• First game

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • During the season

Votes: 92 35.8%
  • Next year

Votes: 135 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there's a way to have some balance here. Tannehill obviously needs some time to mature, however unless they are going to completely break down his throwing motion I don't think there is a reason to shelter him. If he mentally has the offense down, why not put him in there? Mental snaps are only going to help him so much.

The biggest thing that will decide whether he starts some time this year is how well Moore or Garrard play this season. If one of them are playing well, there's no point in starting Tannehill at that point. I think at some point after mid-season Tannehill will get some serious consideration to start games.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Who knows Sherman's system the best...????? Tannehill,,,,,,that's who you start.

I heard that last night, and it makes total sense, but will this offense be so similar to Sherman's offense at Texas?

I wonder if it is.

I heard that last night, and it makes total sense, but will this offense be so similar to Sherman's offense at Texas?

I wonder if it is.

Texas A&M ran a pro offense.....I say let the three of them compete for the starting job....I think Tannehill has as good a shot at starting as Moore/Garrard. We shall see. I also don't worry about how he might get "damaged" if we put him in "too soon." Sometimes you have to chuck your kid into the deep end of the pool and let them swim. :lol:

Week 1 next season, he will have to. If I remember correctly both Moore &the Gerard are free agents at the end of this season.

Barring some injuries or a horrific 0-10 record I do not see Tannehill starting until 2013. In fact, I hope that he does not get a start until next year and that the regime do not fold to fan pressure by sticking him in before he is ready. Blaine Gabbert is a cautionary tale that we all should keep in mind.

AFter bye week If we are not in playoof contention. He still has 4 months of training before a preseason game.

No doubt, he'll have an edge in minicamps and OTA's and maybe even early in August because of his knowledge of the system. I don't know that he'll be our day one starter though... I think he'll take over during the year, but only because I don't think we're going to be really, really successful this season and putting him in the games in Nov and Dec will only help him learn...

Barring some injuries or a horrific 0-10 record I do not see Tannehill starting until 2013. In fact, I hope that he does not get a start until next year and that the regime do not fold to fan pressure by sticking him in before he is ready. Blaine Gabbert is a cautionary tale that we all should keep in mind.

Baline Gabbert sucks because he lacks the talent. If Tannehill is any good, he'll be fine starting year one. Only way he gets ruined is if the Offensive Line is bad. As in David Carr Houston bad.

I put during the year simply because it seems to be a rule that the Dolphin's starting quarterback must get injured at some point.

Back
Top Bottom