Poll:Was Tagliabue a good Comish? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll:Was Tagliabue a good Comish?

Was Tagilabue a good Comish

• Yes

Votes: 176 97.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
And for the last time it is not about race it's about presenting yourself with Professionalism!!![/quote]

I am not arguing against the idea of being professional, I am arguing against the idea that the clothing I wear has anything to do with what kind of worker I am and how "professional" I am. To judge someone by what clothing they wear is ridiculous. We are all unique human beings, with our own styles and beliefs. Why not celebrate an individuals right to express themselves instead of forcing them into a contrived cookie cutter design? If a person conducts themselves in a professional manner they are being PROFESSIONAL. I don't care what they are wearing.

P.S Who decided a suit and tie was "professional"??? :confused:

usf dolfan23 said:
And for the last time it is not about race it's about presenting yourself with Professionalism!!!

I am not arguing against the idea of being professional, I am arguing against the idea that the clothing I wear has anything to do with what kind of worker I am and how "professional" I am. To judge someone by what clothing they wear is ridiculous. We are all unique human beings, with our own styles and beliefs. Why not celebrate an individuals right to express themselves instead of forcing them into a contrived cookie cutter design? If a person conducts themselves in a professional manner they are being PROFESSIONAL. I don't care what they are wearing.

P.S Who decided a suit and tie was "professional"??? :confused:[/QUOTE]

:nono:

FinFan72 said:

P.S Who decided a suit and tie was "professional"??? :confused:
:nono:[/quote]

Can you honestly answer the question or is a smiley all i'm gonna get?

Se7eN said:
With Taqliabue officially announcing his retirement, i realized a couple things that the nfl honestly has been run really well the last couple years. Taqliabue honestly is probably the best comish out of all the major sports Bud Selig made baseball a mess with the Steriod scandal, David Stern is trying to make the the NBA "professional"(edit) with all his stupid dress code rules, and Gary Betman i dont have to say nething. Tagliabue saves the nfl this year from becoming what baseball is, an unfair, capless free for all. He also made the NFL a huge success and pretty much took over baseball as Americas past time. Superbowl gets huge rating, i know this is not all him but while he was the comish there was no big thing that i could say that was really bad.
These atheletes are swimming in millions and you are going to tell me they can not dress in a professional manner? Grow up. This is not G-Unit, this is a professional sports organization that holds tremendous atheletes that are role models and idols to many fans around the world.

Also, people like you don't deserve to live. Can't stand those who like to segregate themselves from the world by turning everything into a black and white thing.

usf dolfan23 said:

Can you honestly answer the question or is a smiley all i'm gonna get?[/quote]

look at the NFL draft, all the players dress well knowing they will be on TV/it will be one of the most imp days of their lives. Why can't NBA players do the same? You say professionalism has nothing to do with dressing well. Ask yourself this, if a newsreporter showed up on TV in a t shirt and jeans, would you consider them professional/adult/take them seriously?

Tagliabue was excellent as a commisioner; the popularity and success of the NFL reached new heights that were probably once unthinkable. The only criticism I have is not holding athletes accountable for off-the-field criminal activity(not speeding tickets, but serious crimes).

Whats funny about this whole conversation about dress code is the two guys it had the biggest impact on was nash and dirk. Those guys looked like bums walking into an arena. Stern wanted people to look like millionaries walking in, like how jordan or shaq walked into an arena.

As for tags the original topic, compare him to bettman(idiot who let himself come before the league), or selig whos league is a mess because he wanted revenue so ignored an abuse issue that is coming back to haunt him. Also tags never canceled the pro-bowl because it was too long. And stern has been a good comish but he has issues much more important than dress code that he is worried about. Like getting refs who dont give superstar calls. Tags although not a rozelle was the best commish in modern times and did somthing that pete didnt and thats make all 32 teams equal and extremely profitable even in the smallest markets.

Vertical Limit said:
These atheletes are swimming in millions and you are going to tell me they can not dress in a professional manner? Grow up. This is not G-Unit, this is a professional sports organization that holds tremendous atheletes that are role models and idols to many fans around the world.

So wearing a suit and tie makes you a role model? :shakeno:

Also, people like you don't deserve to live. Can't stand those who like to segregate themselves from the world by turning everything into a black and white thing.
Wow, where do I start. You're telling me to grow up? I'm trying to have a respectable ADULT discussion and you have to come in and lash out with personal attacks. Are you kidding me? ADULTS understand that people have different opinions!!! I segregate myself from the world??? You are the one making personal attacks! Personal attacks are what segregate people and break bonds. I may have different opinions then the other people in this thread but I respect their opinion because they state it in a RESPECTABLE manner. You on the other hand have to come out with childish attacks because someone has a different opinion. Last but certainly not least "people like you don't deserve to live"!?!?!?!?!!?! WTF???? I have an opposing view so I don't deserve to live? :fire:Unbelievable. You a perfect example of a person who may dress "professionally" but has not one respectable or professional bone in you're body.

PS By the way I am WHITE, and I am not trying to make everything black and white subject. I wish their didn't have to be blacks and whites, but rather just "humans". The unfortunate truth though, is we live in a country(and a world) thats very divided. As much as we want to believe otherwise, we still have a long ways to go before we have racial equality...

{edit} wow i'm an idiot and didn't even realize that you weren't responding to me. Woops. Anyways I still think everything I said holds true, the personal attacks were uncalled for.

WestCoastPhins said:
Whats funny about this whole conversation about dress code is the two guys it had the biggest impact on was nash and dirk. Those guys looked like bums walking into an arena. Stern wanted people to look like millionaries walking in, like how jordan or shaq walked into an arena.

As for tags the original topic, compare him to bettman(idiot who let himself come before the league), or selig whos league is a mess because he wanted revenue so ignored an abuse issue that is coming back to haunt him. Also tags never canceled the pro-bowl because it was too long. And stern has been a good comish but he has issues much more important than dress code that he is worried about. Like getting refs who dont give superstar calls. Tags although not a rozelle was the best commish in modern times and did somthing that pete didnt and thats make all 32 teams equal and extremely profitable even in the smallest markets.

:lol: The Brett Favre quote in you're sig is hilarious. Soooooooooooo true.

ih8brady said:
Can you honestly answer the question or is a smiley all i'm gonna get?

look at the NFL draft, all the players dress well knowing they will be on TV/it will be one of the most imp days of their lives. Why can't NBA players do the same? You say professionalism has nothing to do with dressing well. Ask yourself this, if a newsreporter showed up on TV in a t shirt and jeans, would you consider them professional/adult/take them seriously?[/quote]

If (big if) and when I watch the news I am looking for one thing. THE NEWS. I honestly could care less if the reporter is wearing a monkey suit, as long as he is good at REPORTING THE NEWS(which most of these "professional looking" reporters are terrible at).

ih8brady said:
Tagliabue was excellent as a commisioner; the popularity and success of the NFL reached new heights that were probably once unthinkable. The only criticism I have is not holding athletes accountable for off-the-field criminal activity(not speeding tickets, but serious crimes).

Totally agree!

it'll be different seeing someone else call out the names at the draft! he was great, and really did a lot to help every franchise in the league.

usf dolfan23 said:
look at the NFL draft, all the players dress well knowing they will be on TV/it will be one of the most imp days of their lives. Why can't NBA players do the same? You say professionalism has nothing to do with dressing well. Ask yourself this, if a newsreporter showed up on TV in a t shirt and jeans, would you consider them professional/adult/take them seriously?

If (big if) and when I watch the news I am looking for one thing. THE NEWS. I honestly could care less if the reporter is wearing a monkey suit, as long as he is good at REPORTING THE NEWS(which most of these "professional looking" reporters are terrible at).[/QUOTE]

If David Stern was a Black guy then we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Back
Top Bottom