'll be good to have a nice young tight end for Tannehill to throw who will actually catch it.

I don't really know what to expect from the new guys Gesicki, Wilson and Amendola I'm going to take a wait and see approach but Drake and Grant both looked like they started to break out last year and both should be featured in the new offense. Running Drake looks like a star waiting for more carries, could also be a differences maker in the short passing game. Have to say I'm not sure Ballage even see's the field unless there is an injury to Drake or Gore.

Grant should see his targets improve this year to, just to much speed and to many explosive plays to not put the ball in his hands, kind of hard to tackle to being as short as he is they seem to try to tackle his upper body and he seems to have great leverage there.

Can't really say there is a shortage of weapons for Tannehill...my only pet peeve is the lack of physicality from any receiver, guess they will count on the TE's not named Gesicki for that. I do love the speed so...

Man!!!!! That's a lot of weapons!!!!! I love it!!!

I think it will be Wilson. His game is similar to Landry's, but much faster. Gesicki and Stills will have the most TDs.

Great question! It _should_ be DaVante. It is Parker's contract year, he's healthy, he learned last year how to treat the offseason, he's a veteran, he has chemistry with Tannehill, he's phenomenally talented, yadda, yadda, yadda. But, his injury history just makes me think it's not going to be him. Amendola should and likely will step in and execute well and receive a lot of targets, but he'll be splitting time with Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant, so even if he stays healthy (unlikely), I don't see him winning ... although he may.

The guy I voted for is Mike Gesicki. He's underdeveloped right now, and typically TE's require a couple of years seasoning to start to hit their stride, so there's a lot of reasons why he wouldn't be the top target. But, Gase loves to run the seam route, and that generates chunk yardage. Gesicki climbing the ladder will _always_ be open, so when we need those 3rd down conversions or conversions in the red zone, I see Gesicki being dialed up a lot. While it likely will not be by the margin that Landry had, I can see Gesicki being the top Tannehill Target this year.

I’m going with Albert Wilson. He runs the same sort of routes that Landry did with us and has great RAC ability. I predict 64 catches for 999 yards and 8 td’s.

Back
Top Bottom