Poll:Was Tagliabue a good Comish?

Was Tagilabue a good Comish

• Yes

Votes: 176 97.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
Se7eN said:
i am white by the way but here is why i consider it him trying to make the nba white.

i worked at a bar as a bartender on long island in ny right by a college which was prodominantly white, the next town over is a very urban community. The reason i say this is because the dress code for the NBA is pretty much the same dress code as the bar. Here was the sign on the door.
No White Tees
No Hoodies
No Doo-rags
No Tims or Boots
No Big Jewlery
you see what im getting at i did not mean to say nething that would affend some1 but from the owner of the bars mouth(racist fat ex stock broker) he didnt want to have blacks in the bar which i have black friends its just my opinion and alot of other peoples and for some reason when i see david stern i see the John(bar owner) just tryin to take urban style away from were it once was

:confused: You can't possibly be saying that a dress code defines a race. This is the craziest thing I've heard in a while!:sidelol:

aight when the guy says it to your face that the reason he has it bc of black people then its not crazy he really did that and it was there i mean the placed closed down for serving underage drinkers but the guy was a sleezbag coke head but i made like 600 dollars in two days workin there so i wasnt gonna say sh*t

Se7eN said:
i am white by the way but here is why i consider it him trying to make the nba white.

i worked at a bar as a bartender on long island in ny right by a college which was prodominantly white, the next town over is a very urban community. The reason i say this is because the dress code for the NBA is pretty much the same dress code as the bar. Here was the sign on the door.
No White Tees
No Hoodies
No Doo-rags
No Tims or Boots
No Big Jewlery
you see what im getting at i did not mean to say nething that would affend some1 but from the owner of the bars mouth(racist fat ex stock broker) he didnt want to have blacks in the bar which i have black friends its just my opinion and alot of other peoples and for some reason when i see david stern i see the John(bar owner) just tryin to take urban style away from were it once was

THREAD HIJACK ALERT
In the example you wrote above, I'd agree that the owner of the bar was a %$*&. However, there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between what you'd wear to a bar, and what you'd wear to a job interview. Professionals, whether they are white, black, or purple wear suits/ties to work, and a more professional image is something that most people agree the NBA sorely needs.

Se7eN said:

No White Tees
No Hoodies
No Doo-rags
No Tims or Boots
No Big Jewlery

did you ever think that white tees, hoodies, doo-rags, and big jewelry don't really look good for any sport?...do you see shaq walking around in doo-rags? no, he's dressed like a respectable adult, not a rapper trying to sell an album based on his 100,000 necklace. these are professionals making millions of dollars...they are role models and people that need to understand what being in the public eye means. dress codes are very good for white, black, purple, orange, yellow, red, and green people.

Se7eN said:
aight when the guy says it to your face that the reason he has it bc of black people then its not crazy he really did that and it was there i mean the placed closed down for serving underage drinkers but the guy was a sleezbag coke head but i made like 600 dollars in two days workin there so i wasnt gonna say sh*t

i think you've been brainwashed LOL go back to school and learn some "country grammar" hahaha

im just sayin i dont agree with the dress code personally i think people do look better in suit then whatever else but the thing is i dont think its his right to change that the knicks had a dress code b4 the full nba did what i think it should be a teams decision not the NBA if the gonna get on the players case they should hop on Cuban and have him wear suits

I THOUGHT this was a thread about Tags, we have a basketball forum for this discussion, back on topic, it will HUGE shoes to fill whomever replaces Tags

Se7eN said:
im just sayin i dont agree with the dress code personally i think people do look better in suit then whatever else but the thing is i dont think its his right to change that the knicks had a dress code b4 the full nba did what i think it should be a teams decision not the NBA if the gonna get on the players case they should hop on Cuban and have him wear suits

Good point.

I've got a question....hope its not a stupid one.....lol......How would the new commish get appointed?

yes back to taqliabue i think the only thing he didnt get accomplished was a team back in LA

and lazy1 that beer pong table is kick ***

90-2 he was good. You Youngins don't remember Pete Rozelle....he was even better.

DaBearNY said:
I've got a question....hope its not a stupid one.....lol......How would the new commish get appointed?

they get locked in a room and wax the doors shut and when white smoke comes out the chimney the new comish is selected lol

actually i have no idea maybe the owners vote

Roman529 said:
90-2 he was good. You Youngins don't remember Pete Rozelle....he was even better.

yea i dont remember Rozelle but what i know about him is that he was a PR guy b4 he was selected to be comish, which means they may go newhere for the next one but he was a very good public figure as apposed to taqliabue who was kinda scary

capecoralfinfan said:
did you ever think that white tees, hoodies, doo-rags, and big jewelry don't really look good for any sport?...do you see shaq walking around in doo-rags? no, he's dressed like a respectable adult, not a rapper trying to sell an album based on his 100,000 necklace. these are professionals making millions of dollars...they are role models and people that need to understand what being in the public eye means. dress codes are very good for white, black, purple, orange, yellow, red, and green people.

What makes a person "respectable"? I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with what clothes you decide to wear but rather the manner in which you live you're life and the way you present yourself AS A PERSON. I don't care if a person is wearing a wife beater or a designer suit, it doesn't change anything about who that person is and what they represent. Rich white guys are the ones who decided suits and ties are what makes a person respectable because they for the most part are the only people who can afford them. So stop acting like it has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with race, even if thats not exactly how it was meant to be taken.

Back
Top Bottom