• First game

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • During the season

Votes: 92 35.8%
  • Next year

Votes: 135 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Texas A&M ran a pro offense.....I say let the three of them compete for the starting job....I think Tannehill has as good a shot at starting as Moore/Garrard. We shall see. I also don't worry about how he might get "damaged" if we put him in "too soon." Sometimes you have to chuck your kid into the deep end of the pool and let them swim. :lol:

Couldn't agree more. If he has the offense down, as far as mentally I say put him in. Unless they are planning to rebuild his throwing motion or something, he should be in there. The only way he can get better at that point is for him play some games.

But I trust Sherman and Philbin, they'll know when he's as ready as he can be.

Who knows Sherman's system the best...????? Tannehill,,,,,,that's who you start.

Its not a matter if knowing Sherman's system. Its a matter of understanding NFL style defenses. Tannehill will het the start in 2013 or later.

If we are having a great season next year but if we are not i say mid season .

I think it really depends on how next season goes. If we are really bad and are going to be drafting in the top three next year then we need to play him torwards the end of the season and try to determine if he is who we want going into the next season or if we need to bring in Barkley or Jones... If we are doing ok he holds a clipboard the entire season and get the chance next year...

I hope we don't throw him into the lion's den this season. I would like to see him sit for a season or two. This would let him solidify (not sure how different it will be from Texas A&M's) his knowledge of the offense and to help him prepare to lead this team...

I think he will make a big push to be the starter!!! He has a leg up on eveyone else on the team by haveing a big understanding of the O. I think that will show early. He has a couple of things to work on but i think its going to be a close race between all 3

It's a nice feeling that there's no rush with Tannehill. Beck and Henne you needed to see something from sooner than later because they had no excuses not to be at least somewhat NFL ready. Beck was in his mid-40s and Henne was a 4 year starter at a major school. With Tannehill we know we haven't seen the end product yet. Pairing him with Sherman should accelerate his development quite a bit. He's going to be comfortable with this offense. We might even see some flashes in preseason. I don't think he sits more than a year.

I think he will start a few games at the end of the season if we are out of the playoff race then.

I think he will start in one year. And will not in the first game of the season... maybe in a season and a half.

Beck and Henne you needed to see something from sooner than later because they had no excuses not to be at least somewhat NFL ready.

They also had 4 year contracts, where Tannehill will have a 5 year contract. No rush on Tannehill to start imo.

Back
Top Bottom