• Yes

Votes: 176 97.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Se7eN

Self-Proclaimed Coolest Guy on Finheaven
Reaction score
With Taqliabue officially announcing his retirement, i realized a couple things that the nfl honestly has been run really well the last couple years. Taqliabue honestly is probably the best comish out of all the major sports Bud Selig made baseball a mess with the Steriod scandal, David Stern is trying to make the the NBA "professional"(edit) with all his stupid dress code rules, and Gary Betman i dont have to say nething. Tagliabue saves the nfl this year from becoming what baseball is, an unfair, capless free for all. He also made the NFL a huge success and pretty much took over baseball as Americas past time. Superbowl gets huge rating, i know this is not all him but while he was the comish there was no big thing that i could say that was really bad.

Se7eN said:
With Taqliabue officially announcing his retirement, i realized a couple things that the nfl honestly has been run really well the last couple years. Taqliabue honestly is probably the best comish out of all the major sports Bud Selig made baseball a mess with the Steriod scandal, David Stern is trying to make the the NBA white with all his stupid dress code rules, and Gary Betman i dont have to say nething. Tagliabue saves the nfl this year from becoming what baseball is, an unfair, capless free for all. He also made the NFL a huge success and pretty much took over baseball as Americas past time. Superbowl gets huge rating, i know this is not all him but while he was the comish there was no big thing that i could say that was really bad.

what? that is the most ridiculous statement in the history of the world. dress codes imply whiteness? why? i hope you are a white person making that assumption because that would offend me otherwise.

capecoralfinfan said:
what? that is the most ridiculous statement in the history of the world. dress codes imply whiteness? why? i hope you are a white person making that assumption because that would offend me otherwise.

How did I see someone getting offended by that one? I must have had psychic cheeri-o's this morning.

His best momment will probaly go down as making sure the collective Bargining agreement doesnt fall through along with the speech he gave that was suppossably very inspirational.

Im very sad to see him go. Any word on who will be the new commish?

I'll remember him most for his uneven treatment of disciplinary matters with superstars getting off light and bending rules for the same. He presided over the "thugacization" of the NFL. My opinion is he was a limp-wristed Commissioner.

He was a great commish and I hope the best for him in the future!

One Q though. Whats your opinion on who will replace him? I would take a guess but i'm not great with the NFL officer people.

Tagliabue was also the first League Commissioner among all the Major US Sports to announce that games would be cancelled after 9/11. After the announcement, the rest of the Leagues (MLB, NBA, NHL, etc) also announced their games would be cancelled. It further solidified the NFL as the undisputed Leader of the American Sports Landscape. Tagliabue, as the Commissioner, epitomized that leadership quality.

I bring this up because Pete Rozelle was faced with a similar decision forty years earlier. However, Rozelle didnt cancel NFL games after Kennedy was assasinated - the singular most traumatic event for Americans of that generation. He was roundly criticzed for it, and its been said its his only regret in 30 years of being Commissioner.

Defintely a great career. How many years has the NFL had without a strike? How many people watch/attend the games? How much are the franchises worth?

Only negatives:

The failure with NFL Europe, Allowing MNF to fizzle out the way it did, and the monopolization of Sunday Ticket to only Direct TV owners.

Possible replacement: Condi Rice
She's gone on record to say (years ago) that she'd potentially be interested in the job...but she's a big Browns fan, so we wouldn't benefit from that.

i am white by the way but here is why i consider it him trying to make the nba white.

i worked at a bar as a bartender on long island in ny right by a college which was prodominantly white, the next town over is a very urban community. The reason i say this is because the dress code for the NBA is pretty much the same dress code as the bar. Here was the sign on the door.
No White Tees
No Hoodies
No Doo-rags
No Tims or Boots
No Big Jewlery
you see what im getting at i did not mean to say nething that would affend some1 but from the owner of the bars mouth(racist fat ex stock broker) he didnt want to have blacks in the bar which i have black friends its just my opinion and alot of other peoples and for some reason when i see david stern i see the John(bar owner) just tryin to take urban style away from were it once was

Se7eN said:
With Taqliabue officially announcing his retirement, i realized a couple things that the nfl honestly has been run really well the last couple years. Taqliabue honestly is probably the best comish out of all the major sports Bud Selig made baseball a mess with the Steriod scandal, David Stern is trying to make the the NBA white with all his stupid dress code rules, and Gary Betman i dont have to say nething. Tagliabue saves the nfl this year from becoming what baseball is, an unfair, capless free for all. He also made the NFL a huge success and pretty much took over baseball as Americas past time. Superbowl gets huge rating, i know this is not all him but while he was the comish there was no big thing that i could say that was really bad.
what are you talking about??
The dress code that he instituted IMO brings a little bit of class to a league that was getting bad.

Back
Top Bottom