POLL: Who is/was the best Dolphins QB post-Marino? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL: Who is/was the best Dolphins QB post-Marino?

Who is/was the best Dolphins QB post-Marino?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think not even giving Daunte Culpepper another shot in training camp is an absolutly terrible idea. I am still behind him 100%, and even though I love Cam(he has got balls, give him that much), I feel that Daunte is being treated VERY unfairly. I believe he could still be an outstanding quarterback.

I liked Gus and think it was a huge mistake getting rid of him. Ive said this before and I still stand by it. We should of never pursued DC, Brees, or harington. Our gameplan should of been Gus at the helm, until Jay Cutler was ready to take over and the money we wasted on QB's in FA should of been spent on Steve Hutchinson. We would of had the best left guard in the nfl protecting a servicable veteran QB who could manage the offence and a rookie on the bench showing promise of a future. If Saban would of went that direction he would still have a job in miami.

I liked Jay Fiedler as far him as a leader. The guy had heart, but man did I cringe when he would c0ck his arm back to let one go down the field. It was painful to watch. Jay had more sucess with the phins then gus but he also had more failures too. The reasoning some of you seem to be using to say Jay was our best could also be used to call him our worst.

DC was the most expensive experiment with very dismal results.

Harrington was nothing more then a lesser version of fiedler

Trent should not even be included on this poll

The poll should read who do you like better Gus or Jay.

Looking at that list ,really, explains our situation for the last decade!!!

And when we were playing Oakland and he took the snap, the coverage was great and he had to run and dive in from a ways out. The guy had guts man, guts. He was considered one of the best scrambling QB's when he played

That has to be one of my favorite post-Marino era games.

I think not even giving Daunte Culpepper another shot in training camp is an absolutly terrible idea. I am still behind him 100%, and even though I love Cam(he has got balls, give him that much), I feel that Daunte is being treated VERY unfairly. I believe he could still be an outstanding quarterback.

I am so tired of this poor Daunte rant. Cry me a river already. If you want to say you think Cam is making a mistake by not using Daunte because you believe he still has talent thats fine, but when you say its unfair your crossing the line. The NFL is not fair its about wins n losses, if it was fair we would run do-over plays when running backs fumble or recievers drop catches. You want fair go watch jv football where everyone gets to play.

I am so tired of this poor Daunte rant. Cry me a river already. If you want to say you think Cam is making a mistake by not using Daunte because you believe he still has talent thats fine, but when you say its unfair your crossing the line. The NFL is not fair its about wins n losses, if it was fair we would run do-over plays when running backs fumble or recievers drop catches. You want fair go watch jv football where everyone gets to play.
:up: Good post!!

Man, why isnt Ray Lucas up there? How can I vote for him??
One of the others
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
22.35%

Fiedler gets a bad RAP CUZ HE FOLLOWED MARINO. He was good though. Not Marino but better than we as fins fans give him credit for!

Gus Frerotte, and here's why. Fiedler has the numbers, but good lord watching him screw up nearly every time we were in the Red Zone was painful and infuriating.

Frerotte seemed to be a better field manager.

To me, at least.

Gus Frerotte, and here's why. Fiedler has the numbers, but good lord watching him screw up nearly every time we were in the Red Zone was painful and infuriating.

Frerotte seemed to be a better field manager.

To me, at least.

Until he managed to send one 3 feet wide of the receiver...

Definatly Fiedler but i would like to say in a couple years that Green was.

Gus and Fiedler have been the only two QB's that have actually caused us to win games! Gus was the reason that people still think Chambers is great, which is kind of intriging because him and Trent throw a similar ball! Fiedler gave his heart and soul out on the field, too bad that he really wasn't that good though. Even as frustrating as Fiedler was to watch, we all knew at the time that he gave us our best chances to win since Marino retired! I still don't understand why we let Gus go!

Back
Top Bottom